v - 박미영 - Incomplete

h a l f b l o o d s ☪ f a t e (d i s c o n t i n u e d)

Chapter V

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. I regretted shooting off my mouth earlier and if I wasn't careful, I'd end up as an arrow porcupine. 

"Cops and robbers?" I muttered under my breath, pantomining the conversation with the short blond girl earlier. "Of course I know cops and robbers. For what reason would I lose cops and robbers? It's such a kid's game. Me and my big mouth."

I ducked under another arrow, losing my breath. As it turned out, the cops and robbers from my childhood and the one they played here differed terribly. For one thing, there was only one cabin that was the cop and for another, there were no freeing the prisoners; at least not in this "long distance dodging version" we were currently playing.

And of course, I just had to piss off the head of the Apollo cabin - the cabin that was playing cop and "tagging" the other players with their bows and arrows - sharp bows and arrows.

A yelp tore from my lips as I ducked behind a tree, catching my breath for a moment. 

"Yo. Still using that shield?" a voice questioned from my left. I turned, eyes catching on bright blond hair and a cheery smile. I lifted the heavy shield on my arm, tossing it at her. 

"Go ahead," I stated, wishing for something worthwhile - like water. 

"Sweet. Thanks. Water?" she offered, tossing a water bottle towards me.

"Mind reader," I thanked, taking a swig greedily and crushing the bottle. An arrow appeared an inch from my head and I ran.

"So new kid, right? I'm Rho Jinae, daughter of Athena," she introduced, her long strides easily keeping up with me. "You go left and I'll go right. At least one of us'll survive hopefully."

"Hopefully," I agreed, watching her wink and dive right. I moved left, diving into the undergrowth and coming nose-to-nose with a familiar face. He put a hand over my mouth, putting a finger up to his own and winking.

Bushes rustled nearby. 

Something exploded.

"Ah this-Lee Sungyeol!" a familiar female voice shouted. The female I had mouthed off. "I'm going to kill you!"

-oOo-

Last Touched: 05 November 2014