91' Gathering

Don't Forget

It was early in the morning when the girls got up to go to the salon. Getting their hair and make up done took quite a while and they had other schedules to attend to right after. It was definitely going to be a busy day.

Nicole was on her phone typing away at a text for Jinwoon. Hey, are you free on Wednesday night? I thought maybe we should have a midnight snack together or something. She pressed the send button and placed the phone on her lap, looking up at her own reflection.

She glanced over at Hara through the mirror as she sat patiently in her chair while the stylist worked with the straightener. Hara looked up from the magazine she was reading while her hair was being curled, and caught Nicole's eye. “What?”

Nicole glanced around through her peripheral vision to check if their manager was around. She whispered quietly, “Let's sneak out on Wednesday night.”

“Huh?” Hara asked, not hearing her properly.

“I said, let's sneak out on Wednesday night,” she whispered louder.

“Can you please just say it out loud?”

“She said, let's sneak out on Wednesday night,” Nicole's hairstylist answered for her.

“Unni!” Nicole gasped, quickly turning about to check if anyone else heard. Her stylist shrugged and held onto Nicole's head so she would stop moving around while she was trying to straighten her hair.

“Are you serious?” Hara asked with a raised brow, “What for?”

“I thought maybe we could go eat together with Jinwoon and Key? Just like a '91 people thing.”

“Manager-oppa is going to be mad if he finds out we snuck out though,” Hara said, not wanting to think about about how much trouble they would be in.

“Please? It's not like it's the first time sneaking out for you,” Nicole said with a knowing smile. Hara snuck out plenty of times to go eat with 2PM's Wooyoung and Big Bang's Seungri since they were friends since school.

Hara sighed, “Fine.”

Nicole's phone vibrated on her lap.

1 New Message: Jinwoon

Sure thing ^^

Where do you want to meet?

-Jinwoon

Nicole clutched her phone tightly, smiling so big that her eyes became thin lines. This was going to be great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ready?” Nicole whispered to Hara as she tied her hair into a pony tail and pulled on a baseball cap. Hara tied her hair into a high bun and wore thick framed glasses as well as a mask to cover the lower half of her face. Hara nodded. “Kay let's go.”

“Don't get caught,” Gyuri warned the two of them as they passed her in the living room. Whenever any of the girls wanted to sneak out, they had to let the rest of the members know for a heads up and to help them cover if anything.

The two waved at their unni and disappeared behind the door, closing it as quietly as possible because their manager lived in the unit beside them. They tip-toed their way to the elevator and waited impatiently for it to come, looking around every few seconds to make sure no one was leaving their house. As soon as the elevator opened, they jumped in and pressed furiously at the close button. When the door shut completely, they let out a sigh of relief. So far so good.

Just as they got to the bus stop, the bus pulled in and they got on, keeping their heads low to prevent making eye contact with anyone on the bus even though it was almost empty. They got off after several stops and walked towards the side stand restaurant. They sat down on the wooden stools by a matching rectangular table. These side stand restaurants were not fancy of course and the tables and stools were quite worn. That didn't make the food taste any less better though and places like these were perfect for celebrities to eat at together since they were opened till really late and by then, not much people are around.

Nicole picked at the wood chipping off the edges of the table before someone else took a seat down beside her. She looked up and beamed brightly at the sight of Key.

“Hey,” he greeted the two of them, nodding at Hara. She also said her hello and smiled awkwardly at him.

“Where's Jinwoon?” Key asked, reading over the crumpled menu.

“He should be here soon,” she said, pulling out her phone to check if he texted. She looked around and spotted immediately the tall figure jogging over to them. She could recognize that smile of his anywhere. She waved at him excitedly and whispered loudly, “Jinwoon!”

He smiled so big his eyes looked as though they were closed. “Cola!”

Key stiffened. Cola? What? That's what he called Nicole. How can this guy just come and start calling her that as though he knew her all his life. He gave Jinwoon a look over before pretending to be busy texting someone on his phone.

“Anyeonghaseyo!” Jinwoon said to Hara and Key as he took a seat between Hara and Key. Hara smiled and greeted him back while Key simply said a “hi”. Jinwoon had a feeling that Key didn't like him already. But he pushed away those thoughts and continued to smile happily for Nicole. If she wanted him to meet her friends, he should be nice to them even if they didn't like him.

“Did you guys eat yet?” Nicole asked Key and him.

“Nope,” Jinwoon answered, while Key shook his head.

“Great! We didn't eat yet either! Let's order a lot,” Nicole chirped, handing Jinwoon the menu to look at. “What do you guys want to eat?”

“I'm good with anything. Key-sshi, what do you want to eat?” Jinwoon said, trying to be friendly.

Key took a look at the menu and waved it off with a look of disinterest. “Whatever's good. You guys can pick.”

“Since you guys can't decide, we'll do it,” Hara said, taking the menu and sharing it with Nicole. Nicole's mouth was watering just from reading the dish names. While her and Hara were thinking about the food, Jinwoon and Key were sitting there without talking. Jinwoon looked over at Key who had his arm propped up on the table and was examining his nails, not even looking at him once.

When Hara and Nicole had decided what they were going to eat, Hara scribbled down the dishes on a piece of paper and handed it to the older lady working there. Nicole was smiling to herself as she looked around the table. She noticed Jinwoon flipping open his phone and checking his phone continuously and asked, “Jinwoon-sshi, do you have to go back at a certain time?”

“Oh, no,” he said, shoving his phone into his pocket. What they didn't know was that playing with his phone was a habit of his whenever he was nervous about something.

After a bit of silence, Nicole frowned. “What's wrong with you two?” she said looking at Key and Hara. She knew Jinwoon was a shy guy but Hara and Key are loud outgoing people who easily made friends.

“What do you want us to say? It's awkward,” Key said bluntly.

Nicole rolled her eyes, “Well I don't know!”

“Does Jokwon dance around back at the dorm like that all the time?” Hara suddenly asked Jinwoon.

A bit taken back, Jinwoon stuttered, “S-sometimes.”

“He's so funny!” Hara laughed, thinking back to when they filmed together.

“No it's not! Oh my gosh! When I'm trying to read, he'll just jump into my room and start dancing out of the blue. I feel embarrassed just watching,” Jinwoon laughed, covering his face.

“You should go learn from him! And then you can show him how you dance at home too,” Nicole laughed, nudging Hara lightly.

“Yah!” Hara blushed slightly.

“He even has a list of rules you have to obey! It's ridiculous. He's such a diva.”

“He sounds just like Key,” Nicole teased, trying to get Key involved in the situation.

He laughed in disbelief, “Yah, Nicole. Are you saying I'm a diva too?”

“Yes,” she said, sticking her tongue out at him, “Remember the time when we went to karaoke and you knew almost all the girl group dances?”

“Can you imagine, Key and Jokwon having a dance battle?” Hara said to Jinwoon and the two of them just began giggling together.

“I can dance better than the two of you put together,” Key huffed.

Nicole laughed nervously and kicked him lightly under the table. Hara smirked, “Is that a challenge?”

“I'll take you guys on any day,” Key said with the same smirk on his face.

“Actually, I can't dance,” Jinwoon said, laughing sheepishly.

“That's why you're in a ballad group aren't you?” Key smiled sweetly, although Nicole knew he meant the opposite.

Just then, the food arrived, and Nicole almost jumped out of the seat to kiss the lady for interrupting the awkward tension.

“Stop being mean,” Nicole whispered to Key.

“I'm not,” Key leaned over towards her and whispered through his grin.

The rest of the dinner continued with Hara and Jinwoon talking together most of them time while Nicole tried her best to restrain Key from making any rude remarks towards either of them. Mainly towards Jinwoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yah! Kim Kibum! Did you really have to be that mean to Jinwoon today?” Nicole said angrily on the phone.

Key laughed, partly because she sounded adorable when she was mad and because he had succeeded on being a to Jinwoon. “Hey, you know that's how I am.”

“You could've been nicer to him though since you guys just met,” she huffed.

“I'm not going to pretend to be an overly nice guy to be friends with him if he can't deal with the real side of me.”

“Which is being rude,” she added for him.

“You're the one who wanted me to meet the two of them and I did, what do you want me to do?” Key said, rolling his eyes on the other end of the phone.

“Well if you don't even want to be friends with them, you should've just said so!” she said, almost pulling her hair off in frustration.

Key laughed again, imagining how her face bloats up when she makes her little angry face. “Okay okay! Stop being so mad! I won't be mean the next time I see them.”

“You promise?”

“No,” he snorted, “But I'll try to be nice. Or just avoid conversation.”

“Fine,” she sighed in defeat, knowing that no one could make Key do anything he didn't want to do. She yawned.

“Go to bed. You're going to get eye bags and look ugly.”

“Okay umma,” she giggled. She liked that side to him. She liked it when he nagged her to do something because it was always for her own good. He would be mean to her but underneath those hard words, they were all out of care. And she loved how she was the only one who he treated like this. He was like her brother, best-friend and lover.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Really short chapter which took me extremely long to update with. Sorry about that. Writers block as I mentioned before. I really miss the NiKey interactions. ;____; I'm excited for Kara's new single releasing soon though! Hope all Shawol fans are doing okay with the Jonghyun news. I don't even know if it's real or not anymore from all the other things I've been reading about the couple. Wish for the best! And remember to comment! :)