Chapter 2

The man from heaven

Breaking dawn, the rays of sunlight sparkled through the window. Junho woke up, rubbing his eyes uncomfortably because of the direct light into his face. He was going to wake up someone beside but his hand was just up and down in the air. Turning around his head and saw no one, he grumbled: “Oh God, where he’s gone too early”.

 

Getting out of the room, a sudden sound from the kitchen smashing in his ears. When entering inside, he saw a familiar figure putting jam and butter into a plate of bread in front of his sight. His brown hair was tied in a bun at the back, a white-pale face and a small but smart eyes, he was attentively putting each slice of bread into a paper box and wrapped it carefully.

 

 “Hey, Woo!”

“Are you awake?”

 

A warm voice responded him with a mischievous smile flashing that face.

 

“Why did you get up so early? 8 a.m is our planned time for departure”

“I just want to make some desserts for us … and for those boys”

 

Junho nodded silently, throwing his body to a chair next the table. He knew what Woo said was right, Woo was very sensitive even to trivial things, he could read people’s mind well. Releasing a deep sigh, Junho said in concern:

 

 “Much worried for Teac’s situation, his feeling is still the same as one year ago”

“Even it’s getting worse.”

“He won’t do anything silly, will he?”

 

Woo shook his head, crossing his hands upon the chest and lifting his eyes to a high mountain in the end of horizon.

 

“I don’t know. If only time came back one year ago, I could give the answer right away. But now …“

 

Woo cut off his sentence and gave Junho a meaningful glance.

 

“Everything has changed, right?”

 

Without hearing the answer, he has already known the result. Since that worst event happened, Taec has completely changed into a different one. From a cheerful and energetic guy with smiles always appearing in his face, he has become a guy with dead soul and broken heart, drinking day by day and living on tears.

 

 “Hope that Khun hyung can console him”

 

Woo sighed heavily:

 

“No, he even can’t comfort his mind himself”

“I wish Minjun hyung were there, everything would be better”

“Maybe!”

 

Shortly, Woo and Junho realised how important Minjun was. The oldest boy from their group has gone away to pursue his dream and never came back only just one time. Even when that accident happened, there was still no trace of him. He just disappered out of this world as if he never existed. A flashing question appeared in Woo’s mind: “Where are you when we need you so bad?”

 

Lost in unending thought, an invisible anger for Minjun surged up within Woo’s heart.

 

“Junho! Don’t mention Minjun hyung before Khun hyung”

 

Junho nodded cause more than anyone else, he understood clealy what Woo was thinking. The person suffered the misery most from Minjun’s leaving was Khun hyung. They were always together from the childhood up to their mature. There was an invisible linking between those two men, an undefined relationship that has gone beyond the normal feeling of friendship and brotherhood. It was more profound and of course, more passionate. When one was leaving, it left a deep anguish for the other. Sometimes, that affection tasted sweet as honey but conversely, its bitter flavour could break someone’s heart into pieces. Shuddering for a while, Junho gave Woo an anxious glare. Although none of them confessed anything to each other, Woo has become a part of his soul for a very long time.

 

Catching Junho’s grieved eyes, Woo suddenly realised what his baby boy was concerning. He stepped closer, sitting beside and being absorbed in that boy with smiling eyes and beautiful smile. Holding Junho’s hands tightly and his brown wavy hair gently, Woo said in confuse

 

 “My Nuneo, what are you thinking about?”

“No, nothing… Nothing at all”

 

With red blushing cheek on his face, Junho turned his head around to avoid Woo’s glare. As if Woo could read all his mind if he got lost in those profound eyes .

 

Woo giggled at that cute action of Junho

 

 “So y, baby! I never let go of your hand”

“Dare you promise?”

“I do!”

“Do a pinky swear”

“Haizz, you’ve played this babyish game so many times”

“But you promised me before”

“Ok, ok. Let’s do it together”

“Hurahh! My Woo is the best!”

 

The laughter of two young men resounded in the kitchen, like the only light-beam shining up the dark shadow, which was covering the life of six people since that terrible accident. That nightmare would haunt for all the rest of their life when the cruel fate took the most beloved friend out of their reach forever.