Meeting Without Knowing . .

Blind

" Kim Taeyeon ?" 

" Here . " I said somewhat boldly . I was at Seoul University . I'm majoring singing . There weren't many people who were doing fine arts at this university since they believe in brains and not dreams . Yeh , it has been my dream to become a singer . 

This was just my calculus class . My professor , Mr. Hosuk , was taking attendance . 

I tapped my pencil on the desk rapidly . Even though I'm blind , I can take notes . Actually , my one and only friend , Sooyoung , takes notes for me . I'm almost all the way in the back of the class and she's just in front of me . 

I listen very carefully to the Professor Hosuk though . His voice is kind of quiet that's why .

I play with my eraser as Professor Hosuk explains some functions . I hear a lot of pencils scratching paper . But from afar , I hear some angry footsteps . They were getting louder and louder . 

Then a door opened loudly with a bang . 

" Mr. Park , you are late . " Professor Hosuk calmly stated .

" Yeh whatever . " The male voice brushed off . What kind of person is this guy ? He doesn't seem to care a lot though . 

His footsteps were coming from my left side and then I heard a puff and a creak . He sat down next to me . 

He's very noisy , I have to admit . This guy keeps moving around , can't stay still for some reason . I would glare at him if I wasn't blind . 

This guy is pretty much distracting me . I sighed heavily and tried to concentrate on Professor Hosuk's lecture and lesson . 

After ten minutes , the bell rung and I let out a relieved sigh . 

" Taeyeon , here are your notes . Study well . " Sooyoung handed me the notes and left . Sooyoung is the only person that would talk to me within this whole university . No one wants to be friends with a blind person . 

I straighten out the notes and put them in my binder . I stuff my binder into my bag . 

People were leaving . I tried to feel for my cane but touched it and it dropped . Apparently , it hit someone . 

" Ow ! " Oh it hit that guy . That loud guy . 

" Oh I'm sorry . " I apologize flatly and tried to 'look' for my cane . 

" You should be . You almost gave me a bruise . Tsk . Stupid idiot . " With that last remark , that man left . I stood there frozen . 

. . . . Stupid idiot ??

That bastard . I grabbed my cane and stormed out of the room , trying not to hit anything . 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Hello Mr . Hwang . How are you today ? " I politely asked while I was trying to buy some fruit at his fruit stand . 

" Oh hello Taeyeon ! I'm quite . How about you ? How's school ? " He said cheerily . 

" It's fine . I'm good also . " I replied shortly as I placed three oranges onto his weighing plate . 

" That'll be five dollars please . " 

" Here ya go . " I handed him the money and grabbed the oranges , then I was on my way home . 

I tapped my cane to make sure I was going the right way . This was the busiest part of Seoul . 

People talk ,shouting and running all over the place . Urgh , it gives me a headache . I sighed deeply . 

As I walking down the bustling street , I heard a fight going on . It seemed nasty . 

I heard random shouting of male voices and one screeching female . 

" Stop ! Please stop !! " The female voice begged desperately . The impact of punching and hitting one another echoed in my ears . 

" You ! Cheating on me with a wimp ! " That familiar voice roared . Perhaps it's the loud annoying guy that sits next to me . God . 

Sirens rung and car doors opened . 

" Sir ! Stop !!! " I heard some ruffling and huffing . 

Then all was more quiet without that guy . He's probably in the police car by now . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At The Police Station . 

" Oh my god . . I can't take this anymore !! " Dad yelled . I sat there in a cold metal chair with some scratches and bruises . I crossed my arms and slumped without a care in the world . 

" Stop complaining ! God I don't even know why you're here in the first place ! I'm a grown up man , I don't need you to come and interfere with my life ! " I yelled back .

" YOU - ! " 

" Sir ! " The police officer dude shouted over us . We diverted out attention on him . I glared at him . 

" I just spoke with Judge Lee and he's giving you two choices : Community service or jail . Pick wisely . " He smiled mockingly to me . I narrowed my eyes at him . 

" Community service thank you very much . " I glared at him again with lethal eyes . 

" For community service , you have to go down to the hospital and help out some patients okay ? " WHOA . WHAT. 

" What ?? Help out patients ? At what hospital ?? " I asked appalled that I have to help sick people . I don't wanna be around people that could die any minute . . . 

" At Seoul National Hospital . You got a problem ? " The cocky man asked with an attitude . I stood up and glared HARD at him . This of a man . . . . 

" Fine . I'll do it . But for how long ? " I asked through gritted teeth . 

" 3 months . " 

" WHAT ? 3 freakin' months ??!! " I exploded in his face . He cleared his throat and nodded . I clenched my fist and stormed out the station . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back the hospital .

Nurse Hyori left ten minutes ago after reading me my notes and helping me do my homework . I was singing . Haha . 

" I am fortunate to meet you ... I finally got things to do on the holidays  . . . " I hummed softly .  

" Me , who loved myself and liked being alone . . . " I paused and I heard the door open . 

I turned my head towards the door .

" Who is it ? " I called out . 

" Don't worry , it's just me Hyori . I have some news for you . " My ears perked up . I stood up from the chair I was sitting in by the window . 

" Come here . " Hyori took my hand and led me to sit down on my bed . 

" Is it bad news ?? " My head was in a panic . I pursed my lips , waiting for her to speak . 

" No of course not . Well there will be a person here tomorrow to take care of you . " She explained . I frowned . 

" Aw , why ? Why can't you take care of me ?? " I was sad because she was closest person that I would consider as family . She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed . 

" I'll be away for a bit . I have to go work at another hospital for 3 months then I'll come back okay ?? " She caressed my face softly .I let my head hang low for a bit . I sighed , accepting it . 

" Okay but I'll miss you ." I snatched her in a hug and embraced her firmly . 

" I'll miss you too . But don't fret . I'll be coming back . " She placed a little peck on my forehead before leaving . 

I stayed on the bed frozen and waited for the door to close . I'm sad now . 

She's like my second mom . I don't even remember my mom's face that well anymore . I sighed and decided to go to sleep . 
I changed into a big t shirt and shorts .

I pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes . 

Hopefully , the person tomorrow will be as kind as Nurse Hyori .