three

Touch

Myungsoo woke up that morning after several slaps and kicks from Sungyeol. He didn’t mean to be in such a deep sleep, but he couldn’t help it. Only in his dreams could he hold her hands again.

 

“I swear, your start getting lazy right when December hits.” Sungyeol twirled his wet towel and smack Myungsoo yet again, this time, finally able to awaken the beasts.

 

“We have a hair appointment in 20. Better hurry,” Woohyun said, walking into the dorm they shared together and spraying his overly masculine cologne that Hoya got him for his birthday.

 

“Get your beauty sleep princess?”

 

Myungsoo nodded nonchantly, scratching the back of his head as he crawled his way into the bathroom.

 

Woohyun walked over to Sungyeol while Myungsoo was in the bathroom, talking in a lower voice.

 

“Did you hear him talking in his sleep yesterday?”

 

“Who couldn’t? All I heard was, mianhe, mianhe all night. Wonder who he’s talking about though?”

 

Woohyun looked up at the ceiling with his arms crossed, showing his thinking face. “Could it be Doyeon he’s dreaming about?”

 

“Ani ani ani, he hates her guts too much for that to be it. Didn’t you say he had some girl’s phone number yesterday?”

 

“Yea, and he seemed real nervous about it too.”

 

“Hmm, interesting.” Sungyeol his chin and breathed in, almost choking on Woohyun’s strong scent.

 

“Oh lord and need to wear less cologne dear god,” Sungyeol fanned his way out of the room, leaving Woohyun to smell himself.

 

“I don’t smell that bad.” 

 

After washing himself up in the bathroom, he wiped his hand past the steamy mirror, and groaned when he saw how puffy his eyes were.

 

Was I crying or something?

 

He tried to recall his dream, but all he could put together was that it was about Suzy.

 

 

Suzy sat on the makeup chair, browsing her phone while her stylists, Hayoung, was curling her hair into the casual waves she usually sported.

 

 Jia sat next to her getting her eyebrows plucked, while Fei and Min perfected some dance steps.

 

‘ah-deuk.’

 

Suzy clicked on the Kakao Talk symbol after hearing the cute notification sound. She crooked her head, since I was a message from an unknown contact.

 

From: 930-273-3570

 

‘Your eyes sparkle more than the Han River at night. ‘

 

Her eyebrows furrowed, feeling stalked yet thankful for the compliment. “Bwoh I haven’t given my number out to anyone. Unnies, did you give my number to anyone?”

 

They all shook their heads, answering with ‘nope’ and ‘aniyo, wae.’

 

“Oh it’s nothing. Just wondering.”

 

She looked back at her phone, and stared at the number again.

 

‘May I ask who this is?’

 

She replied to the mystery message, and then waited for a response. She usually would block messages from unknown numbers, since they were usually saseangs or overly attached fans, but this, this compliment just seemed different.

 

3570, why do those numbers sound so familiar?

 

 

Myungsoo rubbed his palms against his pants repeating, since they were sweating like crazy.

 

He cursed at himself in his head, after foolishly sending that message without even a second thought.

 

God why did I click send so quickly when I couldn’t even build up the nerve yesterday.

 

"Your eyes sparkle like the Han River at night." He sent that to her after a he got out of the shower after thinking about the millions of things he could say.

 

Still, he didn’t want to put himself in front of her yet. What if she’s still hurt? What is she’s completely forgotten? What is she doesn’t want anything to do with the loser who hurt her?”

 

So, he sent her a saying instead of a “hi” or “it’s Myungsoo.”

 

This way, maybe if she thought hard enough, she would know who he was without having him tell her. After all, the Han River was another thing they both shared in their hearts. If she knew it was him, then that means she still remembers.

 

His heart dropped when he heard his phone ding, and opened the message, only to have sink even further.

 

‘May I as who this is?’

 

Who was I kidding. She wouldn’t remember memories of the guy who hurt her.

 

He locked his phone, not even replying since he was just torn.

 

So she doesn’t remember.

 

 

Suzy curled her toes waiting for the next message she received to be, “Myungsoo.” She didn’t realize it at first, but it hit after a second after she replied.

 

‘ The Han River at Night ‘

 

[ flashback, valentine’s day, 2008]

 

The two panted, gasping for air after their hour sprint.

 

“I win, V-day dinner, it’s on you.” Suzy said, losing her breath as sweat dripped down her forehead.

 

Myungsoo frowned, since he was ever so confident on winning the race. “When did you get so fast?”

 

“Look at my legs aren’t they long?” Suzy said, gesturing her hands to flaunt off her legs.

 

Myungsoo nodded, it was true, she was taller then the average korean girl. He handed her the water after he took a couple gulps, which she drank gladly.

 

“Arasso, we’ll get some pasta later.” He put both hands on his hips, making a superman pose and staring at the view the bridge gave them. It over looked the Han River, which seemed almost surreal at this time. The skies were changing colors, giving a perfect ombre effect.

 

“Shouldn’t we eat jajangmyun? We are single after all.” Suzy kidded, since it was a Korean tradition to eat jajangmyun on love holidays in you’re single.

 

“We have each other. If anyone stares at us, we’ll just say we’re dating each other.” Myungsoo grinned, making a heart with his fingers.

 

“OW!” He winced, after being playfully pushed by Suzy into the bridge railing.

 

“Dating each other my .” Myungsoo laughed at her, and how she got so cute when she was mad.

 

The two stood there for a minute, observing the beauty in front of them.

 

“Is this our place?” He asked.

 

She raised his eyes at him. “Place?”

 

“You know, like a friendship place. The Han River, 2Soo’s place of worship.”

 

“More like a place to get away when all the pains of being a teenager. Speaking of that, I failed my math test yesterday too, I felt like I was going to get skinned alive by my dad.” She expressed, rubbing her forehead frustratingly.

 

“Don’t stress out too much Suji-ah.” He comforted her, knowing that she worked hard. “It’s just one test.”

 

“Ani, it’s not just one test. I went to practice and fell three times last night afterwards. Then I couldn’t sleep, and what if, what if that cycle just continues. I’ll never get anywhere in life.”

 

He hung his arm around her shoulder, messing up her hair while doing so. “Aish, you don’t know the first thing about yourself Bae Suji.”

 

“What and you do?”

 

Myungsoo nodded, which she probably thought was no big deal. But to him, she has so many amazing qualities.

 

Her determination to never give up no matter what.

Her uncanny sense of humor.

The way she handles being bullied by all the upperclassmen for being his friend.

Her voice.

Her smile.

Her high-pitched laugh that could literally light up a room.

How she was so mature even though she was only barely a teenager.

 

She was unaware he was looking at her, but he beamed, just observing the way her eyes were so enticed with the scenery.

 

The lights coming from the lamppost made her eyes twinkle as the atmosphere grew darker, making him wonder how someone could be so beautiful.

 

[ end of flashback ]

 

Suzy bit her lip with anxiousness, since the unknown number had not replied yet. In her gut, she had a guess at who it was, but she just had to be sure.

 

“We’re here.”

 

Miss A’s manager led the four girls into the back door of the Music Bank Arena. They did their normal routine, walking into their dressing room to get changed into their Hush outfits.

 

Other artists were getting their makeup done in the cramped backstage room, while other artists were changing like them, and others ran around.

 

 

His head peeked out the door every few minutes, just to go straight back in after not seeing her figure pass by.

 

He let out a little “ah!’ as he was pulled by the collar of his camo-print, netted shirt and dragged onto the couch by no other then no eyes and namstar.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun clicked their heads together and gave him a look.

 

“Spill it kid.” Sunggyu said, inching closer to him like a detective.

 

“Who is she, name and picture please. I want it and I want it now.” Woohyun interrogated, obviously playing the bad cop role.

 

“Didn’t you parents teach you not to be so nosy sheesh.” He replied, trying to get back up.

 

Woohyun pulled him back down, and tried him for his phone.

 

Quick as a cheetah, Myungsoo’s hand snatched the phone up from the couch, and waved ‘no, no, no’ at Woohyun.

 

“You were secretive about Doyeon too, and you see how that went didn’t you?” Sunggyu said, trying to make a point.

 

“Maybe we’ll like this one this time.” Sunggyu and him laughed, since none of the members actually liked the chocolate eating ulzzang that he shared a scandal with.

 

They were okay with her at first, cause it was no where in their place for them to interfere with his love choices, but after she started tweeting so carelessly like that, they despised her.

 

She knew everything she was doing. The mess that Myungsoo would be in if anyone found out, the damage it could to his career, yet recklessly, she did it anyways. And not even with the littlest bit of secretly. It was so apparent that a five year old could figure it out.

 

“She’s not like Doyeon, trust me.” Myungsoo assured, regretting his last girlfriend. Thank god that’s over. He was disgusted after she didn’t apologized or accept her fault in the whole matter even once. Just complained that she ‘missed’ him.

 

“Aigo, myungie-ah, just tell us hyungs. Pl-“

 

Sunggyu was cut off by Sungyeol who turned around shirtless, after getting a text.

 

“Omo! How did you get Suji’s number?!”

 

__________________________________

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments? It really gets me pumped up to write more chapters. ::)))))) and also please suscribe for more myungzy loving. jah feel