Chapter 1

A Date With Eli

                Finally, I was 18 years old. A legal adult. I would have been more excited if I wasn’t working today. To make matters worse, almost everyone I served today was extremely rude. Perfect. Just perfect. I was 10000000% done… or so I thought. Before my shift was over, I saw this guy who I knew, but never really talked to. I thought he was kinda hot, even though I hardly knew the guy. All I knew was his name was Eli, he was some months older than me, and he was single.

                I smiled and walked up to where he was sitting. He looked up at me. Those deep brown eyes pierced my heart. They were the most gorgeous eyes I ever laid mine on. They were so captivating and seemed to tell a story. I got lost in them, as cheesy as it sounds. As beautiful as his eyes were, they had a sad look to them.

                “Hello sir, what can I get for you today?” I asked in a friendly manner.

                “Didn’t we go to school together?” He asked me. I nodded as I felt my heart race. He actually noticed me? SENPAI-- I mean, OPPA NOTICED ME?

                “You and I never really talked.” I replied.

                “I know… How about we change that?”

                “What?”

                “Hi, my name is Eli. And you’re _____ right?” He knew my name?

                “Yes... I’m _____… So.. how are you?”

                “I’m alright, and how about you?”

                “Ugh I am so done with today.” I answered.

                “Why?” I sighed at his question.

                “It’s my 18th birthday today. I had to work, and people today just . This entire day has just been bad. I just want the day to end as of now because nothing could make it better.”

                “Nothing?” He asked. I shook my head. “Well… when are you done for the day?”

                “In about 10 minutes, I am free to go. Why do you ask?” I noticed him smile, which made me smile. He was so cute.

                “How about after you’re done, we go somewhere for dinner? I’ll pay. I can pick you up from your house after you change and get yourself ready. Does it sound like a deal?” He offered. Was this even real life?

                “That would be nice.” I answered.

                “I have to drop Dongho off quickly, I hope you don’t mind. “ I looked at the younger teenage boy he was with. I wanted to pinch his little cheeks, but resisted the urge to.

“It’s alright. Hello there, Dongho.” I waved at him and he waved back shyly, not saying a word. I asked him how old he was and he said he was 15. He looked a lot younger than that to me. He was so baby-faced. Eli proceeded to drop off Dongho and we went on our date.

 

 

And that was where it started. Three years ago.

 

                Now Eli and I are both 21. Though our lives have changed since then, our relationship has not. We became really close over time and nothing has broken our bond. Both he and I just click. We are a perfect match. I couldn’t be happier.

                Tonight, Eli and I were going to dinner and then to walk along the beach shore as the sun sets. We didn’t want to do anything too fancy tonight. To this day, I still get excited when I get to be alone with him. Just Eli and I. We always have an amazing time, even if we are just sitting on his couch watching a movie. Being with him is enough to make me happy.

                I heard a knock on my door. I knew it was him. I checked my reflection one last time to make sure I looked alright and answered the door. He greeted me with his typical “Hi jagiya!”, a smile and a kiss on the cheek. He grabbed my hand and walked me to his car, opening the door for me like a gentleman. He looked so handsome, even if he was just in a pair of blue jeans, a white tee, and a jacket. I was wearing a purple dress with leggings. It was comfortable and looked nice in my opinion.

                We pulled up to the restaurant and sat in a section that was somewhat secluded. There were not many people there that night, so it was slightly more peaceful. Eli and I ordered quickly and began to chat.

                “Jagiya, you look beautiful in this lighting.” He chuckled.

                “What kind of compliment is that, Ellison?”

                “Ya! Don’t call me that, I hate it.” He scolded and I laughed. He half smiled and took my hand. “You really do look wonderful tonight, though.” I blushed at his compliment.

                “You look great too.” I giggled, looking into his deep eyes. The very eyes I fell in love with when I first saw them. For some time, we looked into each other’s eyes and said nothing. It was as if his eyes told me everything, and I wondered if he thought the same about mine. We were interrupted when the waiter came with our food and we ate, chatting casually. After we finished, we went to the car and drove to the beach. The sun was beginning to set. Eli and I sat under a tree and watched it set. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, resting his head on mine. He was so warm and cuddly. Plus, he smelled nice, which made being so close to him that much better.  He lightly my hair.

                “_____?”

                “Yeah?” I answered.

                “I love you.” He kissed the top of my head.

                “I love you too, Eli.” I tightened my hold on him. This moment was perfect. The sky was beautiful, I was with Eli, and we had a nice night. I wondered what could make it better. Could it be better? Sometimes simple moments like this can be so precious. How I feel is hard to describe, but I can say with total honestly like it. Out of nowhere, Eli’s phone rang.

                “Umm.. can you excuse me for a moment?” He asked me.

                “Go ahead, dear.” He stood up, answered it and walked off. I sighed and smiled to myself, drawing in the sand with my finger. I suddenly heard a noise. I assumed it was Eli sneaking up on me. My eyes were covered from behind.

                “Back so soon?” I asked. Eli didn’t answer. “Come on now, quit playing games.” I pulled his hands off my eyes and turned around, only to be shocked at what I saw.

                “Dongho?! What are you doing here?! Why are you dressed like that?!” I exclaimed. He was dressed like a bad boy. He had on ripped jeans, a leather jacket with studs, fingerless gloves, and dark, heavy looking boots. He even had accessories that made him look like he was in some biker gang. His black hair was in a little ponytail, which actually.... looked kinda cool.

                “Noona… I need to tell you something.” He looked nervous. He took a deep breath. “_____ noona… I like you. And I liked you since I laid eyes on you, but… I was a child and you were an adult and if I told you, it would be illegal for us to do anything anyway. But… Now that I am 18, I can tell you I like you and hope you like me too because… Look at me! I can be cute and I can be a bad boy like Eli, but I can do it better! Look at my hair it is so lush! And my cheeks! You cannot resist pinching them ever!  You know you love me! I’m irresistible! Please love me noona!” He confessed. I was speechless and did not know what to say to that.

                “How did you get here?!”

                “I climbed in Eli’s trunk.”

                “But aren’t you hungry?”

                “Noona, do you not know me? Of course I brought food!! I ate it while you and Eli were in the restaurant. Now please, noona, tell me you love me too.”

                “Dongho… You’re my baby bro… but… you’re giving me noona feels.”

                “GOOD. GREAT. LOOK AT ME DANCE.” He did a fierce dance, which was actually pretty good. Then he began rapping.

                “Bro, bro, bro… No. Stop. This is ridiculous.” I demanded.

                “What if I do aegyo?!”

                “DONGHO FOR THE LOVE OF—“

                “Buing buing noonaaaa!~” He made a cute expression.

                “WATER YOU DOING? 10000000% DONE. GET OUT DONGHO. OUT. YOU GIVE ME FEEEEELLLLLSSS!”

                “NO THIS IS WONDERFUL, NOONA.”

                “NO.”

                “YES.”

                “Dongho?”

                “Hyung?” He looked at Eli, surprised.

                “What are you doing?” He asked Dongho. I ran to Eli’s arms.

                “ELI IT WAS AWFUL HE WAS TRYING TO GIVE ME NOONA FEELS AND LOOK AT HIM. HE DID AEGYO WHILE DRESSED LIKE THAT. TELL THE LITTLE TO LEAVE.” I sobbed on Eli.

                “Dongho?” Eli asked again.

                “I’m sorry, hyung… She’s just so pretty and I like her. I will leave now.” He ran away crying, flailing as he did so.

                “Dongho, wait!” I called. He turned around with tears in his eyes telling me goodbye. Well then.