Chapter 3

Happy Endings Exist (Hiatus)

Previously: The door closed softly and then opened again. This time it wasn't Siwon...It was Hankyung. Even though I was deep in sleep I was completely aware that he was now lying beside me. Was he lying beside me as a friend or more....?

The blue writing is when Heechul has his arguments with himself in his head

Hankyung POV:

I come out of a hot shower to calm my nerves when I pass by Siwon and Heechul’s room. I don’t want to suddenly burst in because I never know what I might see. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if I see Heechul and Siwon becoming SiChul, the fans really love it but I despise it. Even though Siwon is my friend, I can’t help but see him as my rival. Sure he’s a little too close with Kibum but my assumptions could wrong. They could very well be hiding it. I make myself walk past it tensely only to hear loud, frustrated yelling. 

Was it Heechul? Of course it is. I know his sweet voice all too well. It sounds sweet even when yelling like that. But why was he yelling? I might have taken it too far. Ok. I did. I don’t know what comes over me. I’m perfectly normal until I’m near him then I suddenly go all erted on him. 

I tentatively walk towards the room and silence is all that I hear. I inhale shakily as I begin to hear stifled sobbing. What have I done?!

My hand reaches the door knob but I quickly pull it back. He needs alone time, as do I. I can’t bring myself to leave though. He doesn’t want to see me but I need to be there with him. If he cries, I do too. So I sit there on the floor directly in front of the door with my head in my hands as I let out a loud sigh to make up for my silent tears.

Siwon looks down at me with a sympathetic expression, “I’ll go calm him down.” All I could do is nod. I feel so helpless as I sit there silently. Why do I always have to mess everything up? I just want, no need, him near me. I guess that’s good enough right? It’s better than being oceans apart. We’d never be anyway but I still feel as if I have to try.

Before I know it, Siwon walks out of the room and says, “He finally fell asleep. He had a really good cry. Donghae told me cries very often these days.” He raises up my head, “And you do too. You need to fix your problem because it’s affecting him as well.”

As he enters Kibum’s room, I quietly slip into the room. My eyes fall upon Heechul wrapped in his blanket, sleeping on his left side. I lie down beside him and watch him sleep. My hand moves and brushes his soft dark brown hair out of his face. His tear tracks were visible and it went straight to my heart. I could hear it breaking more if possible.

I whisper in his ear, “I’m sorry...I love you but for some reason I can’t stop myself. You have some special effect on me…I can’t live without you...You’re my life, Rella.” 

I don’t want to leave his side but I bet he would be pretty spooked if he woke up beside me. I leave the room and head for mine. For the rest of the night, I stare at the ceiling bursting with different emotions, tears blurring my vision.

Heechul POV:

I wake up and I immediately look around for a trace of Hankyung. Did I dream all that? It couldn’t have happened. Hankyung is just messing with me. I get off the bed and I take a relaxing lavender bath. Then I dress in black skinny jeans, a long sleeved white v-neck and a pair of white converse. 

When I walk into the kitchen everything is normal, except for Eunhyuk’s devious expression. He’s planning something. I wonder what because Leeteuk cancelled the spying thing. To be honest I’m proud and scared of him at the same time. Ryeowook and Sungmin set everyone’s breakfast and sit down next to their admirers. Yesung blushes like the fool he is and my dear dongsaeng tries to act normal but I see his fail. Sigh, Kyuhyun. Sigh. 

Eunhyuk whispers something in Sungmin’s ear and Sungmin looks scandalized. Siwon and Kibum have a kind of creepy but cute eye connection going on. Yesung and Ryeowook talk about muffins for some reason which I don’t care about. But getting a muffin does sound good right now. I’m going to eat a blueberry muffin later. Yep that’s my plan for today.

“Hyung.”

I snap out of my reverie and turn to Kyuhyun, “Yes, Kyuhyunnie?”

“Um…I need your help with something really important.”

All the others chime in, “We can help too maknae if it’s so important. Unless you’re hiding something.”

Donghae speaks above everyone, “Chill everyone. He just wants hyung to help him get y looking skin. I mean just look at hyung.”

If I didn’t know better I would say, “Omo Donghae. That’s the most idiotic cover-up ever,” but I really can’t believe that everyone actually believes it. Is my skin so gorgeous?

‘The almighty Kim Heechul is actually questioning being gorgeous?’

‘Of course not.’

“I just heard you, you baka’

‘We’re not in Japan, you babo’

‘You just called yourself an idiot’

‘Oh whatever. Why do you always have to hate on me?’

‘Because someone has to.’

‘You’re just jealous’

‘So what if I am?’

‘You know what, I’m gonna stop thinking now. I can’t believe I actually argue with myself’


I get up from my seat and storm out the room, forgetting the other members were there as well. I pass Kibum’s room and hear giggling. Siwon giggles? I shrug and head to my room and flop down on my bed face first. I jolt when I feel a poke on my back. It’s Kyuhyun. I forgot about him. Hehe oops.

“What’s your problem Kyuhyunnie?”

“Well hyung, as you know about my liking Sungmin-hyung, I need you to help me act normal around him.”

“Kyuhyunnie, I’m sorry but you know my problems with Hankyung. I can’t help with that.”

“I just feel like I’m going to explode so I have to tell someone what’s on my mind.”

“Ok, fire away.”

He takes a deep breath, “Sungmin hyung is the most beautiful person I’ve ever met, his smile makes me want to melt and my heart beats faster every time he calls me ‘Kyu.’ The way he wrinkles his nose when he sleeps is so adorable that I stole a kiss one time. His hand on mine sets my soul on fire and when I’m near him, only then am I truly happy. I can’t be without him.”

I can’t even blink. He has guts to admit all that. As I’m about to reply the closet doors fly open and Kyuhyun looks mortified. No one in the room speaks. Not me, not Kyuhyun and not Eunhyuk who was in the closet, hiding from Donghae who still hasn’t found him in their game of Hide and Seek.

Kyuhyun is the first to speak, and frantically at that, “Hyung! Please don’t tell Sungmin hyung! I beg you!”

“I’m not going to tell him. Hell, you brought me to tears in there. I’m going to help you though.”

I’m still silent before I tackle Kyuhyun, “Wahh both my dongsaengs are in love!! I feel like I’m going to puke out of happiness.”

Eunhyuk pouts, “Hae is in love with someone and he didn’t tell me? Who is he in love with!!?”Kyuhyun and I exchange glances and we both say, “Bada.”Eunhyuk immediately perks up at hearing that. Hahaha fool.

A knock on my door sends us all jumping, Hankyung stands in the doorway looking as awkward as ever. Oh no! Leeteuk has sent for us. Better make a run for it.

Kyuhyun jumps out the window and I try to escape but then Hankyung has his hands on my shoulders and I can feel his hot breath on my nape. “Come on Chullie. Kyuhyunnie’s getting caught outside already anyway.”

I let him drag me; I’m completely defeated anyway. He sits next to me and we both are tense. I wonder if he notices. I see Kyuhyun being dragged inside by the collar. We're doomed.

Leeteuk skips in, yes he skips in. And he insists he isn’t on anything but pink lemonade. There’s something in that lemonade I tell you. So everyone is seated to form a circle with Leeteuk standing in the middle. 

“Everyone listen up! I bet you’re wondering why I’ve called everyone and why you’re sitting in a circle. First off, this is now Secret Telling with Leeteuk time! And second, you’re sitting in a circle for my own amusement. Now who wants to go first?”

The room is silent. No one is going to confess any secret of theirs, and I’m sure as hell not the one to do it either. Leeteuk suddenly spazzes out and runs into his room and brings out several bottles of…pink lemonade? It’s real?!

“We are going to play a little game that I call, ‘Truth or Dare or else you will have to whisper something extremely secret into my ear.” (Gahh.Lame.)

Normal POV

Heechul’s eye twitches but he goes along with it because he’s just as scared as everyone else. Ryeowook is chosen first and he picks dare because he’s bad like that. 

“Ryeowookie, I dare you to tell the truth about what you did in the shower last night. Every single erted bit of truth. Yeah I heard you.”

Ryeowook flushes and focuses on the floor, “I-I…I jacked off! I thought of his voice and his mouth all over me and I friken touched myself all over. Happy now?”

Yesung’s eyes shot wide open and his mouth hangs open. He feels his pants tighten but there’s a pillow on his lap anyway so no one notices. Leeteuk smirks, “Yes. Very. Thank you for telling me.”

“Hyung!”

Sungmin looks up from playing with his plush bunny which he carries everywhere and talks to, “Yes, Ryeowookie?”

“Truth or Dare?”

“Truth”

“Hm…I’ve always wondered…what kind of things do you tell your bunny when Kyuhyunnie is asleep? I hear you talk but Kyu never complains or anything.”

“Oh…um...I talk about how my day was and I say things that are on my mind.”

“Kyuhyunnie, Truth or Dare?”

“Um…Err...Truth.”

“Tell us who you like. You never talk about it.”

Cheers erupt from everyone except Donghae, Heechul and Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun takes one look at Sungmin’s teasing face and he suddenly yells out, “Secret Telling Time with Leeteuk!!”

The trio who knew let out the breaths they had been unconsciously holding as Kyuhyun nervously walked up to Leeteuk.

“Tell me who you like.” Kyuhyun sighs while his face and neck are completely red. “I-It’s Sungmin-hyung.”

Leeteuk squeals, “Ahhh!!! So cute!!! I won’t say a word.”

Kyuhyun sits back down and tries to ignore Sungmin’s pout, “Eunhyuk-hyung, Truth or Dare?”

“Aww hell I’m gonna go with dare.”

“Kiss Donghae-hyung.”

Donghae’s heart beats faster than it normally does and he turns tomato-red. Eunhyuk looks scandalized and he’s blushing just as hard as Donghae. 

“Do it!” Siwon of all people shouts. Soon the entire room cheers when Eunhyuk puts his hand on Donghae’s already burning cheek and he kisses his forehead. Donghae is frozen as Eunhyuk kisses his forehead. Heechul waves his hand in front of Donghae’s face but he doesn’t respond. Some members are disappointed because they thought he was going to kiss his lips but Eunhyuk speaks, “I just want to keep our fishy’s innocence, just look at him right now.”

Donghae suddenly turns back to normal and Eunhyuk asks Siwon the question and Siwon chooses dare and to his secret pleasure, he is dared to make out with Kibum. Kibum grins and they both end up in Kibum’s room which means Eunhyuk has to sleep in Donghae’s room tonight which has a free bed because Shindong is spending time at Nari’s house. Leeteuk chooses Heechul and Heechul is dared to drink the mysterious pink lemonade. 

Heechul eyes the liquid then he chugs in one go. Everyone’s eyes widen to an unimaginable size when Heechul’s grin suddenly matches Leeteuk’s. He is next and he chooses dare to which he has to strip to his boxers,stand on the roof and shout something loud enough for everyone to hear.

At the speed of light he reaches the roof and he strips down and shouts out, “I wish HanChul was real!!”

All the fangirls outside spazz and they wish that they had brought their cameras. They resort to drinking before they end up on the news due to dares. Heechul, Donghae and Kyuhyun end up in Heechul’s bedroom after they calm Heechul down.

“We have to be careful in what we do from now on. We never know who could be listening right now,” says Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, you could have been found out Kyu.”

“I really meant what I said on the roof.”

Kyuhyun and Donghae look at Heechul empathically.

In The Living Room

Hankyung, Yesung, Sungmin and Eunhyuk sit in the living room silently. Hankyung speaks first, “Do you think Heechul really meant that?”

“I honestly have no idea. They say when you’re drunk you speak your mind,” says Sungmin.

“I hope he did. “

That night as Hankyung lay on his bed only one thing ran through his mind.

‘I wish HanChul was real!!’

"I wish HanChul was real too."