Final

People can too

Drip! Drip! Drip! Kevin Woo opened his eyes. “What in the name of Hades is that?” Kevin thought to himself. “I hope the roof isn’t leaking” he said to his beagle Sadie. Kevin got up and looked around to figure out what that sound was. As he passed the kitchen sink in his tiny apartment in Seoul, South Korea the smell of salt filled his nose. It reminded him of the time he, Dongho, Eli, Kibum, and the rest of Ukiss went to the beach in Hungdae. It had been the middle of winter the water was practically freezing but it was the only time they got off from their jobs at NH Media the kpop company they worked for. They had been at the beach in parkas and beanies. Then the best part was that it started to rain soaking them to the bone. It rain so hard that they felt that they would be swept away. That was how Kevin felt right now like he was about to be swept away by the torrential rain. Kevin reached out to pet Sadie for comfort but realized she wasn’t there. That’s strange she usually follows me every where. Where could she be he thought to himself. Oh well she probably sleeping like I should be. He went and laid down. Sadie his hand as he was falling asleep. This happened again three more times. The fifth time he got up to see what the noise there was a loud BOOM!! Oh great the transformer blew. Kevin tripped over Sadie in the darkness and screamed at the top of his lungs. “Oh gosh Sadie it’s just you” he said as he tried to slow his heart beat.  In that instant Kevin remembered the freezing water at Hungdae and how Eli his best friend had jumped in to save Sadie from her impending doom when she had fallen of the pier into the ocean. I t gave him the courage to forage on. He had to find out what this was because his and Sadie’s well being could be in danger. Drip! Drip! Drip! The sound seemed to get louder as he got closer to the kitchen sink. He opened the cabinet bellow the sink and the salty smell hit him like a slap in the face. He realized the smell wasn’t ocean water. It was blood, Sadies blood. Sadie laid motionless on the shelf, as her blood dripped down. Drip! Drip! His stomach felt as if he had swallowed a bolder. “Then who was me?” He thought. Then he saw the note that lay next to her. It said: People can too.  Kevin heard a floor board creak behind him and whipped around to see a teenage girl with a bloody knife in her hand. She smiled wickedly and walked forward to kill him. Kevin did what any sensible person would have done. He screamed.