You don't need a high vocabulary! Well, kind of.

OHSEHOON'S WORKSHOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To write a good story, you absolutely do not need an extremely high vocabulary... so put your vocabulary list away!

From what I have drawn, most of the asianfanfics community happens to be teenagers... with a limited-not-so-limited vocabulary.

So what? These big words make my story sound better!

No... they don't. They actually make your story confusing. It's hard to follow when a reader has to look through their dictionaries to look up every other word throughout the story.  Also, some words have different connotations¹... so your word choice will convey a different meaning and head a different direction... or no direction at all, depending on the words you choose.

However, this does not give you the excuse to write like a complete imbecile.

When you are writing your story, consider your readers as you are typing it all out. If it helps, read your sentences out loud and make sure that they make sense. If your story gives me a headache within the first few sentences, I'm not going to give it a chance regardless of how interesting the story line happens to be.

You're probably wondering, then how the heck do I write?!

You write in between. With every high and low there's a median, right? Right.

I'll provide some examples of high, low and medium styles of writing.

HIGH STYLE: Chanyeol has committed forms of adultery abaft the tail of his naive, despiteful monogamist. His perturbed manner raise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter