Chapter 2.

Long Live

Long Live

Part I
-Chapter 2-


She was lying in hospital, with Annie sitting on the bed and her parents on chairs next to it. She could hear again, but the doctors had made clear that it had been another phase and that she eventually would become completely deaf. With that kind of news, nobody was in the mood of talking or being happy. Annie was holding her hand and they were listening to music- Lindy wanted to spend the time she had left just listening to her favourite songs, she wanted to remember them even when she was deaf. She wanted them to accompany her throughout her life. She wanted to be able to sing them even when she couldn’t hear them.

Lindy had cried a lot after learning that she’d lose her ability to hear. She would’ve been okay with losing her eyesight, with being bound to a wheelchair; but her ears? No matter how low she’d been in her life, music had always accompanied her. There had always been a song fitting her mood. So what should she do without music?

She looked around the room. Her mother’s eyes were puffy and red from crying, and her father was unusual quiet. It was just Annie who tried hard to behave normal- she knew how Lindy hated when people pitied her or even worried or cried about her. She simply disliked people being sad because of her. And even though Lindy knew that Annie felt miserable because of her best friend lying in hospital, she still kept smiling with her. And that was what made her feel better, really. Knowing that even though her life would change drastically, Annie would still be there, until the end.

She squeezed her best friend’s hand as a nurse entered. Everybody looked up, but Annie and Lindy didn’t stop the music. Lindy had promised herself to listen to it until the very end. “Okay, so… You can go now, Lindy. Come back if something happens.” The nurse said and Lindy nodded whilst getting on her feet. Her mother tried to convince the nurse of the need of Lindy staying in hospital, but everybody told her that it was of the better if she returned to her ‘natural habitat’. And Lindy actually liked that- she was tired of the white hospital walls and the smell of antiseptics.

Once she arrived home, she hurried into her room, followed by Annie, and turned up the music. She’d promised herself she wouldn’t listen to any new songs, for she wanted to treasure the ones she already knew. Together with Annie, she started dancing through her room, and both of them sang to the music. Even though they got the lyrics wrong, they didn’t care. Tears started flowing from both sides, but they didn’t stop singing and dancing. And neither her mom nor her dad told them to turn down the volume.

This moment was perfect. If Lindy were to die right there, she wouldn’t mind.

***

Because of the promise Lindy had made to herself, it didn’t surprise Annie that she got a ‘no’ as an answer for the question whether her best friend had already checked out the new video of Bigbang.

“You should!” Annie insisted and held the mobile under Lindy’s nose. “It’s not a song. Just watch it. Taeyang uploaded it!” But Lindy refused to watch it. She didn’t want to be remembered of the fact that one day, she wouldn’t be able to listen to his voice ever again. The phases of deafness had come more often the past few weeks and everytime, Lindy feared that it might not go away again. But so far, she’d been lucky. Looking back, she’s sure that she’d only been able to hear so long because fate wanted her to see the video Annie told her to watch.

When she gave in, Annie clapped into her hands and started the video. Its name was Taeyang’s message to Lindy, which caused Lindy’s eyebrows to shoot up. You’re not the only one called like that, she warned herself. Taeyang, or Youngbae, as Lindy preferred, first sang. Lindy had never heard that song before, so she assumed it was self-composed for the video. She glared at Annie, but she didn’t react.

“Hey, Lindy,” Taeyang began after he’d finished the beautiful song, “Okay, so, I’m a little awkward filming this. We met on our World Tour three months ago, you were taken away because you suddenly couldn’t hear. I just wanted to say that I hope you’re all better and that you come see us live again. Maybe we can meet again. Just don’t keep your head down, your face is too pretty to be hidden like that. Himnae, Lindy-ya!” He smiled into the camera and then, the video was over. Lindy looked up at Annie, whose eyes were sparkling. Lindy, however, felt herself tearing up, the crybaby she was.

“Was that… for me?” She asked and looked at the black screen. Annie nodded and hugged Lindy. “You know, that’s what every fan dreams about.” Lindy wanted to agree, but then shoved Annie aside and shook her head.

“No, no. He’s just pitying me.” She jumped up, she didn’t want to believe it. It was just impossible that Dong Youngbae was caring for her. That really was impossible, for he had only seen her a few minutes and hadn’t even been able to talk to her. She totally freaked out the first time they’d met. She sank onto her knees. This was just so wrong.

“Stop that, Lindy! You should be happy and freak out instead of acting like an insane person.” Annie said, and even though Lindy knew she was right, she shook her head.

“But Annie,” she whispered, looking at her hands, “I am going insane.”

***

After he turned off the camera, he looked at the boys sitting on the other side of it. “Too cheesy?” He asked, but Jiyong waved it aside.

“Not at all.” He said, hugging his best friend from behind. “But what exactly do you want to reach with it?” Everybody looked at Youngbae. He didn’t know. All he knew was that he couldn’t forget the girl’s face when she’d realized she had to go. It was as if something inside of her had died. And he couldn’t forget how she’d looked when Bigbang had entered the room she was sitting in. All the horror was gone for a second. He’d seen hope and love in her eyes, and something inside of him had warmed up. It had killed him, not knowing what happened to her. He did understand bits of the things her friend- who introduced herself as Annie- had said, but that hadn’t been enough. Something about a disease. Youngbae sighed, looking at the camera.

“Anyways,” Seungri interrupted, and Bae looked at his friend, “How are the English lessons going?” A smile appeared on Youngbae’s lips, and he shrugged. It was going great, to be honest. After meeting up with the girls in Sydney, he’d promised to learn English. He usually was speaking English with Chaerin, which made it easier to learn.

“Good, actually.” He said, stretching his muscles that ached from training, “Next time we’ll go to Australia, I’ll speak fluently.”

“… And find her and fall for her~~” Daesung sang. His hands were pressed against his heart and he looked at Seunghyun with a lovely expression on his face. The elder pushed him away with a chuckled: “Yaaah~ So cheesy~” And all had to laugh. Youngbae joined the laughter, but on the inside wished that what Daesung said was true. 

saranghae

That's one short Chapter, I'm sorry, but there was nothing more to say, really. The following Chapter will be longer, that's a promise! Subscribe, Comment and upvote if you like it! :) ♥

credits - contradictori