A Year And A Month

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

It was very early in the morning, but one man was braving the cold winter air. He walked back and fourth between the car and the house, taking a baby at a time and putting them in the car. Once all three of his children where in the car he drove quickly away. It didn't take him long to get to his destination. The house of his in-laws. They where also braving the cold as they waited for him on the side walk.

'My babies!' His mother-in-law yelled happily. Jun Pyo laughed a little.

'Mother, Father.' He greeted them quickly, as he unstrapped the babies from their seats.

'Son-In-Law.' They both greeted him with an attack hug. They then grabbed the babies quickly. Kang Sang walked out of the house rubbing his eyes.

'Hi.' He greeted Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo waved in reply.

'But, Son-In-Law, why did you ask us to suddenly watch the children?' Jan Di's father asked.

'Uh... well it was our wedding anniversary last month, but we couldn't really do much because she started working again on that week and was too stubborn to switch shifts with anyone.' Jun Pyo's explanation turned in to more of a complain.

'So you're celebrating today?' Jan Di's mother grinned nosily. Jun Pyo nodded.

'Yeah. Um... I'll be back for them around eleven tonight. Everything's in their bag...call me if there's any problems.' He said. Jan Di's parents nodded eagerly.

'Enjoy yourself!' Jan Di's mother said. Kang San stepped forwards.

'I'll make sure my parents don't get carried away and do something stupid with them.' He whispered to Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo nodded his head.

'When are you graduating?' Jun Pyo asked.

'He's graduating in march! Our boy is going to be a business man!' Jan Di's mother said very proudly.

'I'll fix you up with a job or something. Just call me.' Jun Pyo leaned forwards towards Kang San. He slipped a piece of paper in to Kang San's hand discreetly. 'As a bribe for looking after my triplets. Just take Ga Eun to this restaurant, and drop my name. Best table, and all paid for.'

Kang San's face light up.

'Thanks, Hyung.' He grinned. Jun Pyo winked.

'I'm going now. Bye.' He said quickly climbing back in to his car. He glanced at the clock as he started the engine. He had taken longer than planned to drop off the triplets, and he was going to have to hurry back quickly if he was going to get back home before his wife woke up.

He drove quickly and was home in less than fifteen minutes. It was silent as he walked in to the house. The staff had all been given the day off. He walked upstairs and in to his room. The small dark head of his wife could be seen just over the top of the covers she was deeply tucked in to. Her hair was messy, but to Jun Pyo she looked perfect. He stood in the doorway for a second, just watching her. He flashed back to the time she had gotten drunk and had slept at his house, in the guest room. He had watched her then too. At that time he had liked her far more than she liked him. He still thought that was the way even now, but he liked her more every day, and he had a feeling she felt the same. Jun Pyo laughed a little as he thought how far they had come from the first day they had met at Shinhwa. Jan Di stirred in bed, and she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

'You're dressed already? Are you working early today?' She asked yawning. Jun Pyo smiled at her.

'I'm not going to work, we're going on a date.' He said. Jan Di raised her eyebrows.

'We're going on a date, and taking three babies. Romantic.' Jan Di said sarcastically.

'They're with your parents and brother.' He said. Jan Di turned away from him to check the clock.

'It's seven a.m and you've already taken them to my parents?' Jan Di asked. Her tone was surpsied. Jun Pyo nodded.

'And your brother.' He added.

'What did you bribe him with?' Jan Di stood up and stretched.

'A meal at a restaurant with Ga Eun.' Said Jun Pyo.

'Good work.' Jan Di walked over to Jun Pyo. He opened up his arms, and she stepped in to them.

'Where are we going?' Jan Di asked. Jun Pyo grinned.

'To a place with the best coffee.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di took a step back.

'Namsang tower?' She asked. Jun Pyo nodded. She smiled.

A little while later, after Jan Di had showered they set out in Jun Pyo's old sports car. They didn't use it much any more since they had the mini van, but for today it was perfect. Jun Pyo glanced at Jan Di as they drove.

'You're wearing similar clothes to the first time we went.' He commented.

'I know. But I don't have a backpack full of scarves this time. So we'd better not get locked in or we'll freeze.' She laughed. Jun Pyo grinned.

'That night worked out well in the end.' He commented.

'"Jun Pyo hearts Jan Di. First night."' She quoted the words written on the cable car all those years ago.

'Jun Pyo still hearts Jan Di. Lots of nights.' He replied. Jan Di crunched up her face.

'Aish. So cheesy.' Jan Di replied, although her tone was very happy. Jun Pyo stopped the car. As they climbed out there was a suspicious lack of people around.

'Did you close it down?' She asked as she walked along.

'Of course. What do you take me for?' Jun Pyo replied. Jan Di rolled her eyes she linked her arm through his. She was smiling.

'Don't pretend to be cute.' Jun Pyo said looking in to the distance. Jan Di stuck out her tongue at him. She unlinked her arm from his as they walked in the empty building. The coffee machine was still there. Jan Di fished in to her pocket for some coins, and pressed the buttons. Jun Pyo waited behind her calmly. She passed him a cup, and took a sip of her own. Jun Pyo wrinkled up his forehead.

'You can't drink yet. You have to wait until we're seated.' He whined, trying to push her cup away from .

'Yah!' She snapped. 'I want to drink it now.'

'Aish.' Jun Pyo hissed. He grabbed his wife's hand and pulled up the set of stairs to their old favourite sitting spot next to the cable cars. Jan Di pulled a face, and then sat down. Jun Pyo sat down next to her. For a minute or two they didn't say a word. They just sipped at their coffee.

'We've been married for a year.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di nodded.

'A year and a month.' Jan Di added. She laughed to herself as a witty remark sprung to her mind. 'I've obviously been too busy to file for a divorce.' She said. Jun Pyo's arm went around her waist. He pulled her towards him so the sides of their bodies where touching.

'I'm never letting you escape.' He chuckled. Jan Di grinned. She slipped her head on to his shoulder.

'So what do you think next year's going to be like?' Jan Di thought out loud.

'Well judging by the events of this year, but next year we'll have six kids and the year after that we'll have nine, and then twelve and then-' Jun Pyo started.

'Yah! Don't you think three is enough?' Jan Di laughed. 'We've already got more kids than adults. We're gonna to spend our lives outnumbered already.'

'How many kids did you want when you where little?' Jun Pyo asked his wife.

'Two. How many did you want?' Jan Di said. Jun Pyo thought for a moment.

'I didn't really ever think about it. But I liked that I had an older sister who looked after me...I'll kill you if you tell her I said that.' Jun Pyo said threateningly. He held up his fist mockingly.

'So you wanted two?' Jan Di asked.

'Yeah.' Jun Pyo replied.

'Lets sell one then. We've got too many if we both wanted two.' Jan Di joked. Jun Pyo laughed.

'Three seems really good now. Even if I could I wouldn't change a thing about any one of them.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di nodded.

'It's cold, lets go in to the cable car.' Jan Di said.

'It's not that cold.' Jun Pyo replied. Jan Di stood up while he continued to sit. She poked him with her foot.

'I want to go inside.' She said. White powder snow started falling from the sky. She pulled her hood up quickly.

'Aish.' Jun Pyo said standing up. He pulled his own hood up angrily. 'Why is weather such a mood killer!' He snapped. He moodily folded his arms across his body. Jan Di looked away and smiled.

'Yah, do you never change?' She asked in a mock serious tone.

'Why would I? I'm the great Goo Jun Pyo.'

'Oh really?' Jan Di replied. Her eyes twinkled in amusement.

'Yeah. Think about it, what do I not have? I've got a good job, a lot of money, a big house, great friends, three healthy children and a loving wife-'

'A loving wife?' Jan Di asked loudly. 'Yah, is that all I am?'

'Isn't that enough?' Jun Pyo asked. Jan Di crinkled up her face. Jun Pyo smirked at her. 'Why, what else do you want to be called? Loud? Scary? Very scary?'

'Scary?' Jan Di raised her eyebrows.

'Yah, Geum Jan Di, of course you're scary. But you're my scary wife. It'd we weird if you where any other way.' Jun Pyo said.

'Really? No other way, a year and three kids later?' Jan Di asked. Jun Pyo leaned back cooly against the railing.

'Maybe one thing.' Jun Pyo said.

'What?' Jan Di's eyes widened. Jun Pyo grinned.

'Aish. Don't look so worried, you're the one threatening divorce.' Jun Pyo paused as Jan Di pretended to hit him.

'What is it then?' Jan Di asked. She pouted slightly. Jun Pyo smirked at her. She looked cute like that.

'You call Yi Jung and Woo Bin "Oppa" and you call Ji Hoo either "Oppa" or "Sunbae" but you just call me "Jun Pyo". Why?'

'It sounds creepy to call you Oppa.' Jan Di said in a slightly winy tone.

'Just try it!' Jun Pyo urged. Jan Di took a deep breath in.

'Op-' She started with great pain. 'No! It's gross I'm not finishing it.' She yelled. She turned around to storm off.

'Geum Jan Di!' Jun Pyo yelled.

'Lets divorce!' She yelled in reply, walking away playfully. Jun Pyo put his hands on his hips and sighed, rolling his eyes.

'Rascal!' He shouted. Just as he did., countless fireworks went off in the distance. Jan Di looked up at the sky. She smiled to herself, and walked back over to her husband.

'Aish.' She said. She crinkled her nose, and slipped her hands on to her husband's waist.

'That's my catchphrase.' Jun Pyo replied, pretending to be annoyed with her. This caused Jan Di to start laughing. She stood up on her tips toes, and kissed him lightly.

'Happy year and a month anniversary.' She mumbled, before leaning back in for another kiss.