It All Happens

The Story of Fate and Love

 

My eyes were drawling the white walls of the silent classroom while the teacher’s lecture was unheard of.

School to me is like a prison. No, scratch that. It is an asylum overflowing with mean, uncaring and ignorant people just like me.

Well, I wouldn’t really call myself mean and uncaring, ignorant yes, but not mean.

Once again, these white walls are the only interesting object in this very room. The boredom kills.

Everyone simultaneously stood up when the bell begun ringing leaving me alone in this room to stare at nothing.

I’m actually an odd kid out. And they call me, “the lone wolf”. I may be lone, but I’m still a wolf.

“Sandeul?” Mrs. Parker, my homeroom teacher called. She looks strict but she is entirely friendly.

“Yes, ma’am?” I answered.

“You are asked to transfer school. Your parents already knew about this and they agreed.” She said.

I can’t find the words to say. I can’t even speak nor let out a single eloquent sound.

“T-to where?” It takes a lot of effort to give away a word.

“To Korea.” There were still words coming out of but it didn’t quite lodge themselves in my mind. Korea? It’s my hometown, I know. But my mom only gave me birth there then after that we already moved here.

How would I know what it looks like? In my head, an image of a secluded tribal village deep within the heart of the Amazon Jungle with half- people dressed in tattered rags, dancing around a campfire chanting indistinguishable verses.

“You’ll love it there, it’s like California too. People there are nice too.” She assumed.

Yeah, like roasting me alive in the fire for the next feast to honor their god.

When I got home, I tried to research about this country. It wasn’t bad after all, or maybe Google is just lying to me.

The day came when I would enter this foreign school in a new country. Good thing I found an old friend.

His name is Jinyoung.  He was a family friend. I didn’t know he was here too.

I remembered that I was supposed to meet up with my school buddy. She’s the one to tour me around the school but this is similar to my old school so it wouldn’t hurt to miss the appointment.

So while wandering around, I came upon my class.

“Class, listen! We have a transferee student and he’s from California.” The teacher has a very crispy. I’m very sure the language used is not English, but it was sort of funny.

With the name of my previous hometown, people begun whispering and I could hear the girls say, “OMG”.

“An-nyeong-ha-sae-yo. I’m Sandeul.” I tried to speak their native language, but obviously it failed.

But then everyone began to clap like I did the most amazing thing.

For my second day at school, I wandered around. While I was walking, I came upon the place where I was supposed to meet my school buddy again, but she wasn’t there. Maybe she’s in class.

I got back in class and when I enter, the air conditioner was off. And gosh, the temperature today was very hot. I went to cool down by the air con. Darn. It’s off.

Just then, a cold gust of icy, hair-raising wind came crawling down my spine sending shivers all throughout my body.

“Hey! You’re the new kid right.” A voice said that made me jump. She wasn’t there awhile ago.

“Uh… Yeah, and you are?” I asked. Gosh she’s pretty.

“Su-ah. Woo Su-ah.” She smiled as she excitingly declared, not shaking my hand as I expect. She looked like a 17 year old girl in her freshmen years in college, just like me.

“So this weather shocks you, doesn’t it? It’s all hot, hot, and hot.” She sang. I chuckled.

“Aww man, Miss Naeun is there; better go back to my seat. See you later, yeah?” She walked to her seat at the back, leaving me staring at the back of her head, smiling. Maybe this won’t be a bad year after all.

I noticed that nobody speaks to her in class; no one minds her and her name was even labeled absent on the board. Like she doesn’t exist.

I’m currently fighting the urge to tell the officer-in-charge that she is present but I’m to shy to tell.

It’s been 8 months and we are the only one talking to each other. Now, she served as my inspiration and it’s a big inspiration.

 She is perfect in every way.

I can’t even fathom the idea that she’s real.

But what’s bugging me was that everyone murmurs whenever we pass by them, throwing me glances like I’m weird or what. And I thought racism is bad in America, it was 10 times here. Gosh, talk about nice people.

It was only her and me. Okay, I like her.

No. I LOVE HER. And guess what, she loves me too. Meaning we are together. And I promised her our love will last forever. Forever it will be.

But no one ever knew about our relationship. Not even Jinyoung.

“Hey, you there!” A voice called that always made me jump. It’s Su-ah, of course. She smiles and kissed my cheek as I blush on her loving reactions.

“I miss you.” She genuinely said with sincere eyes. She then pouted cutely.

“Are you trying to be cute? Or you do you really miss me?” She slapped my arm.

“Yah! You have a strong arm there.” I .

“Only because I have a jerk for a boyfriend.” She clucked her tongue.

“A very hot boyfriend.” I added.

“Oh shut up.” She rolled her eyes and kissed my cheeked again. “I love you.” She said.

That made my heart fluttered. She rested her head on my shoulders.  “Baby?” I said.

“Mhmm?” She muttered. “Why was your name always labeled absent on the board?” I asked.

“Don’t mind it. The officer has too much things at his hand. Leave it there. Better be invisible that to be picked on by bullies.” She assumed. “Okay, baby.” I kissed her forehead.

We stayed like that for a long time. She then spoke, “Sandeul-ah, you’ll stay by my side forever right?”

“If you wanted me to.” I smiled. “Of course, I wanted to.” She whispered. “I’m scared.” She added.

“Scared of what?” I looked at her. “To lose you.” She answered.

“That will never happen, Su-ah. I promise you.” I sincerely told her the fact that we’ll be forever.

I searched her eyes and all I see is love. A pure love that was only meant for me. I caressed her face and turned my gazed to her lips. I started to lean in closer and closer. My lips touched hers. I deeply kissed her with all my heart. After I showed my love for her through a kiss, we stopped. Her forehead touched mine.

“We will never be separated. Fate brought us here together. Love brought us where we are now.” I told her with sincere look.

“I love you Sandeul-ah.” She then hugged me. “I love you too.”