The Dreadful Event

The Story of Fate and Love

 

Before class started, Jinyoung approached me with a mock punch.

“Yah! Hyung! You’re almost at the top of the class. What’s your secret? Huh? Huh?” He said, leaning closer.

“Go away, Jinyoung!” I laughed. “Aigoo! Come on, hyung! You can trust me!” he persisted.

After much coaxing, even threatening. I gave up; he’s my best friend anyway.

“Okay, okay. I’ll tell. Su-ah and I are together.” I proudly said.

He just stood there, with incredulous eyes. “I know it’s ridiculous, but I love her, man. Stop giving me that look, I’ve had enough of that from everyone.” I said.

But, he just looked at me. First, it was disbelief, then it was mockery and then horror was seen in his eyes. After some other expression, he spoke.

“Hyung.” He stared with eyes mixed with horror and pity.

I looked at him.

“Woo Su-ah is brain-dead in the hospital for 8 months already.”  He said with no expressions.

“Yah! Stop joking around!” I tried to laugh but Jinyoung shook his head. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Hyung! I’m not joking! It’s true!” He gets a grip on my shoulders and shook me.

Now it’s all coming to me now. The reason why her name was always labeled absent, those glances I received from other people, that cold aura I always feel when I with her.

I felt numb. The whole world stopped. I had to go to the hospital.

Running, for two straight hours. My legs are numb, my vision was blurry and every single bone in my body aches. But what hurts the most is what I’m feeling inside my heart. I do still not believe she’s dead. No, she can’t be.

I was finally there, outside her room. I see her; life support was attached all over her body. I can tell she’s in pain right now. And seeing her like this make my heart crushed into million of pieces.

Now I know why she told me she was scared to lose me. Now I’m the who’s scared. I don’t want to lose her. I need her. I love her. There’s still a glint of hope, I know she’ll survived. I just know everything will be alright.

Raindrops, concealing with real tears. The nurse let me inside her room. I slowly walked towards the hospital bed. I knelt and held her hand. It was really soft more than what I expected. I held it tightly and I will never let it go.

“Su-ah.  I don’t understand what just happened. I met you and it’s actually your soul. But it doesn’t matter anymore. It’s still you, and I still love you. Didn’t I tell you we’ll be forever, right? And I will keep that promise to you.” I put her hands on my face so that I can feel her.

“Fate really brought us together.” Tears rolled down my face. “I’m still grateful I met and love you. You are my own, Su-ah.” I said those words from the bottom of my heart.

Just then cold wind crawled down my spine. “Sandeul-ah.” That voice. It’s her.

“Su-ah?" I looked up. I saw her angelic and beautiful face.

“Mianhae.” She said. “I have to leave you know. It’s for the better. Thank you for the great memories we shared together. Thank you for your love and affection. And I thank God I met and love you, and I always will be.” She said.

“I just can’t hold on. I can’t fight the pain. I need to rest.” She said. I don’t want her to go but I don’t want her to be in so much pain either.

“Su-ah.” I whispered. “Go on and live, my Sandeul. I always love you and forever will be. I know, soon we’ll see each other but you need to move on. You are right, fate and love brought us together, but fate always separated us. Don’t worry; I’ll always be by your side, my Sandeul-ah.” She smiled.

 The smiles that always make my heart flutter; I will never forget that smile. “I love you, Su-ah.” I said for the last time before she leaves.

“I love you too my Sandeul, you’re my own.” With that she’s gone.

A hand touched my shoulder. “Son, we had to take her life support away. It’s better she rest.

She’s totally gone. My Su-ah, my girl, my everything.

Fate really brought us together, but I guessed it brought us in a wrong time.  Still, my feelings for her will never change.

Goodbye, my Su-ah. I’ll see you again soon.

 

--

News report:

 

A young woman was hit by a car 8 months ago while hurrying to her university causing a major damage and injuries.

Witnesses say that she was late for an appointment with a young transferee student from California.

It was said that the transferee never attended the appointment either.

The two never met.

The young woman was taken off her life support last night in the hospital.

The transferee student was said to be there beside her.

 

-----------------------------------------

So? How was it? Comments please :) My classmates said it was like 49 days, a KDrama, but I swear, I don't know that drama and i haven't watch it. Hehehehe. :D 

 

 

See you again, next time! I'll update "MGBFTIWTBMBF" that time. :D