Chapter 4

Mistress

In the cantine, Young Do, Ae Cha, Bo Na, and Myungsoo are seen eating together. Although Jeguk is full of brutal, spoiled wealthy kids, these four heirs are by far the most wicked and harsh. They are not afraid in destroying anything or hurting anyone especially if they need something or want something desperately. They all sat in silence, quietly eating their food, as the rest of the school looked at them with fearful curiosity. Never, had they seen the four friends so separated or quite.

In the background the students murmur "Ya! what happened to them?"

"몰라요, mollayo, it’s been this way ever since Kim Tan returned!"

"아니요, aniyo, it's because of new money. I heard Young Do's interested in her."

"No way! What a player. What about Ae Cha? They were the closest thing to perfection! Have they been fighting?"

"Maybe their relationship has just been lies. Merger and Acquisitions. I even saw her crying yesterday! The most ruthless boy in school made the most ruthless girl in school cry."

"Chincha? She cried because of Young Do?

"I know what an ."

"Aigoo, and I also saw him walking around campus with Cha Eun Sang to."

"What the hell. I'll never understand the four of them or Yoo Rachel. Their lives are all so dramatic."

"I guess that's what they get for being so rich."

"Yeah, they all have so many secrets, Yoo Rachel is pretty angr-"

Ae Cha's had enough. Her fiance was not the monster they depicted him as. Yes, the four of them were having issues currently, but Young Do truly was the sweetest. The voices of the two girls were loud enough for everyone in South Korea to hear.Their nasally, high pitched voices of annoyance had finally pushed her to the breaking point. She slaps her chopsticks down with a loud bang and faces towards the two gossiping girls. The rest of her friends stare at her as she stands up and walk toward the two girls. 

With an unemotional stare she starts "Some people just can't seem to mind their own business."

The two girls can only turn around and gasp. Both of their faces turn pale white and anxiety fills their eyes. Ae Cha was a force to be reckoned with.

She continues to talk apathetically "A line is drawn so that people don't cross it. But apparently you two don’t know that. Both of your loudmouths will get you two into trouble. And that trouble right now, is me. You two girls are pretty but trash talking only makes you less attractive." She pauses for a second. " But if you do talk behind our backs, at least do it right. With voices so obnoxiously loud my ears were on the verge of dying. So please, stop." 

After the long monologue the people in the cantine are speechless, and Ae Cha walks back to her seat with a smirk, but suddenly stops, when she sees Cha Eun Sang walk in from the corner of her eye. However, Eun Sang was not alone, she was with Kim Tan. Not a single person misses the entrance of the two and as the two walk past the table of four friends, Young Do sticks out his leg and Eun Sang tumbles to the ground. She doesn’t have enough time to catch herself, and food comes flying off her tray and onto the floor.

In a dry, sarcastic and almost amusing tone "어떻게.Ottoke. New money, you should be more careful."

Eun Sang is still on her knees, crying from the embarrassment and hears the sharp voice of Kim Tan yell at Young Do.

Tan holds Young Do by the collar "너 미쳤어 Neo micheoseo? Don't think I didn’t see your leg. Do you want me to kill you already? Bastard, lay your dirty hands off of her."

"오모. Ommo, new money has her own pathetic little body guard now I see." Young Do replies as he grits his teeth. "But first get your dirty hands off my collar."

The two young men, continue to stare straight into each others eyes, until Rachel Yoo walks up to them and remarks "Kim Tan, let go of him before I tell the headmistress." Kim Tan feels immediate defeat upon hearing her words, but understands the consequences and lets go.

Young Do chuckles as he stretches his neck "Kim Tan, till dependant on your mother. I never had a mother growing up. I'm sure you know why.He pauses for a second and then turns towards Eun Sang "Ya, new money, I shall repay you by offering you to sit next to me right now."

Ae Cha is in disbelief. She clearly expressed her feelings of fustration to him yesterday, and yet he still invites Eun Sang to sit next to him? Her astonishment is clearly written across her face, and the feeling of doubt sinks into her. It was scarily unpleasant how quickly she was forgotten. Just last week, Young Do was still holding her closely in his arms. Just last week she was dozing off into his embrace. And just last week they were telling each other how much they loved each other. Just last week. More than anything, Ae Cha was baffled by Cha Eun Sang. 

A few moments later, the four friends are joined by a terrified Eun Sang. She had no choice in whether she wanted to sit with Young Do or not. He knew her secret, and that secret had to be hidden. Bo Na is disgusted and leaves promptly upon Eun Sangs arrival and Myung Soo follows her. 

Eun Sang glances towards Ae Cha's direction and see's the young woman looking out a window "정말 미안해. Jeongmal mianhae, for disrupting your lun-"

"Save it. 시끄러워. Be quite. You've done enough already." Ae Cha responds, while still looking out a window. 

"Ae Cha, where have your manners gone?" Young Do jokingly pokes at her. 

"You be quite to. I don't feel like joking right now. I don't feel like laughing either. Choi Young Do, we're in a realtionship, remember that. Meet me in the restaurant at you're hotel at 8:00 tomorrow night. It's a date. Be on time. Wear something nice." 

Without even letting him respond, Ae Cha stands up, bows at Eun Sang politley and leaves.