Chapter Two

My Macchiato, His Black Coffee
Chapter Two
nothing nothing nothingnothing nothing nothing
 
 
I stared at the drawings on my ceiling. It was like a scrapbook. Each drawing told the story of an important day in my life. It was my life, all the sad and the happy memories merged into one big blob. My eyes gravitated to a sketch painted in blood red. I remember that day. A small sigh escaped my lips. I had drawn that one just after Ae Sook had left. You could see the pain just pooring out of it. In every there was anger, sadness, betrayal. How could she leave me like that? It was hard to think I had ever missed someone so deeply, especially her. I had gotten over it though. I got over her. And she got over me too.
 
Things did get better though. There was no way they could get any worse. My eyes drifted to view the doodles of my friends, the names of boyfriends crossed out and painted over, the happier memories. I shifted in my bed to view another drawing. It was a softer piece, a little cherry blossom in black and white, but it held no importance anymore. There was no sentimental value, no meaning. I didn't need it. I looked over at my side table. Without looking, I pulled open the last drawer and pulled out a small tube of white paint and a thin brush. 
 
With a few the doodle was gone and forgotten, a new sketch ready to take its place. My hands d in the same drawer, this time looking for a pencil. I pulled out a black pencil and I began to draw. I drew without thinking. Like all the other drawings on my celing, it was done without a thought. Whatever I had felt managed to find it's way onto that canvas. I stood on my tiptoes to reach it, the soft matress and sheets of my bed supporting me. In about fifteen minutes, it was finished. 
 
I fell down on my bed to view my latest creation. A cup of coffee and a macchiato. "Hahaha!" I laughed like a mad man. The coffee was in a tall cup, filled to the brim. Steam circled above it, rooting from the river of black coffee into oblivion. A stout, porcelain cup hid behind it. Foam overlapped it, sliding down its sides. It was adorned with a criss-crossed pattern of grey goop. A reciept propped up against the tall cup of coffee.
 
It read, "One macchiatto, one black coffee."
 

Short, cute chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next.