A New Friend

Don't Forget

That day, the girls were filming for Idol Army and the guests that week just so happened to be 2AM. The four boys were from JYP and every single one of them were amazing singers. Like everyone else, the girls would've never thought these four were good at singing just by looking at them.

Jokwon could be a comedian if really wanted to be. Everything he did made the girls laugh. He was the clown in the group which was why he fit so well with Hara. She also was the one in the group who liked to fool around. Seulong was a bit of a naggy mother. Somewhat similar to Goddess Gyuri right? Changmin was the oldest in the group and wasn't the best looking idol out there either. He reminded the girls of Mc Mong. No one would've thought that Jiyoung would be his favourite member. There was a large between them after all but Jiyoung didn't mind. He was a nice oppa. Sadly, Seungyeon was stuck with Jinwoon.

She hadn't expected for both Jinwoon and Nicole to both yell out “Freeze!” when she was going to tag Jinwoon to be her partner. She wasn't surprised that Nicole would yell out “Freeze!” since the girls all knew that the girls tended to be free for all when it came to coupling. Especially after last time when Nicole had stole Sungmin away from Jiyoung while on the Idol Show with Super Junior.

But Jinwoon? Didn't he give her the eye contact when it was his turn to dance. He even stood in front of her and said “Please stamp me!” 

But she did see them talking during the break though and perhaps they had gotten to know each other better then? Whatever it was, she didn't really care; just curious. 

She actually felt happy that the two of them became partners. They were both the same age and got to know each other better through the filming of the show. Jinwoon was a nice polite guy and Nicole needed someone like that. Seungyeon watched the two happily as they moved onto the quiz part of the show.

Nicole hammered away at the balloon, forgetting that she was missing and hitting Jinwoon's head half the time. The only thing she was thinking about right now was the steak. The last time she had steak was back when she was in America. She missed the steak her mother used to always make for her.

Jinwoon who knew nothing about this girl besides the fact they were the same age, was a bit taken back by how violent she was. He wasn't used to such an outgoing girl. Perhaps it was because she was from America. There wasn't a thick wall between males and females like Korea. 

The entire time, he was thinking, 'She's insane. I'm going to die like this.' It didn't mean he wasn't having fun though.

“Are you okay, Jinwoon-sshi?” Boom asked him.

“Of course not!” he erupted, jokingly. Sadly, when she answered, she was wrong again.

Just as she was about to take another swing at the balloon, he grabbed the balloon and stood up abruptly, pretending to be angry, “Stop hitting my head!” 

“Come on!” she whined ,grabbing his arm and pushing him back gently to sit down. Laughing with disbelief, he sat back down for her to continue hitting his head with the toy hammer. Before she could even pop the balloon, Jiyoung answered the question correctly. 

Jinwoon didn't know if it was because of her outgoing personality that rubbed off on her or not but he felt comfortable enough to reach for her neck as though he was choking her. He wasn't the type of guy who would usually joke around about choking a girl. Something about her made him feel... comfortable? Like he was fooling around with a younger sister. They even had the same sense of humor.

When the steak was served to Gyuri and Seulong, everyone crowded around the food, drool dripping from their mouths. Jinwoon noticed this and decided to step back and sit back down, “We have to keep our pride.”

Nicole who had noticed her partner backing up, had also taken a seat. When she turned and laughed at his comment, Jinwoon realized that what he said was funny and laughed with her. Only she would laugh at something like that.

At the end of the filming, the staff members and the KARA girls invited 2AM to join them for dinner to celebrate for the last filming of this season's Idol Army. Since it was quite late already, they were able to find an empty restaurant to eat at. They couldn't all sit together and sat at tables of 8. KARA sat with their manager and a couple of their stylists unnis. The 2AM boys sat at the table across the room from the girls with their manager and some of the camera men. 

“Can I get everyone's attention please?” The PD yelled, with the girls standing beside him. 

When the room silenced, Gyuri began to speak, “Thank you for taking care of us during all those filmings. Thank you for all the hard work. This really helped publicize KARA and not all groups have this opportunity so thank you very much.”

The girls gave a bow to everyone in the room as everyone began to clap and cheer. They began to tear up, feeling sad that this was really the end. Resting a comforting hand on Seungyeon's shoulder, the PD held up his cup in his other hand, “It was really nice working with you girls and we really hope you guys continue to do well in the future. Cheers for KARA!”

Everyone applauded as the girls smiled and returned to their seats. The dinner resuming once again. When the girls were full and just sitting waiting for everyone else to finish, Nicole felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head and found Jinwoon smiling so big at her that she could barely see his eyes. 

“Hello!” she said in a chirpy American like way.

“I was just wondering...” he said nervously. It wasn't everyday that he asked girls for their number. Nicole tilted her head to the side questionably, waiting for him to finish. She noticed how he was holding onto his phone so tightly and understood what he was asking.

“Oh! Yeah, sure!” she said, taking his phone from his hand and punching in her digits. She pulled out her phone too and handed it to Jinwoon for his number. Seungyeon who was watching, nudged Hara with her elbow gently. 

“What?” Hara asked, and then realized what Seungyeon was grinning at. The two began to stare hard at Nicole and Jinwoon, purposely making it obvious that they were acting strange. 

“Here you go!” Nicole smiled, handing him back his phone. He took his phone happily, stopping when he noticed how Seungyeon and Hara had been watching them the entire time. Jinwoon blushed and just smiled before quickly turning and returning back to his table. Nicole turned back to her food, still unaware of the girls across from her until she looked up. “What?”

“Jinwoon's a nice guy,” Seungyeon said casually.

“And he's tall. Didn't you say you liked tall guys?” Hara winked at Nicole. 

Trying not to blush at her members teasing, she simply stuck her tongue out at them and went back to eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, she decided to call Key. They tried to call each other as much as possible but it was hard for Key because of how popular SHINee has been since their debut. She thought he should know about Jinwoon though. Key was the first guy Nicole has liked after all and she thought he should know about how the girls were teasing her about Jinwoon. 

“Aren't you tired? I thought you just finished filming Idol Army,” Key said, not wanting her to purposely stay up to talk to him on the phone. She had told him yesterday she would be filming today and he knew how long and tiring filmings for variety shows were. 

“Yeah but I just wanted to call you,” she said, laying on her bed. The girls were in the living room watching television together and Nicole liked this time to call him. “Are you sleeping soon?”

“No,” he told her, sitting on the couch and flicking through the channels. “What's up?”

“We did a filming with 2AM today,” she told him, rolling over to face the wall.

“Oh? How was it?” he asked, half of his attention was focused on pushing Jonghyun away who was trying to listen in. 

“It was good. I got to know Jinwoon-sshi more. He's really nice,” she said, a bit curious as to what Key's reaction was like.

Key paused at the mention of another boy's name. Nicole talked about Minhwa before, and Sungmin too but something about her voice told him that this was different. That maybe this Jinwoon is a threat to his relationship with Nicole after all. Not wanting to be disrupted by his fellow member, he went into their bedroom, locking the door behind him. It was a good thing they had a lock on the door. He already made it clear to them that he didn't like it when they tried to listen in on his phone calls.

“He's the same age as us too!” Nicole added when Key didn't say anything. 

“Oh really?” Key said, trying to keep his voice even. He didn't want Nicole thinking he was some sort of possessive short-tempered child who didn't know how to keep his feelings in check. It was him who had proposed to start off fresh in the first place.

“He's really polite and it would be so cool if the three of us became good friends. We could start our own '91 line with Hara too!” Nicole said excitedly. Hara and her have grown a lot closer from the beginning and their age had a lot to do with it.

“Yeah, maybe we should go out for dinner sometime,” he said. He hadn't actually had the chance to talk to Hara before even though Nicole talks about her all the time. 

“Dinner? Is your manager going to let you?” she asked, knowing how strict their managers were. They had just finished their debut promotions and any mess ups right now was not-acceptable. They were already working on their second single. 

Key frowned, knowing how Nicole would get upset sometimes when Key cancelled on her because some last minute schedule popped up or because he couldn't sneak out of the dorm. “I'm sure he won't mind as long as we hide ourselves well.”

“You're Key now. Not Kim Kibum,” she said with a sad smile, thinking back to the times when they would go to the movies together and how he would sometimes take her out for a midnight snack when they ended training around the same time.

Feeling determined to prove to her that he was the same person, he said, “Let's go Wednesday night, okay?”

“I need to ask Jinwoon and Hara to see if they can. Are you sure you won't get in trouble though?” Nicole didn't want Key to get in trouble because of her.

“Yeah, don't worry about it. I promise I'll sneak out for sure, okay?” Once he promised something, he wouldn't go back on it and Nicole knew that. 

“Okay,” she was still a bit unsure as to whether this was such a good idea or not. She did miss seeing him but if Key got in trouble because of her, she would feel even worse. Before the two could say anything else, the door opened and Hara hopped in with Jiyoung.

“Unni, Gyuri unni said we have to sleep now,” Jiyoung told her. 

“Oh alright,” she said, even though she wanted to talk to Key longer, “I have to go now. I'll talk to you later.”

“Alright, good night,” he said, disappointed.

“Good night,” she said before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note: JINWOON APPEARS! I was actually planning on dropping this but after reading the comments and seeing how everyone loves this story so much, I decided to continue! ^^ I changed the pm list btw. From now on, if you'd like a pm, you have to comment on the previous chapter. This is so I know who's actually reading and who's not. :P Also because I like comments. kekeke. I have an idea on what i want to write for the next chapter so hopefully I'll update before November. :P