Chapter 3

The man from heaven

At twilight, there were just some people wandering around in that deserted cemetary. The sunset of a sad day reflected its warm light into those cold tombs. The soughing sound of wind harmonizing perfectly with the birdsong gave the signal for the end of a day. Life was the same, like the dawn and sunset. Absolutely, they would die in some day but why God took him in a flash like that.

A young man was leaning his back onto the trees, moving his sore eyes to a tomb nearby. The colour of flowers made it more lively than other places in that secluded area. Staring blankly to a picture in his palm, his sad smile appeared in that lifeless face.

 

“I see you again. How are you? Are you sad?”

“You’re so excessive. We promised to grow old together. Why did you bring yourself to leave me so early?”

“Do you remember when you were off at school to take care of my pain leg? What did you say? You would become a doctor to heal all my pains and stay beside me forever”

“But how about now? Doctor never let their patients down like you, you fool”

“Winter is coming, my leg pains so much. Where are you? You’re a liar. I hate you.”

 

His monologue clashing in his mind, he raised his head to look straight to that bright smile without noticing tears running down so hard on his face. He wanted to burst into tears but impossible. That pain had shattered his hope, broken his fragile heart into pieces. His mental injuries was bleeding day by day and getting more and more tender. He missed those warm hands, that shining smile, sweet eyes, passionate embrace like crazy. Everything used to be his happiest moments in this life, but now they just dissolved like bubbles in front of his eyes.

 

A warm hand touching his shoulder, he wiped out his falling tears

“Khun hyung”

“Your feeling is breaking his heart!”

 

Khun said while putting a bouquet of white myosotics, the favorite flower of his younger brother on the tomb beside the one of Taec. He got closer to sit beside Teac, moving his dry eyes towards the breaking sunset in the horizon.

“I know Channie so well. He’s a good boy, never makes me worried. Although he is younger, he did all the hard works for me cause he didn’t want to see me tired”

“Since our parent’s death, we rely on each other to live, to grow up. But he has left me alone forever”

 

Khun kept his head down, trying to hide the bitterness coming from his voice. Taec remained silent when he knew that they were sharing the same pain in their heart.

“I always wonder why God doesn’t let me die with Channie. He stole all my beloved people out of my hand, my life now is meaningless”

“Hyung!”

“Not you, Taec. You’re the only son, you have a bright future ahead. Channie doesn’t want to see you like that”

“But I…”

“I know how deep your love is. I’m so grateful for you to embrace that precious feeling. But it’s time to let him go”

“Hyung! I can’t….”

“Let me finish it. I don’t force you to forget him, just continue your life, not lost in drunk all day”

Khun patted Taec’s shoulder gently

“Just let him rest in peace in your heart.

 

The rustling sound of footsteps coming made Taec and Khun startled

“Khun hyung! Taec! Both of you are here”

His pure voice broke up the silence.

“Hey, boys!

 

Woo and Junho came closer and gave them a sweet hug, tranferring their tiny warmth to two cold bodies. That cold was not from the outside but arose from the unhealed pain in their fragile hearts.

“How long have you been here? Eat anything yet?”

Junho left a bouquet of white myosotics flowers on the tomb beside the ones of Taec and Khun.

They just kept silent, only nodding to reply

Woo released a deep sigh:

“I guess that so I bring some food for you”

 

Woo put down a box full of bread and fruits while grabbing Junho’s hand to sit beside him. Without any words, they looked straight forward to the tomb where their beloved person was resting in peace. Those memories flashing back in their mind, reminded them of the past. A familiar voice resounded in the sunset like the echo of unfading reminiscence.

 

“Khun hyung! Remember to buy banana for me”

“Minjun hyung! I want to visit Honolulu”

“Woo hyung, let’s play “sae-sae-sae” with me”

“Hey Lee Jun Ho! How dare you take photos of me when I haven’t combed my hair yet?”

“I love you, Taec!”

 

The dark started to embrace the space; some stars appeared in the sky. That little angel probaly stayed in the heaven, turning into a bright guiding star to follow all his beloved people. Memoir was a mixed feeling between happy and sad memories. Just keep those beautiful moments alive in mind and let those pains rest peacefully in the corner of our heart. Taec raised his eyes to look up to the brightest star on the dark sky

“Channie, is that you? You don’t lie to me, you’re always beside me, right?

 

Khun crossed his hands on the lap, closing his eyes to feel the cold wind caressing his face, blowing away his hair. The phone ringing, he received a message from a strange number.

“Khunnie! I miss you!

 

On the other side, two little boys leaned on each other with their wringing hands. Happy smiles brightened up those childlike faces when Junho heard someone whispering on his ears.

“We will be together forever, right?”

Junho turned his head with a grin on his face, holding Woo’s hands more tightly than ever, nodding his head for a promise

 

Upon the sky, there was an angel with white wings looking down the world with a smile on his face. Eventually, he could start his new journey already. Giving a quick glance to those familiar figures, his eyes glued a bit longer on a young man with a perfect beauty. Something stuck in his throat when saying the last words, he finally spreaded out his wings to a front bright space. Then quickly disappered into a star shining in the sky.

“I love you, Taec”