2.

One Day

 

When Siwon finishes cleaning up, he rushes back to the now empty arena with an uneasy heart, hoping Kyuhyun did wait for him because he never wants to lose him again. He did a lot of thinking in the past couple of years, wondering and asking himself just why he can’t be with Kyuhyun. His religion has always been an obstacle and it took away his happiness which gave him so many sleepless nights.

He missed Kyuhyun so dearly and he wanted to fly over and see his best friend, but he knew it would be hard for them to meet again. They haven’t forgotten each other or fall out of love, something they both knew as impossible, but it’s such a torture to know they can’t be together.

When Siwon was offered to play in the NBA and found out he would be moving to the US, he just couldn’t shake off the feeling that it’s fate. So, just as he landed in New York, the first thing he had done, was go see Kyuhyun even though it was only from afar.

He felt enormously happy when his eyes fell on the beautiful boy with the fluffy brown hair, memories of their shared times together flashed before his eyes and the love that’s always been there in his heart suddenly over bloomed. He wanted nothing but to go hug him, but he had another plan in mind.

Thankfully, Kyuhyun did show up to the game which is something Siwon was so nervous about. He knows Kyuhyun isn’t interested in sports and only attended Siwon’s matches back in college because he wanted to support him, and so when he caught his figure between the crowd, his insides twisted in eager excitement.

 

Standing in the middle of the court, Siwon lets his eyes roam the place, and as his sight falls on the sole person in the auditorium still taking his earlier seat, he can’t even begin to describe his feeling at the moment.

“You’re still here!”

He slightly yells out so Kyuhyun can hear him while taking closer steps toward him.

“I said I’ll wait, didn’t I?”

Kyuhyun shouts back, standing up as he also starts getting down the stairs to reach his missed man.

When they’re standing face to face, they intently gaze at each other for a few seconds, neither is quite believing what just happened yet.

“It’s not gonna be easy”

Siwon bitterly admits and Kyuhyun momentarily hangs his head low with a dejected grimace before looking up and sweetly smiling.

“I know”

“I don’t want to be a coward ever again”

Siwon sternly adds, taking another step forward and reaching for Kyuhyun’s hands, tightly engulfing them with his own.

“Please don’t be” Kyuhyun desperately whispers as he closes his eyes and enjoys the soothing feeling coming from Siwon’s hands. He really doesn’t want this moment to end. He wants Siwon to stay by his side forever. He wants them to finally be together no matter how his mind is screaming that it’s wrong.

“It took me so long” Siwon apologetically exclaims in a soft tone, leaning forward and resting his forehead against Kyuhyun’s.

“Is this real? Are you for real Siwon? Because when I left you, it hurt… It really hurt”

A couple of tears escape his eyes and he grips harder on Siwon’s hands, not wanting to let go of him. He bites on his trembling lips to stop himself from crying, but they immediately get caught between Siwon’s lips.

They kiss hungrily and eagerly as they venture on the pain and the torture they had to withstand for years. Their yearning emotions erupt as they battle to taste each other, to let one another know just how much they’re in love and how much they want to be together.

.
.

 

“This is my apartment”

Kyuhyun announces once he unlocks the door, stepping aside to let Siwon come inside.

“It’s nice”

Siwon comments after taking a look around, liking the contrasts of the color red and black. He then glances at Kyuhyun who shyly smiles before averting his gaze away to hide his blush.

“I forgot how beautiful you look when you blush”

Kyuhyun slightly rolls his eyes, hiding his smile by walking to the kitchen and motioning for Siwon to come along.

“Tea or coffee?”

“Tea please”

Kyuhyun nods as he starts preparing the drinks, while Siwon sits on the counter watching him with amusement.

“I missed this”

Kyuhyun questionably eyes him from over his shoulder, making Siwon smile at the cute frown between his eyebrows.

“Having you around every day… watching you like this”

Kyuhyun faces him, arms folded over his chest as he cutely says “Well, not anymore. Right?”

Siwon smilingly nods, then as Kyuhyun resumes what he was doing, the older walks to him and sneaks his arms around his waist, startling the younger.

“I can’t believe I can finally do this”

After getting over the first shock of being in Siwon’s arms like this, Kyuhyun leans backward, giving in to the embrace as he closes his eyes and hums in response.

“It feels good”

Siwon beams, planting a kiss on Kyuhyun’s cheek as he tightens his arms around him.

“It’s gonna be okay… We will make it okay”

Kyuhyun sighs, entwining his hands with Siwon’s as he appreciates the older’s assurance even though he knows it will be tough. However, their love is too strong and they will do whatever it takes to make it survive.

“I hope so”

They stay like that for a few seconds before there’s whistling from the kettle and thus they part so Kyuhyun can finish making the tea.

Siwon goes back to his seat, resuming his observation with a loving smile etched on his lips, and when Kyuhyun joins him, he’s abruptly pulled into Siwon’s embrace as soon as he puts the cups on the counter.

“Won~”

Kyuhyun whimpers, but he timidly curls deeper into Siwon’s chest nonetheless.

“I don’t want us to be afraid anymore”

Kyuhyun nods, his hands clutching on Siwon’s collar as he comfortably snuggles his body between Siwon’s legs and buries his face in the man’s neck.

“I love you, Kyu”

Tears start streaming down Kyuhyun’s cheeks as he hears the three magic words for the second time that day. His heart is fluttering like it never did before, and it all feels so surreal right now. He feels his stomach being twisted but it's that good kind of feeling like he's floating on the clouds.

“I love you too, Won”

Siwon smiles, firmly holding Kyuhyun closer with one hand secured around his back, and the other one soothingly playing with his hair, a broad pleased grin on his face as he keeps rewinding Kyuhyun’s confession in his mind.

.
.
.

Cuddling on the couch, with Kyuhyun half sitting on the sofa and half on Siwon’s lap, his legs thrown over the man’s thighs, the new couple is enjoying their time together in utter silence.

There’s no tv , no words spoken, just plain touches which for them, it means the world right now.

Kyuhyun's slender fingers are happily playing with Siwon's, the simple touches leaving their heartbeat frantically dancing in overjoy.

Suddenly as they’re too lost in each other’s presence, the other habitant of the house steps in and slightly jumps in surprise when he catches the scene.

Kyuhyun hears the familiar gasp, and as he finds his friend standing by the entrance looking at them in shock, he quickly stands up, leaving Siwon confused.

“Min, listen I c-can explain. I was j-“

“Whoa! Explain what?”

Kyuhyun guiltily chews on his lips as he hangs his head down, not daring to meet his friend’s eyes.

“Explain what does the basketball super star Choi Siwon doing here in our apartment, or maybe how you were just glued to him a moment ago?”

Siwon is soon on his feet as well, protectively gripping on Kyuhyun’s hand as he sternly looks at Changmin.

“Min… I-I’m sorry”

Kyuhyun apologizes, looking at his friend with scared eyes, afraid he will be judged. He never told Changmin about Siwon or the fact that he was in love with a man because he didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable, and mostly because they are really good friends and he didn’t want to lose him.

“For what?”

Changmin takes a step closer, the surprise turning into softness when he witnesses the fear written all over Kyuhyun’s face.

“Not telling you about… this” As he raises his entwined hand with Siwon’s.

“By this you mean dating Choi Siwon, or dating a man?”

Kyuhyun gulps, readying himself for the harsh comments but it never came. Instead, Changmin lightly chuckles while ruffling his hair.

“You’ve never dated anyone for the past two years that I’ve known you for. No girls no guys. I knew there must be something going on with that heart of yours. Then one night I heard you crying and calling for a certain name… ‘Won’

Kyuhyun’s eyes bulge out because Changmin never told him about this before.

“Guess now I know who that Won is”

“Min”

Changmin crosses his arms over his chest as he sulkingly exclaims “I’m hurt you never told me though!”

Kyuhyun’s face breaks into a sweet smile as he steps forward and lunches his arms around his friend.

“I’m sorry. It’s very complicated and I didn’t want to admit it to anyone”

“I understand”

Pulling away, Kyuhyun appreciatively gazes at Changmin before he asks “Are we okay? Is it okay that I’m…”

“I’ve never seen you this happy, Kyu”

Kyuhyun sighs in relief, giving his friend a thankful smile.

“I love him”

“Yeah I can see that. And I can see he loves you too”

Kyuhyun turns to look at Siwon and takes the hand stretched out for him again, gazing down at their entwined fingers which emits blissful smiles from both of them.

Kyuhyun can't be any more grateful about Changmin’s reaction. He has been his only close friend ever since he moved to New York, and when he was hurt, lonely and miserable at first, he has to admit that it got slightly easier in time after he met Changmin.

Now, he and Siwon wish it will be the same for the others, although deep inside they both know it’s not that easy. All they can do is hope for the best.

.
.

Lying on his bed, Kyuhyun is nervously waiting for Siwon to join him. It’s the first time they’ll be spending the night together which explains the current drumming in his chest. Siwon was going to leave earlier although he didn’t want to, and luckily, Kyuhyun felt the same as he asked him to stay.

A few minutes later, the older steps back into the room, wearing Kyuhyun’s pajama pants and nothing on top, leaving Kyuhyun’s face exploding into a dark shade of red.

“Your shirt didn’t fit me. I hope it’s okay”

Siwon explains as he sheepishly rubs his nape, earning a fast nod for a reply since Kyuhyun seems lost for words and so he turns to lie on his side, trying to avoid looking at Siwon’s chest.

Getting the permission, Siwon walks toward the bed and tucks himself under the blanket, lying on his side as well and letting their gazes meet as they fall silent for a minute.

They lovingly stare at each other before Siwon sneaks his arm under Kyuhyun’s head and brings him closer, their legs instantly locked together.

“I always wanted to do this”

Siwon admits, causing Kyuhyun to shyly bite on the corner of his lips before burying his head in the man’s neck.

“Me too”

It’s a mere whisper but Siwon hears it nonetheless, thus tightening his arms around Kyuhyun’s back and pulling him as closer as possible, not minding squeezing him in the process.

“You know, I also always wanted to sneak into your bed”

The blush on Kyuhyun’s face deepens as he shockingly pulls away and questionably looks at him.

“You did?”

“Yeah. You look so peaceful when you sleep. I just wanna hug you”

Kyuhyun slightly rolls his eyes, a wide smile on his lips however.

“Why didn’t you?”

He regrets it the moment the question is asked, knowing exactly the answer to that, and especially when he examines Siwon’s face and how the man’s smile turned into a sad one.

“There’s a time for everything”

Kyuhyun apologetically nods, pressing a loving kiss on Siwon’s lips before burying his head back in his neck where he plants several feather like pecks that leave Siwon chuckling from the ticklish feeling.

.
.
.

The next morning, Kyuhyun is the one to wake up first, slowly opening his eyes and adjusting them to the daylight before his senses kick in and he realizes something or rather someone is pressed againsy his back.

Taking a peek over his shoulder, Kyuhyun’s face immediately lightens up and his lips curl up into a beautiful smile when his eyes fall on his new lover sound asleep while snuggling to him.

Slowly lying on his back, but without losing the warmth surrounding his stomach, Kyuhyun sighs in content as he gets lost in admiring Siwon’s face.

His heart is beating like never before, and as much as he had thought about waking up next to Siwon for a long time now, it’s nothing like he has ever imagined.

Lightly tracing his fingertips along the older’s cheek, he chews on his bottom lip to prevent himself from kissing the man. And as his eyes roam down Siwon's upper body, they can't help but ogle at the way his friend got muscled and now have an even more perfect body.

Slowly letting his fingertips slide down the well-defined chest, down to the well-shaped abs, Kyuhyun can feel his face on fire, yet he can't stop admiring Siwon's body. 

“Hey~”

Kyuhyun is startled as the man speaks with his eyes still closed, causing him to flush heavily and abruptly withdraw his hand.

Not getting an answer, Siwon flutters his eyes open, making his heart beat frenziedly at the endearing expression on the younger’s face, the rosy cheeks, and the mesmerizing look he’s giving him.

“Slept well?”

Siwon nods, tightening his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist and making him face him.

“You?”

Kyuhyun sweetly smiles, taking a moment to stare into those dark hypnotizing orbs before also nodding and lovingly stating.

“I love you”

It fluently shot out of his mouth that he himself is surprised. However, the wide smile he gets from Siwon is rewarding enough.

“I love you too”

Kyuhyun shortly smiles before he lets out a deep sigh and rests his forehead against Siwon’s.

“I still can’t believe this is actually happening”

“I know, right?”

Kyuhyun pulls away, his hand tracing Siwon’s cheek as if making sure he’s really there.

“I always wanted to be with you, Won. My heart always beat for you but my brain wouldn’t let me react to it. I-…”

A sole tear escapes and drops onto Siwon’s neck making the latter cup Kyuhyun’s face and letting their eyes meet.

“Hey hey, please no more crying. I’m here and we’re together now”

“Why does it have to be so hard?”

Siwon pulls him down, burying him in his embrace as he soothingly rubs his back.

“I know, I know. But we’ll fight it together”

Kyuhyun eagerly nods, having no doubt about his determination on not giving up on his love.

“Just promise me one thing”

“Anything”

“Don’t walk away from me ever again. Whatever happens, please stay by my side”

Kyuhyun pulls away, faintly smiles at the man underneath him as he whispers “I promise”

He then leans down and gently takes Siwon’s upper lip between his, all the ache and the pain disappears once they’re connected like this. Kyuhyun never knew a kiss would make him feel this liberated but one thing he knows for sure right now, is that he’s meant to be with Siwon only.

It’s no different for Siwon either. As he kisses Kyuhyun back, probing his lips and letting his tongue get a taste of that already addicting cavern, one thing is on his mind, and that is that he belongs to Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun belongs to him.

 

They know it won’t be easy, they know they will have to face the harsh society they live in, but they also know that they simply don’t exist without each other.

They believe in their love and everything else doesn’t matter. It will be hard, but it will also be totally worth it.

- End -