Chapter 1

Sister's Sacrifice (Rewrite + Editing)

Tears? What is tears? Everyone knows this word.What kind of human that does not know about this only one word that I am saying right now? Ridiculuos.A word that will be my simple answer to that question.Once,I ever thought that tears would not fall always from my eyes.Why? Because people say I have a perfect life as my parents is one of the richest couple here in this country that own a lot of properties.

 

But,one day had changed my life.I lost my parents in a car accident.The accident had terrified me,my mind.Each seconds of that day would never be forgotten by me.I was still a young teenager that time.

That day was a day when I followed them to fetch my two younger sisters that were still in primary school and kindergarten.

Our dad finally got his free time to spend with his family,with us but it changed into an unforgetabble memory.A memory that I wished it never happened.

As I wrote my diary,I hope I could be strong inside and out.I have my responsibilities now to be the leader of this family since my only aunt that took care of us,had already left this world.She is resting in peace now.

 

A tear dropped on the cover of the middle-size pinkish book.It was Gyuri's diary that she kept for herself to write down her heart of what she was feeling and what she was thinking.When a tear dropped on the cover of the diary,that means she closed the book for good.She had to keep herself up and strong to face the new day.A new day that she would never know what would happen in 24 hours.Nothing is impossible are the three words that plastered in her mind.

 

She looked at the round clock that was on the wall of the kitchen.It was still 4 o'clock in the morning.Somehow,the clock was like telling her to get to sleep back again.The only 'friend' she got there in the kitchen was just the sound of the ticking of the round clock.She was staring at the vase of fake flower that was at the middle of the round table.The flowers do really look beautiful and fresh but the truth of the flowers are dead.

 

Every early in the morning,she will spend her time at the table.Letting herself to be alone without nobody accompanies her physically.She chosed that time as all of the maids were still sleeping and of course her two younger sisters too still in their dreamlands.In seconds,her tears started to fall over again from her eyes when she remembered about her two younger sisters.

It's been years since their parents left them and it's been two years too since their only aunt left too.

She becomes the leader of the family.She becomes the one who took care of them.She also becomes the CEO of their big company in the country.She had grown up mature.

 

“Gyuri?”,someone called her name.Her reflexed made her quickly wiped away her tears with the back of her hands.She did not want anybody to see her crying.She responded right away when she turned to the owner of the voice.

 

“Y-yes,ma?”,her voice sounded shaky because of the crying.

 

An old woman appeared infront of her as the old woman the main light of the kitchen.Before that,Gyuri just the small light that focused on the table only that she was sitting at besides it.

 

“Are you crying,sweety?”,the old woman whom they called as 'ma' because she was like their own mother but despite her age,they called her as 'ma' as from the words of grandma.She was a maid that worked for the family since Gyuri was still little.So,she already treated Gyuri and her two younger sisters as her own children.She was like the one who raised them besides their aunt.

 

Gyuri took her cup of coffee up and took a sip from it to calm herself a bit.She can still be seen sniffling by the old woman but knowing that she hurriedly form a smile to ma even though it was just a small smile.Now,it was just not only the sounds of the clock that accompanying her.

 

“Ma,why do you wake up so early? It is still so early now...”,Gyuri asked her as soon she put down her cup of coffee back on the table.Gyuri pulled out the chair besides her for the old woman to sit.She turned her gaze back to her cup,so that ma would not be seeing her crying face.

 

The old woman just gave Gyuri a really sincere smile.She put her right hand on Gyuri's head and her hair.She knows Gyuri so well and Gyuri cannot even a hide a thing behind her back.She knows if she was happy or not happy.

 

“My dear child,I have been taking care of you since you were a baby until your two sisters were born too.I raised you just like my own child like what your mother told me to do.I know you were crying.Tell me...”,the old woman spoke and Gyuri cannot even control anymore her tears.As soon she heard that until the last word,her tears started to roll down on her cheeks.She cannot held anymore the urge to cry.

 

“M-ma,I'm weak.I-I'm not strong...”,tears continued to fall down until the long sleeves of her pyjamas started to become wet from her crying.

 

The old woman hugged to calm her down.That was what she could do for now.Gyuri and her other sisters were just like the old woman's own children.Since she started work with the family,she already promised to their parents to treat them and take care of them as her own children.

 

“Calm down..Gyuri.Ma is here..Just let out your tears..”,the old woman Gyuri's back softly and Gyuri was still crying.The old woman knew that Gyuri had to handle a lot of things for the family.She was still a young woman but she had to be like the strongest one in the family.Outside she looks strong but deep inside of her,she was feeling weak.

 

“Ma,I am like a little kid right?”,Gyuri released the hug and again she wiped her tears.She took two sheets of tissue from the tissue box.

 

The old woman shook her head in disagree.

 

“Gyuri..Ma knows that you are a strong girl.A really really strong girl.Ma knows you since you were little dear.”,the old woman answered with a smile but Gyuri was unsure with that.She did think that she is not that strong like the old woman told her.

 

“But ma..am I a bad sister to Jiyoung and Hayoung?”,a question that was unexpected for the old woman to hear.

 

“Who says that you are a bad sister to Jiyoung and Hayoung? No,you are not Gyuri.You are a really good sister to them”,ma replied with a little frown on her eyebrows.

 

Gyuri started to low down her head.She felt really bad though ma said that she is a really good older sister to them.Yes,the names of Gyuri's younger sisters are Lee Jiyoung and Lee Hayoung.The both of them were still schooling in high school but for her first younger sister,Jiyoung is already in her last year of high school while for her youngest sister,Hayoung is one year younger.

 

“Do you think I have been pampering them too much,ma?”,Gyuri said with a worried face.

 

Little did they know,someone was listening to them outside of the kitchen.The person was listening to them behind the wall.

 

“Well,I know you have been teaching them well,Gyuri..As long as they behave well,just follow the flow but you must do something if they are up to something bad..”,the old woman said and once again gave her a smile.

 

The answer finally made Gyuri felt a bit better.The promise that she made to their parents and their aunt will be keep forever in herself.A promise where she will be taking care of them really well and will do anything for their good sake.She remember that.She loves her two younger sisters so much.

 

“Thank you so much,Ma for being with us no matter what.I don't know what to do without you,Ma..”,she hugged the old woman who were just like their own mother.

 

“Anything,dear..”the old woman replied.

 

The round clock showed that it was already almost 5am in the early morning.The person behind the wall slowly made footsteps to the stairs back.She stopped for a while at the stairs and threw her gaze to the picture frame that was hanging against the wall.It was a picture frame of her unnie.

 

“Gyuri unnie,you can't cut our freedom..”,she glared to the picture frame of Gyuri,their eldest sister.She then hurriedly went back to her own room.It was Jiyoung whom was listening to them in the kitchen.She was about to get a glass of water as she forgot to tell one of their maids to prepare a bottle of water in her room before she slept that night.

 

In Jiyoung's room,Jiyoung wasn't able to get to sleep back.Her mind started to think an idea for today at school.She decided to bring along Hayoung too as she thought Hayoung was a naïve and innocent young girl.Yeah,that's her little sister's character.

 

She grabbed her phone at the small table besides her king-sized bed and went to her room door to get outside to Hayoung's room.

 

“Hayoung ah,wake up!”,she pulled her blanket.

 

“Hmm..what ar u doing here in my room unnie....?”,Hayoung sleepily talked to Jiyoung.She was not surprised that Jiyoung was there as she did not locked her room door.

 

“Today,follow unnie after school with my friends at the shopping mall.We are going to have some fun and big shopping!”,Jiyoung exclaimed.

 

“W-what? I can't hear you unnie..”,the younger spoke and pulled the blanket up to her head wrapping all of herself.

 

“I want to sleep just a few more minutes..”,Hayoung said after that.

 

“Aish this kid but remember to follow me after today's school..Don't be a bookworm”,the older one tried to make sure of the younger one's decision.Without given an answer,Jiyoung went back to her own room again that was not too faraway from Hayoung's room.