❝ one┊woorong.

❝ apiniteu — one-shots.┊newly opened.

▬ one.

requested by xia0bh. 

"No," Chorong repeated, fiddling with the mouse headband on her head.

Woohyun stifled a chuckle and stared, completely amused by his pouting girlfriend while a few teenagers behind them let out a groan of annoyance.

"Come on, I'll be here to protect you anyway. And maybe punch those ghosts," the animated male continued, side eyeing as a signal for his girlfriend to move forward.

"Nam Woohyun, you rea-"

"Ah, my girlfriend is so brave!" He continued, putting his hands on her shoulders and pushing her forward lightly.

Chorong sighed, unable to comprehend the amount of fear that was creeping up inside of her. Her heart beat had already been racing even before they took a step in to the haunted house, located at the heart of the amusement park. What left her more irritated was the fact that she had disagreed to her boyfriend's request but made their way towards it eventually. It was their tenth monthsary, and Woohyun had intended to spend it with his fun-loving girlfriend at the amusement park at Seoul. They had went through the inverter ride, roller coasters, free-fall towers, bumper cars in which Chorong had never failed to bump randomly into the railings and also water rafting that sent the both of them drenched from head to toe. It was quite a day well-spent and to wrap it up, Woohyun had suggested the haunted house.

"Let's head in," Woohyun exclaimed, just as soon as they got to the end of the queue.

The both of them stepped in, with Chorong heasitantly following behind. She gently tugged on the hem of Woohyun's shirt as the artificial smoke filled her nostrils and blinded her sight. She was unsure of where she was heading and all she did was to follow each and every step her boyfriend took. Plucking up a moment of hasty courage, Chorong peeked at her surroundings. The house was dimly lit, revealing the brick walls, with a few which were stained with blood, or rather paint.

"Please tell me this is going to end soon," the timid latter mumbled, tugging tighter onto her boyfriend's shirt like as if her life depended on it.

"Boo!" Woohyun teased, slowing his pace as he approached a cage-like structure.

Chorong shrieked, loosening her grip on Woohyun's shirt only to take a glimpse of the ghastly figure, draped in a blood-stained white dress appearing from right behind her. In less than a few minutes, Woohyun let out a cackle as he watched Chorong screaming her lungs out with the 'ghost' retreating to where she had appeared from earlier. 

"She's probably much more afraid of you, than you are of her." 

"Shut up." Chorong was at the verge of tears as she smacked her boyfriend on the back.

Woohyun chuckled again, this time, putting his arm around her shoulders as they heard yet another scream from one of the few teenagers coming from right behind them. As they ventured deeper, the house's light seemed to have grown darker, much to Chorong's displeasure. They were still far from the exit and Chorong was trying her very best to ignore the random grabbing of her foot as they passed wooden cabinets; the squeaking of doors they had to go into and the unnecessary slamming of windows.

"Are we there yet?" It was the tenth time that she had asked this question.

"Nope," he answered almost immediately, as he stared, bug-eyed at the realistic amputated hand hanging from the ceiling.

Walking further, Woohyun swore that he almost had a shock of his life when he saw a pair of eyes staring back at him when he stopped to look at one of the portraits hung on the brick walls. It was not long after when they reached the end of the house, which Chorong had thereby concluded that it was actually a maze of terror that she would not want to enter ever again in her life.

"I hate you, Nam Woohyun." Chorong muttered, squinting her eyes as the exit door automatically opened.

"I love you too, Park Chorong." He replied, pinching his girlfriend's cheek lightly as the evening sun basked in their skins.

"Wait, I think I dropped something. Let's head in agai-"

"No!"


031113 : A very short one-shot. Wow, that actually rhymes. I hope you would enjoyed reading this as much as I wrote it. I ain't really good at writing horror stuff so pardon me. On a side note, the author would like to say a big thank you to those who have subscribed and requested! Requests are now temporarily closed since I have two more stories to write, do leave down your comments as well! Once again, thank you!