1951

Description

It was the winter of 1951 when Kim Jongin first met Do Kyungsoo; the first thing he did was whip out a gun and aim it at the other's forehead. 

 

All Kyungsoo did was smile bitterly and continue to stitch Jongin's damaged heart together.

 

It was exactly 3 months later when Jongin found himself carrying an unconscious Kyungsoo on his back, begging for a second chance.

 

 

 

 

Foreword

It's 1951, and war is brewing in the air. Jongin is a South Korean Soldier; Kyungsoo a commoner trying to escape the impending death up north. They meet in the most unlikely circumstances and end up defying everthing they'd grown up knowing. 

They both have a very simple goal: to go south. For Jongin it's honor and loyalty, and for Kyungsoo it's a matter of survival. 

 

 

Credit to Moonchild graphics & amy91luvKey for the beautiful poster!

Credit to "Frozen Dream" Graphics shop & Umithbaby for the beautiful posters! 

        

 


Author's Note

Hey everyone! I'm guessing some of you guys are either completely new readers to my stories or are returnies! I would like to welcome both of you guys. Hopefully I won't disappoint anyone, but I know that's really hard. I'll try my best ^o^

So I've been wanting to write a story about the Korean War for such a long time, and finally when I came up with a decent plot, I was stuck with choosing a couple. haha I thought Kaisoo fit the best between Hunhan, Baekyeol, and Kaisoo, so I decided to go with them. I mean, who could possibly fit the role of an emo yet undeniably y soldier better than Kai? XD yeah, i thought so.

If you aren't familiar with Korean, there will be certain terms I use throughout the story that will be unfamiliar to you (such as army terms,etc.) I'll make sure to make a short glossary at the beginning of each chapter if words like that show up though, so no worries. For example, I'm gonna be using the term Daejang-nim a lot, which basically means general. I use General in descriptive paragraphs, but in dialogue I thought the actual Korean word would fit better. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. If it does, just shoot me a message below and I'll try to either clarify or switch things around.

Check out my other stories if you'd like!

The Difference Between Pity and Love

Queer & Proud

The Faller & The Catcher

Cracks of Autumn

They're all Exo fics, so if you're an exotic (even if you aren't) go read them! Yayyy :D

Thanks so much! Oh, also, I would appreciate it if you guys could Vote, Subscribe, and Comment Below! Best way to encourage an author is by showing them that there are people out there actually reading and enjoying your story! :) 

(as a sidenote, I will start updating this fic after I'm done with Queer & Proud. So feel free to go ahead and subscribe so you guys can be informed when the time comes)