Rainbow

Rainbow

 

 

 

Rainbow

 

 

Millions tears start to fall from the sky and gently drop against earth. People were rushing to find a place where they can be safe from getting wet. Some were irritated because of the disturbance to their hurried lives and some were just staring blankly into nothingness as if they were being hypnotized by the sound of the rain. 

 

And me? I'm walking under the rain with a smile on my face, enjoying the cold rainy afternoon. Some were looking at me like I have gone crazy, but I didn't care, the rain gives me solace and the cold breeze warms my heart. 

 

Because the rain reminds me of her. 

 

My mind wandered to our past. I can clearly remember those days with her. On rainy days we just cooped up on our bed, she'll just lean her head on my shoulders while I strum my guitar, playing the song that I wrote for her, those times where we just lay down whispering sweet nothings to each other. I closed my eyes, trying to remember the sound of her voice  that always brings me comfort and I swear I felt a tickle in my spine each time I hear her soft voice. 

 

We are happy. Things seemed light and lovely in my eyes since I met her, best years of my life I might add until I messed up. I ed up her life and broke her soul. 

 

I remember the day she left; I can still recall every feeling, every moment of that day, from the feel of the tears that fell down my cheeks, to seeing the wetness of her eyes as she bid me goodbye, begging me to let her go. Even the warmth from the embrace between us, that ended much to quickly. I needed her, I yearned for her, she was all I had and she was leaving. 

 

That was six years ago, I'm not going to say that letting her go was the right thing to do but I didn't regret doing so. It was painful, letting her slip away from my arms broke my heart into tiny pieces and everyday I was struggling to live my life without her, in the past, there was never a time that I could no longer sleep without awakening in tears. 

 

But as they say, life has to move on. 

 

That's what I did. When she left, I realized one thing. She is not the only one who is broken, I am too, as well. I am already broken when I met her, she tried to heal me but I ended up pulling her down with me, I was blinded by my hate towards my father, I was in denial back then, and it was already too late when I finally accepted that fact. 

 

I have my own monster too, and that's when I understood why she has to leave. She needs to heal by herself and so am I. We are both the life line and the destruction of each other and pushing ourselves to keep us together will ruin us both, we're dangerous. 

 

With this on my mind, I have finally let go of my hate that I buried deep in my heart. I picked myself up and get my act together and face my demon. I've finally have the courage to let go of my past and forgive my father. I patched things up with him and I felt like the weight that I had carried for years was finally lifted. 

 

I finally found peace and contentment. 

 

But I have one secret to tell. 

 

I didn't kept my promise to her. She told me before that I should not wait for her and instead live my life and let fate bring us back together. 

 

I live my life alright...but I locked my heart for her. 

 

 

And only her has the power to unlock it. 

 

Fate? 

 

I chose my own fate. 

 

 

==========

 

The color of sunset slowly spread in the horizon. My gazed fix on the girl on a peach sundress walking leisurely along the shore barefoot, her sandals swinging on her hand, not minding if its already raining. I shook my head disbelievingly,  her impact on me never changed, I still couldn't take my eyes of her. 

 

I felt my heart sommersaulted when a smile spreads across her face when she looks up the sky. The dress she's wearing clings on her body and dances around the air when she twirled. I just watched her with joy and I wanted to join her dance but I decided not to, cause I don't want to miss the wonderful view.

 

The once deep blue ocean has turned gold in color with the reflection twilight. She stops dancing. Her smile still glued on her face while she pants at her excitement. She was giggling to herself and  I could tell how much she likes the perfect harmony of sun and rain. 

 

And that is my cue. I slowly walked towards her, she was now sitting on the sand with a stick on her hand moving slowly on the sand. I just stood in front of her and waited for her to noticed me. My wait didn't take long for as soon as she saw my shoes she looked up at me and my breath hitch up seeing her eyes for the first time in six years, they were lively, full of happiness and contentment, they were no longer the distant ones that haunts me, a reminder how badly I messed up her life. 

 

Her eyes widened when realization hist her, wide opened as she stares back at me. I reached for hand and gently pulled her up, she must've realized that I was there all this time watching her and I have witness her little rain dance, I held back my laugh when I saw the blush on her face and she bowed her head down shyly. 

 

"I found you" I gently told her and she took a deep breath before she slowly lifted her head up and look at me and I welcomed her eyes with my loving gaze. "You can see now" It was not a question but rather a statement and she nodded her head. 

 

"Jiyong..." She whispered my name hesitantly. Her eyes were full of questions. I know she wasn't expecting to see me, she probably taught that I already forgotten about her. But how can I when she is the person who owns my heart. I saw her open and before she was able to speak, my fingers glided across her lips, feeling its softness, and the moment she closes her eyes, I leaned closer to her and kissed her. 

 

Our kiss goes on, soft and gentle, sweet by the taste of rain, and warm from the heat of love. Every nerve of my body is tingling. Time seems to stop at that moment. The fainted gold of the sun has stayed long. The colors of this twilight remain, while the tender rain shines on every drop by the faint gold of the resting sun. 

 

We were both catching our breaths when we pulled out from our kiss. Our forehead touching each other, our eyes staring back at each other, deep and intense. 

 

Just as I was about to speak, I heard her voice "Forgive me for leaving you Jiyong but believe me when I say that you are always in my dreams, I always see you. I want to feel you in my arms. I longed to hear your voice, your songs and there was never a time that I forget about you and I---" 

 

"I love you Dara." Before she starts blabbering I cut her off, and her eyes widened upon hearing my words. "We have made mistakes in the past, we have broken each other's heart and I do not know if coming here for you is the right thing to do but one thing I know well is that I want you to walk with me in this new journey of my life, you said before that if we are meant to be, fate will bring us back together but you should know that I want it to be you, that one person that is meant for me and so here I am, choosing my fate and its you. Only you"

 

I looked at her worriedly. Tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes, her clasped hands covering . "Please say something" I begged her, my eyes searching for hers. I was taken aback when she suddenly cupped my face and kissed me chastily; and I let out a relieve sigh. 

 

"I love you Jiyong. I always have." 

 

We walk side by side at the shore. Our hands entwined with each other. The rain finally stops but the sky is still gold. I looked up the sky and I saw a rainbow just above us. A smile crept on my face as I remember another cliche' sayings. 

 

There's a rainbow after the rain.