Dead Flower

Dead Flower

 

He sent me flowers on a regular basis.

 

I never got to see a dry one because I always got a fresh one before that happened.

 

There was always a note attached to them.

 

You look beautiful today.

 

Sorry if I’m too shy to speak to you.

 

I think I'm falling for you.

 

I think I love you Jaejoongie~

 

I never got to see a dry flower…

 

But one day, when I came back from school, right when I opened my apartment’s door, I saw how one petal fell and I gasped…

 

That day I cried myself to sleep…

 

For the next days I waited for the fresh and colorful flower to appeared laying on my threshold, with each passing day the hole in my heart got bigger and the petals of the last flower fell.

 

One by one, just as the pieces of my heart.

 

I never met him.

 

How did I know it was a him? He told me in a note.

 

Just for you to know, my name is Yunho, Jung Yunho.

Yunho, I can’t believe I fell in love with you just by the fact that you send me flowers.

 

I tried asking for him in my school but nobody knew him, so I gave up on searching.

 

Ever since the dead flower I’ve been depressed, any of my friends told me that my beautiful paleness turned into one sick purplish pale, the pale of a dead man.

 

I kept on waiting, the dead dry flower remained on its spot, flies flew around it and even bugs began to eat it, but I didn’t want to throw it away, it was too special to be thrown away.

 

After three months of waiting and crying silently I finally gave up; they say people come and go, but Yunho was special and I loved him deeply.

 

How is it possible? You ask?

 

I don’t know, the mystery made me fall in love, the sweet honey-dripping messages made me fall in love, my stupid love-sick attention-craver of a heart that I have made me fall in love.

 

One day, a day that I decided to not attend to school, there was a knock on my door, I looked at my clock and shook my head, it was too early for my friends to be out of school and well I didn’t have any family to come and visit, my parents died long ago.

 

I stood from my living room’s couch and opened the door, a man with a charming smile and deep brown eyes was before me with a flower in hand, I gasped as he approached me and kissed me deeply, sudden warmth replace the cold in my life.

 

He parted away and with the most perfect velvet-like voice whispered against my lips.

“I’m here to replace the flowers forever, Jaejoongie~"