First Part

LAST WORDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blinding red lights. Inaudible gossips of the crowd. Annoying siren of the ambulance.

I was awakened by a throbbing headache and bearable pain all throughout my body. I cautiously stood up from the cold solid ground fighting to gain my balance despite the pain I feel. I blinked my eyes several times adjusting to the bright lights of the place and took steps away from that chaos; away from the sad truth.

 

----------------------

I feel no pain. I was so full of energy, I feel like a baby. I surprisingly found myself walking towards the Namsan Tower, the place where I first met the girl of my dreams, Lee SoonKyu. And it pull back the memories.

 

(flashback)

September 22, 2010; Namsan Tower.

 

As an unattached 23 year old medical student, it is quite an eye catcher to keep roaming here in a place where usually only lovers would go. Blame it to our literature teacher, giving me such task. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be the subjects of the lovers’ eyes here. What so good about love anyways, to the point that my teacher asked me to go here and search for something about it. I walked around enduring the view of these lovers in their intimate state, if not laughing at them being so foolish in believing in such superstitious belief attached with these locks.

Why is everybody so fanatical with this so called love? As if it can fill my empty stomach in the future.

 

While I was making some mental comment about love and those lovers who are busy locking their pads, a certain lass captured my eyes. It wasn’t her looks (although she was absolutely gorgeous) that make me notice her but the fact that she was also alone. I told you being alone here gains much attention. I was curious about her that I took some few steps towards her, realizing that she was also doing what a typical lover do when they visit here. And take note alone. How ungrateful that her boyfriend didn’t even bother to accompany her to do this traditional lover’s thing.

 

“So silly. I bet your boyfriend doesn’t also believe in the magic these locks bring to lovers?” I scoffed as I came near her.

“Excuse me?” she stopped from what she is doing and turned to me, surprised to my sudden interruption.

“I said ‘Your boyfriend doesn’t also believe in the magic these locks bring?” I repeated.

“Oh. Actually he does.” She replied and went back to her business.

“Can I help you with that?” I offered seeing her having difficulties in securing the locks.

“Thanks.” She smiled.

Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.

Just then a foreign feeling struck me but I neglected it.

“If he does, why didn’t he bother to come with you?” I asked.

“You mean doing this?” she pointed at the locks. I nodded. “He can’t.”

“Why not?” I asked again to curious about her. I never been so interested with someone before but I just don’t know what is in her that I want to know her more. Even I just unintentionally met her minutes ago.

“Uhm—“ I saw the hesitant look flustered on her face.

“Oh, it’s okay, I’m sorry if I asked too many questions.”

“He was being hospitalized. He got a heart problem.” That saddens her expression.

“I’m so sorry for that.” I apologized for digging something that’s none of my business.

“Don’t be. It’s a blessing. You, what are you doing here alone?” she smiled again. Did I ever mention that her smile is something that can melt someone’s heart? I probably did not. I was just mesmerized with her smile. Another thing is I never meet someone who thinks having a sick boyfriend is a blessing. She was too optimistic to be able to think about it.

“Hello?” she snapped. Oh I was over thinking here.

“Sorry. I’m here for this! Assignment.” I said lifting the piece of paper in my hand.

“That’s why.” She smiled that was for the third time.

“Yeah,” I nodded awkwardly.” By the way, I’m Lee SungMin.” I held my hand towards her which she gladly accepted.

“Lee SoonKyu, but I go for Sunny.”

 

Dug.Dug.Dug.

 

Sunny, a name that suit her best. And from that day my insight about love began to fluctuate. 

(End of Flashback)

 

The day that I will never forget, when this tower casted the spell on me that I couldn’t help myself to keep going back here believing to see her again. And through time the magic of this place was never lost. Up until now it still possesses the magical aura that attracts lovers to put here the sign of their infinity love. It still continues on spreading the power of true love, instill to the hearts of each lovers who were paying visit here.

I watched the place, the lovers who were passing by with big smile on their faces. I want to remember this place forever, to include it to my blissful memories.

 

“It’s time to leave this place now. I still got a long journey.” I muttered and walked away from the place.

 

 

(Flashback)

May 10, 2011; Seoul National University Hospital

 

It’s been a year since I met that bubbly girl at the N Seoul Tower. And since then I kept on going back there hoping to see her again. But I got no luck cause since then I never met her again.

 

“Mr. Lee the doctor asked if you could check the patient in room 403.” said by one of the nurses in the front desk. Today was my first day of internship here at SNU hospital as a medical student and I’m still adjusting to the set-up.

“Okay!” I get the clipboard from her and went to that room.

“Song JoongKi.” I read the name of the patient. It is written here that he had been suffering from heart problems and had been going in and out in this hospital for two years. It must be hard for his love ones to see him in that situation.

“Room 403. Did I get it right?” I asked myself checking the details again. After making sure I got the right room I opened the door and saw that there is nobody in the room but him. It was quite spine-chilling doing it for the first time. Although all I have to do is to give him the medicine and check if there are some problems, it is still frightening. Doing it for real is far different from practical tests at school.

 

“Good morning sir,” he nodded in my greeting and helped him sit down. I gave him the medicine and asked if there is any problems and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter