Dal niente

RIGHT NOW ('Futureless')

An elegant hand stretches outwards and presses firmly against the thick, cold wood of the door. A foot extends to meet the carpet surrounding the entrance to the underground club.

The entire place throbs with a vibrant atmosphere, its deafening music sending currents of strong vibrations thundering across the floor and the colourful lights of the stage flaring left and right with a blinding brightness, highlighting the energy of the clubbers dancing tirelessly in the middle of the room. They display an eclectic mix of people, from model-like, Givenchy-clad girls to grimy, sweaty men, all swaying as if hypnotised by the beat.

Gasps of ‘Kim Hyuna!’ radiate all around.

With the hundreds of Swarovski crystals on her coal-black Lanvin pumps glinting in the flickering spotlights and her custom made black Balmain dress accentuating each alluring swish of her hips, she attracts attention immediately -- and that's exactly what she was built for. The pristine bottle of Malartic Lagraviere 1957 she swings precariously in her right hand and the charming smile on her face only adds to that image of pure glamour, making sure that every eye in the area is glued to her.

Touchscreens get clicking.

Her sharp eyes scans the crowd rapidly with a single face in mind, but instead of finding him bouncing in time to the techno track blasting throughout the room, she locates her target of a man lounging relaxedly in a leather booth, a shot of vodka in one hand and tens more bottles of various alcohols strewn across the table in front of him. Surrounded by girls, he seems oblivious to the nervous whispers of a certain socialite, rumour and scandal clouding the heavy techno filling the air.

Her hands curl into tight fists of their own accord. Her calves tremble with angry anticipation, beyond ready to march her way over there and dig her six inch heels through the bones of his feet.

But there’s no need for that, Hyuna tells herself calmly, noting a teenager secretly snapping away on her Samsung phone in her peripheral vision. No need to play the crazy ex. With a slap of her hand, she sends the device smashing into the ground, shattering plastic pieces everywhere. She shoots the seething girl with one of her well-practised, dazzling smiles before giving the man in the corner one last glance. I’ll make him come to me and beg.

Deflecting her attention to the bartender cleaning beer mugs close by, she places the large bottle of vintage wine on the chilly marble top and asks for him to open it for her, watching as he pops open the cork and pours the deep red liquid into a glass.

"Could you serve a few to the men at that table on my left for me, too?" she inquires, leaning close to him to ensure he gets her instructions clearly. The bartender nods and then proceeds to prepare half a dozen more glasses of the expensive, rare drink.

Her eyes focus on the intense rouge of the wine she has swirling around in the sparkling glass, a cyclone of red in a crystalline open sphere moving with a swish and punctuated with a bright clink of her diamond ring, as her ears concentrate on the scene behind her.

Shuffling feet. Muffled voices. A pause. Then the sharp tinkle of glass.

Her own triumphant smirk proves louder than the electro beats spilling out into the room floor.

An arm wraps around her slim waist from behind but she doesn't shift from her spot nor flinch in any way. A warm body leans lightly into her as a mouth moves sultrily beside her ear, fanning hot breath into her delicate skin.

"Nice to meet you."

Unfazed, she lifts the goblet and lets a little wine glide into before turning around to face the person. Her dark eyes twinkle with a hint of knowing, watching him stumble backwards a step, coloured rays from the spotlights above them skittering across his expression of surprise. His lips involuntarily mouth a curse. Nice to meet you too, she thinks sarcastically. Her lips skate into a glamorous smile, and she steps off the stool with another sip of the drink, right hand slowly smoothing across the bartop only to meet the cold glass of the half-empty bottle of wine.

Her hand grips the neck of the bottle and swings it upwards.

Bingo, baby.


WRITER'S NOTE:

This is only a quarter of the first chapter~ the rest are still in progress, still going through some editing but should be up soon. Just consider this a teaser? ;)

I'll be right back. So give feedback in the comments below, if you have any constructive criticism regarding grammar/writing style/description, etc. feel free to post them up.

Thanks! :)

x Navy