Two

Seoulmate

You stared at the hamburger, then at Daniel, then the hamburger again.
"May I ask, why are you so nice to me?" He frowned. "I mean, this is my first time in Korea. And we just met and now we are eating dinner… boy, it all escalated too fast, dont you think so?"

He chuckled. “Well, I just remember my fans’ faces very well. And you just turned out to be the lucky one.”

"But you’ve…we haven’t even met at all before this!" Your eyes widened. "Plus I am an international fan…"

"Uh…. you know these days I have lots of free time so I kinda look at the profiles of those who sent me mentions. And when I was looking through yours, I happened to come across your…selca. So umm, yeah", he shrugged, slowly turning pink.

You gasped. Then smirked while you stared at him really hard. “So. You actually stalk your fans. This is dangerous! I must warn them people!” You sank your fork into the hamburger and sliced it as delicate as possible. He avoided your gaze, ruffled through his fringe and curved his lips into a smile.

"I was… bored", he replied in Korean and laughed half-heartedly. "But really", he grabbed your hand unexpectedly. "Thanks for those encouraging tweets when I was at the lowest point of my life." You nearly choked on your meat. You looked up to his face only to find him looking at you intensely, those mesmerizing gaze filled with sincerity over everything that he just said. Your widened eyeballs locked with his. You thought your heart was going to stop beating for a second. He was still holding your hand, those soft palms carressing your skin gently. Even the brain instructed your jaw to stop chewing whatever that was in your mouth.

You realised how this man infront of you was actually a vulnerable person like any other human. His eyes glittered as tears slowly welled up. He was going to cry but ego always matters to a man. There was a sudden piercing pain in your heart. You could tell very well how remorseful he was. He was trying his best to start over with a clean slate, but as an idol, the situation made it nth time as difficult. The old piece of news flashed through your mind - the start of his downfall. It hurt you. But you remembered telling yourself umpteen times that his family was going through worse and that you felt a need to be by his side so that he could feel that the fandom actually cared and be positive about it. Although he knew very well how it actually hurt his fans and loved ones. You remembered how tlist were giving each other encouragement during the period of hardship. You remembered those times you scrolled down your timeline and saw mentions to the other boys about being strong through this ordeal. You remembered it all very well. It was that one period of time when you actually saw the internationa fandom working together to send encouragements to the group. The whole lot of your tweetpeeps and you, believing that he was absolutely remorseful, and that very day, you saw it for yourself that indeed, he was.

He finally broke away from the eyecontact and tapped my hand gently. “Okay let’s eat before your food gets cold.” You took a good look at him as he filled his tummy with the good food. Daniel was thinner, those pair of sad and tired eyes bothered you so much it made you feel that you need to hug this little big guy. His hoodie was up eversince you saw him at the airport. It hurt you more that he knew how you actually looked like in real life, gave you a surprise on your solo trip to Korea, brought you out for dinner, just to thank you.

Daniel Chae, you gotta cheer up.This is not the end of everything. You heaved a sigh.


"Hey eat your meals. You can stare at me longer later on and admire every inch of my physique once we are done with dinner", he joked.
"No I just find you really pretty at a certain angle", you replied him with a straight face.

He nearly spitted out his ham salad and burst into laughter. “Seriously?” he asked. “How is a guy like me pretty? If I actually choked on my food earlier, I will probably blame you alright, Missy.”

"Can you not call me Missy? Remember I told you that during this period of time, we are friends? And as friends, we should use lots of banmal (informal korean). It will be better that way…no?”

"Yes of couse I remember",he snickered. "Plus your lame jokes too." His lips curled up as he winked. "Ah…" you blushed. "You don’t have to remember those jokes. I at making jokes I swear.." You put the last bit of burger into your mouth and stared down awkwardly at your plate.

"Wow that’s pretty fast!"

"To be honest I was famished", you cried as you munched. "The cabin crew served me chicken as hard as a rock. It could form a large hole if you were to throw it against the wall."

This Daniel was really easily amused at almost everything you said. He was trying hard not to crack up but in the end, succumbed to it. You frowned at him

"I don’t know why but I really find you funny!" He was laughing really hard, covering his mouth with his hands.

"Daniel, how was that even funny? It’s the lamest thing I could ever think of in my entire life", you could not help but to laugh along with him. God damn it, you wished he stopped laughing already but he went on for a good 2 minutes.

But you felt better seeing that laughter after such a long time. You have not seen him for a year. As in, his selcas or fantaken photos. Almost nothing but old selcas fanbases kept reusing and retweeting every now and then. It was the best feeling you could ever ask for, especially when you were with someone you yearned to see. Perfect night.

"Find me a cheaper hotel up ahead."

"You might as well live with me and Sharon."

"But the dog. I have no chemistry with dogs."

"It’s harmless, I promise!"

"It’s okay. I don’t want to trouble anyone. Especially Sharon. Anyway thanks alot for today’s surprise. And handling my luggage for me right now. It’s prolly the best start to my 2 weeks holiday here."

"It was nice meeting you too. Out of my randomness. I have totally no idea what got into me. I don’t usually do this. And it’s my pleasure, my lady."

"Oh can you please stop!" You whined.

He chuckled and apologised although he knew that you were just joking. Both of you continued talking about the fandom and those memories duringDalmatian TV before dropping you at the nearest hotel.

You wanted to spazz about what happened earlier with tlist but in the end, decided not to. It would be too crazy for them to handle.

So you left a message on Petra’s kakao. I need to tell you something. But its gonna be our secret! Will kakao you tomorrow goodnight!


You placed your smartphone by the side of your bed and shut your eyes, trying to regulate your breathing because your heart was still beating fast. You nearly had a heart attack when your phone vibrated out of the blue. You reached out for it and clicked on the twitter DM.

DMTNDBOY : :)

You wished you could reply but no. You tossed it aside and rolled back and forth on your bed half squealing into your pillow.

Oh god please tell me it’s all just a dream!

This was something you have never dreamt of in your entire life.