Final

Because I Love You

"Hey Babe, remember our dinner at 7pm. I'll pick you up at 6.30pm. Dress nicely, alright? I love you. -Sehunnie."

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. I mumbled an “I love you too” back, even though I knew he wouldn't hear it. 

Sehun and I have been dating for four years now. It wasn't smooth path for the both of us. But he was always the one there for me. When I broke up with one of my ex boyfriends, he comforted me and stuck by me every day. But what I didn't know, that he liked me even before I started dating my ex boyfriend. I've always seen him as my guy-best friend and that's probably why I didn't see him as a man. But somehow, somehow the both of us just managed to work out. 

I quickly got up from my seat after reading his text and started to get ready. I chose to wear the dress he got for me during our third anniversary. It was a black dress that compliments my body, making me look ier and curvier than I actually am. It was made by a French designer that he actually contacted. To add on, I curled my hair and applied light make up before wearing a cute little pair of pumps. 

I can already imagine how he will be pouting when he see me later on. Sehun is very tall for a guy. Over the past year, he grew from 179cm to 184cm. Then there's me who is barely 165cm. I always wore heels when we go out, if not we’d look unbalanced. He’s so tall and I will probably look like a midget beside him. He never really liked me wearing heels all the time because he knew that it’s difficult and painful for me.
 




"Hi baby." He said as he opened the car door for me. 

"Hey Hunnie, how are you?" I replied as I smiled at him and pecked his cheeks. 

"Mhm, I’m good because I can see my beautiful girlfriend." He said as he settled down in the driver's seat beside me. 

"Cheesy," I teased while playfully hitting his arm. 

"But you like it," He retorted and stuck his tongue out back at me. 

He then started to lean over to me. As my instinct kicked in, I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to land on my cheeks. Instead, I heard him stifling a laugh then heard a click. So, I opened one of my eyes and saw him clutching his stomach from laughter. 

"Expecting a kiss from me babe?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows in the process. 

"Nope, and stop that, it's disgusting" I replied before crossing my arms in front of me. 

"You weren't wearing your seatbelt and that's why I can't drive off just yet. But since you want a kiss," he his lips and making it wet with his own saliva and was about to lean in and kiss me. 

"Gross! Go away!" I screamed and shoved him away from me. 

"Remind me again why I am dating someone like you." I mumbled to myself while checking the notifications in my phone. I could hear him chuckling beside me but I just decided to ignore him. 

His schedule with EXO has been becoming busier which means that I wouldn't be able to contact him most of the time. We spent the time catching up and singing during our drive to the restaurant. The car finally turned to a halt in front of a restaurant. I took a step out of the car and found out that it was the Japanese Restaurant that he and I went to when we first dated, and every other week after that. We both loved the food they served and how their sashimi literally melted in our mouths. The restaurant had a little orange glow from the tiny traditional Japanese lanterns they hung outside. But nothing actually ever changed. 

Sehun got out of the car not long after and walked over to me. He carefully placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

"It looks the same huh," he commented. 

"Yeah, just like our first few dates," 

"Let's go in. I kinda booked the whole restaurant because I know you don't like to be known as my girlfriend, especially with all the crazy fans we have," He said before walked into the restaurant and dragging me along with him. 

We were both greeted by the polite waiters and waitresses. Even the owner of the restaurant came out to greet us with the warmest smile. Sehun and I bowed to him before he led us to our table. He was like our Dad; he knew us ever since we started dating and he knew that we love the restaurant. 

After we settled down and ordered, the waiters and waitresses started bringing in the food. I was surprised on how much the both of us have ordered. 

 



"Why did we order so much? I'm stuffed. But it was so good," I complained. 

"Well, it's been a while isn't it? I was supposed to go on a diet for the next album, Manager hyung will kill me." He then pouted his little lips that made me want to kiss him. 

"Oh? Which Manager Oppa is it? Tell him I won't make any more cream pasta for him." I asked as I rested my elbows on the table. 

"I'll tell him that. Hold on for a while Babe, I need to go to the washroom," he spoke before leaning over and pecked my cheek. 
 




It has been 10 minutes and Hun has yet to come back. Was he stuck inside the toilet bowl? I took out my phone from my clutch and texted him. 

Not long later, one of the waiters came to me with a note and a pink rose. At first, I thought it was just our receipt, but when I looked closer, it was Hun's handwriting. 
 

Babe, go outside. – Sehunnie

 

I chuckled at his note. He even called himself Sehunnie. I then grabbed my clutch and checked one last time before leaving the restaurant and thanked the waitresses in the process. 

I looked around and found the same little note and the same rose on his car. I walked closer and his car key was right on top of it. 


Go to the place where we first met.  –Sehunnie


I climbed into his own car and putting my clutch on the seat beside me before driving off to Han River. I even had to adjust several parts of the driver’s seat because Sehun is just so tall and I can’t even see the road.

I was still new in Korea when I decided to walk near Han River. A man wanted to steal my wallet but Sehun was there to save me and beat the man up before he could even steal it. I thanked him by asking him out for coffee which he gladly accepted. That was definitely not the last time I met him because he sent me home and even gave me his number.

As I reached the particular area where we first met, I found two shadows beside the bench where we first met. When I got nearer, I figured they were a couple because of their fingers were intertwined together.

“Unnie!” The girl chirped from the side. It sounded so familiar but since it was dark, I had to squint to look at the person better. But I still failed.

I took a step closer and that’s when I saw that the said person had really long straight hair. Her fingers were still intertwined with the man beside him. He had a cap to cover his eyes and I still couldn’t figure out who he was. But I was certain that it was Hyomin beside him. Then, it hit me. It was actually Suho Oppa.

“Why are you guys here?” I asked, shocked that they were actually there of all places near the Han River.

“We are doing someone a favour, Unnie.”

“I bet you’re looking for this,” Suho Oppa spoke suddenly after he dug his pocket for a little note and Hyomin handed me yet another pink rose.

“So, Sehunnie even involved you guys in this?” I asked with my eyebrows raised to which the both of them nodded.

“Alright, I should go and not disturb you guys dating. I’ll see you guys soon.” I said after hugging Hyomin and bade goodbye to Suho.

I walked a little further and found a lamp with a brighter light before opening the small note.

 

Now, go to the coffee shop. –Sehunnie

 

I pouted, Sehun and his little games. He is so going to get it after this. I crossed over and found the Coffee Shop not too far down and headed to the place. It was late and that was probably why the shop had very little customers. I was welcomed by the smell of freshly brewed coffee when I opened the door. I found yet another couple right there. It was Jaehee and Kyungsoo Oppa. They were in the middle of a talk. I walked over slowly because I didn’t want to disturb them. I wanted to surprise Jaehee but she suddenly looked up, making me freeze in my spot.

“Unnie!” She sang out before leaping from her seat and giving me a bone crushing hug. I hugged her back and mouthed a hello to Kyungsoo Oppa who was at the seat.

Jaehee grabbed my hand and pulled me to the seat where another note and pink rose was placed nicely. I shook my head, how many more notes do I have to go through?

“Maybe another three,” Kyungsoo Oppa said.

Wait what, did he just read my mind? I gaped at him before he chuckled.

“By the way, this is yours. Hot chocolate.” Jaehee pushed a paper cup towards me. “And Kyungsoo Oppa didn’t read your mind if you’re wondering. You actually said it out loud.” Jaehee continued before she also giggled.

My mouth formed an O before I excused myself.  I gave her yet another hug before waving to the both of them.

 

Hang in there babe, go to our practice room. –Sehunnie.

 


 

It was now close to 10pm and I was driving Sehun’s car to SM Entertainment. I crinkled my nose when I only found the lights on in one of the rooms from outside the building. Still, I decided to head up to the room.

I knocked a couple of times but no one opened the door. Whoever was inside probably didn’t hear me because I can hear the loud music from outside. I peeked through the door and found Lay Oppa dancing with a few other guys. From the corner of my eyes, I found Eluna by the stereo and watching the boys train.

“Oh? Is that her?” She suddenly spoke and the guys stopped dancing.

Before I knew it, I was pulled into the middle of the room by Chanyeol. Everyone else was still staring at me from the side after they drank their water. Then, my eyes caught Chen smirking. Omo, this is not good.

“I know you’re here for the note, Unnie.” Eluna said after handing a towel to Lay. Lay wanted to hug her but restricted himself with everyone around.

“But first, you must dance for us. If we are not satisfied, you won’t get the note.”  Chen continued.

“And whose great idea was this?” I asked then biting the inside of my cheeks.

“The one and only troll,” Kris said nonchalantly before pointing to Chen who was already beside the stereo with Jongin.

“I’ll tell Sehun about this.” I said after biting my lip. “But for now, bring on the music!”

 


 

That stupid troll actually played some y music for me to dance to. But I still tried my best before they finally turned off the music.

“Okay, okay! Stop!” Eluna finally stopped the music.

My cheeks had a light shade of red on it and Lay threw a water bottle at me, which I obviously didn’t catch. 

“You’re actually bad in dancing. So opposite from our maknae,” Chen pointed out then snickered.

“You’re not any better Chen,” I retorted and the rest burst into loud laughter. “Oh and can I have my note now please?” I asked, making my eyes rounder.

“You grew up so fast. I can’t believe this.” Baekhyun said as walked over to me with a pink rose and the note. Then, he ruffled my hair before hugging me.

Tao then walked me out of the practice room to the car. He didn’t talk at all until he closed the car door for me.

“Drive safely.”

“I will Oppa, now go back in. I’ll be fine!” I replied before smiling at him.

Tao Oppa always had this charisma in him, but he was so lovable. He was like a little baby that I had to take care of. He then nodded and closed the car door. I placed the rose on the seat beside me with the other four. I took out the note and traced the handwriting with my fingers.

 

Are you tired? Go to the bubbletea shop that Luhan hyung and I always go to. –Sehunnie.

 

Ofcourse I am Baby, you made me go all over Seoul

 


 

I reached the said bubbletea shop. Did he have to rub the Hunhan relationship in my face? Even though I knew Luhan Oppa dated Minki, I was still jealous about Hunhan. Just because the two of them spend so much time together.

I pushed the door open and stumbled a little before I looked around. My instinct told me that one of the EXO Members and one of the girls will be there, and indeed, I was right. Minki was there with Luhan Oppa enjoying a cup of bubble tea and each other’s company.

“I’m sorry to disturb you guys.” I spoke when I reached their table.

The both of them looked up and welcomed me with bright smiles before Luhan Oppa gave me the little note and another pink rose.

“I don’t want to disturb you guys further, I should get going.” I said as I squeezed Minki’s hands and headed back to the car.

 

Last people before you get to see me, ok? Just go to the park at the corner of this road. –Sehunnie

 

I stepped on the accelerator and proceeded to drive to the corner. There, I found Minseok Oppa and Yara on the swing. He had his arms around her shoulder while Yara rested her head on his shoulders. The both of them beamed at me when they realised my presence.

“Dongsaeng-ah,” Minseok Oppa called out.

“Neh?”

“It’s the last note don’t worry. Don’t make him wait any further.” He added after giving me another pink rose and Yara giving me the last note.

It’s the last note, baby. Go back to the Japanese Restaurant. Palli! –Sehunnie.

After making me go around Seoul, he just wanted me to come back to the same place that I set off from? I decided to remain calm and just drove there without complaints.


I arrived back at the restaurant, and gathered the small notes and pink roses in my hands before I headed inside. There, I found Sehun on his seat grinning back at me. But I was too irritated to smile back. I slumped back down on the seat opposite him and put all the notes and the roses on the table. I rested my elbows on the table and stared at him.  

“Stop that. So why did you make me go all over Seoul?”

“Because I love you.”

“You love me? So that’s why you made me tired?! You have a great logic there, Hunnie.” I scoffed.

He then signalled for the waiter who then brought in the dessert. He knew that I have a sweet tooth and that was the only way to calm me down. The man carefully placed a chocolate icecream in front of us. I ignored Sehun and just dug in, taking in mouthfuls after mouthfuls.

“Ya, ya. Calm down, the icecream won’t run away.” He cried and pulled the icecream away from me.

“Shut up.” I responded and went back to eating more.

“Don’t complain when you get a brain freeze.”

I rolled my eyes and continued savouring the creamy, and rich chocolate icecream infront of me. Then all of a sudden, I froze in my spot.

“Hun, hunnie. Help.. Brain freeze,” I whimpered.

“Told you so,” he claimed.

After the brain freeze subsided, I glared at him before getting another mouthful. Sehun was looking at me, expecting something to happen. I was savouring the sweet taste when I choked on something. He then passed a piece of tissue paper for me to spit it out.

“A diamond ring?” I asked, even though I was just stating the obvious. I observed the ring further and it was just dazzling. It was an ideally proportioned round cut diamond ring, and it was sparkling.

Sehun’s face turned into an embarrassing reddish hue as he knelt down in front of me, grabbing the diamond ring from me.

“You watch too much drama Hunnie. It’s not always as sweet as it seems okay, what if I choked on that?” I teased.

Sehun looked away nervously, trying to get a little encouragement from his friends and my girls who suddenly barged into the restaurant. They mouthed ‘hwaiting’ to him and he turned back to me.

I started to tear up and the thought of spending my forever with him and the fact that we would now face the world together, through thick or thin.

“Babe, you know how we have been dating for the past four years right?” He asked cautiously, afraid to make me cry even further.

I nodded before he continued,

“Whenever I wake up next to you when I sleep over at your dorm, I always had the thought of wanting to marry you. I want to wake up with you every morning. I want to start a family with you, to grow old with you. I will be lying if I told you that I don’t love you, because I really do. So Baby, will you marry me?” He finally popped the question after holding my hands.

But I was still overwhelmed with emotion that I couldn’t answer right away. He looked up; anticipation clearly seen in his brown orbs.

“ It will be funny if she said no,” Chen blurted out from the back.

“This is the main reason you don’t have a girlfriend, Chen. Even the youngest will probably get married before you. Now be quiet,” Kris mumbled.

“Speak for yourself, Duizhang.” Tao told the both of them.

Everyone’s eyes were still on me, I felt my cheeks getting hotter and hotter. My heart was beating really fast and I am sure they could hear me from where they were standing

“Y-yes, Hunnie. “ I managed to squeak out.

He then carefully placed the ring on my finger before getting up on his two feet. He leaned over and gave me a peck on my lips before he wrapped his arm around my waist. I then stood on my tippy toes, wanting to give Sehun another peck on the lips but fell a little too short to reach it. EXO and the girls rushed over to congratulate the both of us. I was then surrounded by the loud girls before they gave me yet another messy group hug, while the boys were cheering for their Maknae.


 

It was close to midnight and no one was planning to leave any soon.

“I told you Unnie won’t like that ring in the icecream, Oppa.” Hyomin stated, Eluna nodding opposite her.

“Yeah, what if I choked on it? What will you do? It is not as romantic as dramas, Hunnie.” I mumbled.

“Well Babe, you did not and now, you’re engaged to me.”  Sehun boasted before pulling my chair closer to his.

“YA! Stop rubbing it in that we’re single, do that when you’re alone” Baekhyun pointed out. The rest then howled in laughter.

“Our Unnie is getting married soon,” Yara faked a cry from the other side of the table.

“Says the one who already have the date to tie their knot settled. When mine has yet to pop the question,” Minki hinted.

“But he’s too dense to realise that Minnie. If he doesn’t want to, I am here.” Chen stated while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Did you.. ” I pointed from Sehun to Chen, eyeing the both of them. "learn that from him?" I continued, to which he nodded. I mentally face palmed myself. Seriously..

“Wait what?  Who is too dense?” Luhan asked wide-eyed to all of us, causing everyone to die laughing. 

 


Yay I'm done!

Sorry for the freaking ending,

I didn't know how to end it, as usual.

Comments please!

 

 

xx