i/i

letters from a hottie

Hello! It's been awhile I wrote a fluff so please do forgive me if it's a fail!! I'm shocked by the way! 10+ subscribers for a oneshot after a few hours? That's new to me! It makes me happy and worried at the same time, so please do comment! I really want to improve my writing :D

 

--

 

7/18/13

Taemin sulks from the chair he was sitting on as he looks at his boyfriend sleeping sweetly on the hospital bed.


 

Minho broke his leg and had a really bad fall during soccer practice. It was his last year as a high school student, and it was going to be his last soccer competition too! He had hit his head (and face) pretty hard against the dirty ground after missing a step and plunging his feet on the ball instead. He twisted his ankle too. Ouch.
 

Taemin moves closer as his sneakers brush against the white floor tiles of the hospital room. He places a hand on Minho's cheek and smiles gently at the soccer player. The two have been friends and neighbors ever since he was an elementary student, and Minho a freshman. It has been roughly two years but the two got closer in that span, and soon they became more than just friends.
 

Taemin studies Minho's peaceful face as he sleeps. He notices how tired he looks from all the soccer practice.

Wait for the game Taemin-ah. I'll be playing this for you. Minho said before this small accident happened.

Taemin chuckles to himself and looks down at the floor trying to hide a blush as if he were afraid that the sleeping Minho would wake up and tease the bashful boy.

And then he sees it.

A sparkle from a silver parchment.

Choi Minho's journal.

 

--

 

Curious, Taemin peers into the journal.


It starts when Minho was a freshman and when his family was getting ready to move to a new place. He was nervous and scared he wouldn't make a friend.

The following pages talked about how he made friends right away at school and it made him happy and satisfied. But at the end of the entry, he stated that he wanted to make friends with this one boy. This one boy, who apparently is Minho's neighbor and who apparently is Taemin.
 

--

 

Taemin laughs. It is the end of his journal, he thinks, since the next page is blank. But when the journal slips through his fingers, the pages advance to what seems to be the last portion of the journal. 

He picks up the journal again and looks closely at the letters written in bold text. "letters to a cutie"

Taemin blushes.

 

--

Taemin goes to school the same day, holding a banana milk on one hand and Minho's journal on the other.

--
 

[1]

6/10/10

Dear cutie,

i see you every day after school lounging around and riding your bike. do you notice me? i hope that someday we become friends. i can teach you soccer and maybe we can ride our bikes together. i mean we are neighbors right? i hope you notice that i'm the new neighbor. haha.

Love, Minho

 

--

 

Taemin gets his books from the locker and sips the last of his banana milk before going to his next class. Onew who is seated right beside him taps the boy's shoulder.

"Hey, how is Minho?"

"M-mm?" Still a little dazed. "He's fine." Taemin sends a small smile before flipping the next page of the journal.

 

--

 

[2]

7/12/10

Dear milk delivery boy,

i didn't know you were the guy that delivers my milk! i watch you go back to your house, and i wonder if you ever notice me.
 

Love, Minho
 

[3]

8/23/11

Dear bike rider,

i fell down while riding my bike to get you to notice me. you did, and that's how we became friends. but you didn't tell me your name, why didn't you say it? atleast you know me now.

Love, Minho
 

[4]

6/12/12

Dear neighbor,

Summer 2012 was great! Even if I still don't know your name, I feel like we have become best friends!

Oh and by the way! It's the first day of school for me! I didn't see you get out of your house today. How come? Where do you go to school by the way? Anyways! I just wanted to say that my first day of school as a junior went well!

Isn't that wonderful?

Love, Minho
 

--
 

Taemin's class was over and he closes the journal carefully. He looks to his side to see Onew gone.
 

Taemin puts his books in the locker and is greeted by a soccer player, Minho's friend Jonghyun.

"Annyeong Taemin!" Jonghyun waves and smiles.

"Annyeong hyung!" Taemin greets happily.

"How is Minho?" Jonghyun asks worriedly.

"He's fine." Taemin assures him.

"Oh. I hope he gets better before the finals!" Jonghyun says before he leaves right away.

 

"He will. " Taemin mutters, closes his locker and flips to a page.
 

--

 

[5]

7/17/12

Dear Neighbor,

I didn't see you go out of your house again. Please come out.


Love, Minho

 

[6]

8/22/12

Dear Milk Boy,

Oh! So your name is Taemin? I finally found your name! Oh and you're a sophomore? I'm a junior! Actually, I found out from my friend Key. I can't believe it! You go to our school?! Why didn't you tell me over the summer? Why don't you come back?

Love, Minho
 

[7]

9/21/12

Dear Taemin,

You finally went back to school! And I'm really glad you greeted me! But how come you didn't want to sit beside me? Also, I asked you why you weren't going to school for quite some time and you said you didn't want to go to school. How come? You didn't reply to me though.


Love, Minho
 

 

[8]

10/26/12

Dear Taemin the milk delivery boy,

Today you gave me banana milk instead of the regular milk! It's so yummy thank you! Now I see why you like banana milk! You also asked me what favorite fruity milk I like? I said banana milk but I'll try the other fruity milks for you!

--

 

Taemin smiled and sipped on his banana milk. He flipped to the next page.

 

[9]

1/1/12

Dear Taemin,

Happy New Year!

Today was the first time you opened up to me. You said you didn't like school because you didn't have friends and you hated the outside world. You said you were different and the only person
who will talk to you was Key or Onew. You said people didn't like you. You said you were different. What do you mean by different?

What you didn't know, and what you should know. I like you.

 

--

Taemin stopped reading for awhile to catch his breath and moved on.

--

 

[10]

2/11/12

Dear Tae,

Sorry I couldn't go to our promised date today! I forgot about my promise with Krystal! Mian! I'll owe it up to you soon!! Oh! Krystal and I had a great movie date!

I wish you were there.

 

[11]

2/12/12

Dear Tae,

Why did you ignore me today?

 

[12]

2/14/12

Dear Tae,

I heard from Onew that you were jealous. Was it because of Krystal? Aren't my movements enough to show you that I like you? And not as a best friend?

 

[13]

2/15/12

Dear Tae,

I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that it looks as if I'm the popular guy and you're a simpleton. I'm sorry that I am popular and that you are nothing. I am sorry that I stay for soccer practice than studying with you. I am sorry.

 

[14]

2/16/12

Dear Taemin,

I'm sorry I was mean to you yesterday. Look, I really like you a lot. Why couldn't you see that? Then I guess, I really should show it to you don't you think? Today I went out to buy you flowers, chocolates and all the cheesy stuff. Oh! And ofcourse I didn't forget the milk! I bought all kinds of fruity flavored milk!

I like strawberry milky by the way!

 

[15]

3/30/12

Dear Tae,

Thank you for making me happy today! Thank you for accepting my confession! Thank you for

attending my soccer practice! Thank you for everything.

--

 

[16]

3/10/13

Dear Taemin,

Why do we always fight? I don't always have to pick you over my friends right? To me, you will always be in my heart. But that doesn't mean I can't have free time too right?

You need to understand that okay?

 

[17]

6/28/13

Dear Tae,

I said I'm sorry. Again. I'm always the first to apologize. You have to come to my soccer practice okay? I want to see you there and to cheer me on. It's my last year.

I hope you understand that.

--

Taemin finishes the day sighing and reminiscing the moments as he read through his boyfriend's writing. The day ended quickly. Too quickly.

Taemin carries his backpack over his shoulder and steps out of the school in a jiffy. He takes a taxi and continues to read.

--

[18]

7/15/13

Dear Minnie,

We fought again. And this time because I gave my strawberry milk to the new girl at school. But nowadays, I found our fights to be cute. I mean who gets mad and blames me for being a hottie? Oh right.

You.

Mwahaha.


Love, Minho

--

Taemin reaches the hospital and stays at the cafeteria to eat.

--

[19]

7/17/11

Dear Cutie,

Soccer practice is nearing! I can't wait for the finals so I can surprise you.
You love surprises right? By the time you read this, I am sure you already know what that is.


 

 

Taemin stops. What surprise? He thinks before he flips the page.

 

[20]

 

It was blank. The 20th letter must be for today. Taemin pouted as he closed the journal. He was definitely worried that Minho wouldn't be able to go to the finals tomorrow. Slowly, Taemin went up the stairs and proceeded to his boyfriend's room. He was ready to greet the tall soccer player hottie only to realize.

He wasn't on his bed.

He wasn't in his room.

 

"Where did he go?" Taemin mutters to himself and fidgeted with the journal. He takes out his phone from his pocket and dials the number.

A chuckle rose after the dial tone.

"Were you looking for me Taeminnie?"

"Yah! Where are you?"

"Soccer field."

"What?!"

"Hurry and come!" And then Minho hangs up.

"Jerk. Jerk. Cool guy. Jerk. Hottie. Jerk." Taemin angrily mutters as he steps out of the hospital and rushes to the school.

--

The soccer field looks empty to Taemin.

And then he turns to see a tall guy coming close.

 

"Annyeong!" Minho hands Taemin a banana milk. 

On the banana milk was a letter taped on the cup. Taemin smiles at Minho before opening the letter gingerly as he was afraid to break the wet paper.

On it, the letter says:

[20]

7/18/13

Dear Lee Taemin,

I won't be able to play tomorrow since my ankle hurts. My face is still in good shape. I mean, I'm still good looking... Right? And Taemin...

 

--

Taemin looks up at Minho.

"And Taemin... Happy Birthday."