No one in Particular

No one in Particular

 

 


Your issues were never getting into a company, But always being ‘flipped’ around with other trainee’s. This was the fourth company you had been with in the three years of your training to debut as a korean idol. First it was JYP. then YG and loen after That and now you were working with Pledis entertainment. Every Time was the same, you were good but not good enough to debut. Once a company thought they had done all they could do for you and got tires then you were flipped again.

 

 

Pledis was a nice company, from whom you had met they all seemed very welcoming and kind. They were not a very large company and, you knew this before you got flipped into pledis, but you liked the idea of them being a smaller company. Here everyone seemed like a family. You manager took care of you and seemed pretty concerned in your wellbeing.

 

 

Vocals and dance were your strong points. Even though YG had tried to train you in rap you still stuck more to the dance side of training. You looked at it like this, ‘You can always get better.’ Because you were still new you hadn’t been paired up with other trainees to work so that meant you didn’t have much of a schedule. So here you were, practicing alone in a random practice room that didn’t have a schedule posted on it saying it was reserved.

 

 

“1-2, 3-4, 5 , 6, 7-8.” you counted out while practicing choreography and singing along with the song in your head. Your form was okay, beats were on and sharp, which frustrated you.  You had always been good, but what was it going to take to be good enough?

 

 

The door opened and you didn’t realize until a blonde haired boy trotted in. He stopped in his tracks realizing i was practicing in the room. “Ah i didn’t realize anyone was in here! Mian.” HE said bowing and started to walk out. He turned back around and looked at you. “By the way, Your form was very good. Are you in training? What’s your name?” He asked looking at you through the reflection of the full length mirrors on the wall. You walked over to the wall and cut off the music so you wouldn’t have to raise your voice. You bowed back to him and said hello. You were a little red in the face partially because you were hot from practicing and also because the guy you were talking to was Choi Ren from Nu’EST. A popular idol who got attention for his amazing feminine looks and dancing skills. Had he just complimented you?

 

 

“gamsahabnida, yes im in training. I’m new here actually i just transferred from Loen a few days ago. My name is Y/N.” you said picking up your water bottle which was almost completely empty, you needed to refill it. “Ah were you dancing to Bang? That was pretty good.” He said walking to the center of the room and began dancing the same steps you had been practicing just a few moments ago. You didn’t know if he was that good at picking up a dance or if he actually knew it.

 

 

“Wah, that actually made realize what i was doing wrong.” You said watching Ren’s motions. They were so sleek and in rhythm, even without the music he was on beat. ‘ Dang he has nice legs.’ you thought to yourself. ‘Stop it ______! He is an idol, you're a trainee, don’t get all googly eyed over him.’ you thought pinching your arm.

 

 

Ren continued to dance and looked at you. “Well?” “Well what?” You asked curiously before ren grabbed your arm and pulled you to the center of the practice room. “Let’’s try it together. Training alone is no fun.” He the music and started to teach you the dance step by step.

 

 

You were able to pick up things faster by having his help. He kept getting different things to teach you keeping you busy and moving. He would drill you making you memorize dance steps after seeing them once. “Good job Y/N, again.” You were already tired and hot. Everytime you tried to stop and rest Ren would pull up a different song and make you learn a different dance.

 

 

After learning more dances then you could count Ren finally told you you could rest. You fell awkwardly to the floor and leaned up against the mirrors which felt cool against your flushed pink skin. Ren brought you a water and sat beside you. “I don’t think I have ever been this tired.” You said panting and drinking the water. Ren tilted you sideways putting your head in his lap so you could rest. He pulled the hair brush that was poking out of your practice bag and began brushing your hair. “When I was in training I tried to practice by myself at least a few hours everyday. I lost sleep because I worked myself so hard. I wanted to be the best i could. You have potential Y/N. If you want I will help you, it won’t be easy though.” He said. You drank more water and closed your eyes letting Ren brush the tangles out of your hair. “ Okay but not for a little while, I’m seeing spots.” You said tiredly. “Okay Y/N that’s fine.” He smiled at you and let you sit up again. You smiled back at him, realizing that you were friends now, and hopefully would be for a long time.