one

Touch

*** fyi, for all my previous readers: I was really stuck on how to write it, so I took a different direction. It's still pretty much the same plot and story, except I write it in another style. one which I believe, is ten times better than the two chaps I had put up before. Please let me know your opinions in the comments below. And yes, it's still Myungzy living their idol lives, so enjoy. muaahhh <3 ***

 

Myungsoo sat at the edge of the bottom bunk, with both elbows resting on his knees. He clutched the black phone in his palm, only looking at the digits dialed, but not called.

 

013-215-9919.

 

His thumb hovered over the call button, only to be retreated back after he chickened out, yet again.

 

Woohyun looked at his fellow member, bewildered at what he could possibly be thinking about.

 

“Uh Kim Myungsoo, you alright there?” Woohyun waved his hand over Myungsoo’s phone screen, snapping him out of it.  “You’ve been weird since we got back from the recording.

 

“Ani, I’m fine. Just a little sidetracked.”

 

Woohyun, who has the curiosity of a cat raised his head a bit, and looked at the visual’s phone screen. “Oooh, did you score a number? Who is it? Yura? Naeun?”

 

Myungsoo raised his leg up and kicked the nosy grease trap in the shin, causing Woohyun to hop back on one leg in pain.

 

“Nam Woohyun, mind your own business.”

 

“That’s Nam Woohyun hyung to you!”

 

“Hah, when you start using honorifics around Sunggyu, then I’ll consider calling you hyung.”

 

“So I’m guessing that I’ll never hear that out of you. Anyways, tell me tell me. It’s a Girl’s Day member right? Everyday, GIRLS’ DAY!”

 

Aigo, this kid is annoying.

 

“She’s the maknae of this group called None Ya, under the label, Your Business.”

 

“Fine, fine be like that. But I’ll find out one way or another.” He grabbed a shirt out of his drawer and pulled a white towel off the hook. “I’m gonna go shower and then go out, if the others ask where, tell them Mexico.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled, and then waved his hand at Woohyun as he walked out and closed the door.

 

With Woohyun out of the room, he boasted himself against the headboard of his bed, and leaned back, pondering at the phone number yet again.

 

  ~ Earlier that day, Music Bank pre-recording.

 

The makeup room was especially packed today, since the AC in the other room had been busted. So, several artists and groups piled into the one big room, sitting on the couch and conversing with each other.

 

On one wall, was an array of about 16 brightly lighted mirrors and makeup vanities and chairs, some already filled up with artists getting their hair done. On the other three walls, were long black couches, which stretched around the room, with a couple stools also.

 

Promotional posters of all the groups that were going to participating in the end of the year show hung on the walls. Infinite, who were already dressed and ready, sat in the left corner, chatting with label brothers, Tasty. Some groups had arrived, but some were still coming due to their schedules.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes scanned around the room while Sungyeol and Soryong were arm-wrestling each other.

 

Wow, the lineup this year is huge.

 

His attention passed from EXO, to Crayon Pop!, 4minute,  then their own poster, and he jumped a bit, after noticing the poster taped out next to theirs.

 

MISS A ‘Hush’.

 

, did he really forget that they had a comeback? With the tour and everything, and the scandal, he hadn’t thought about her for the longest time.

 

Her. Bae Suji, his oh so famous, first love.

 

“Suzy sees you staring.”

 

He jumped a bit, after hearing the whisper, and turned to see Daeryong snickering at his reaction.

 

“I wasn’t staring, I was looking at myself in the poster. They photo shopped my hand too big.” He bluffed, scoffing a little bit too much.

 

“Bro, you were staring. If you want her number, I can hook you up know.” Daeryong said, grinning a bit. “Always wanted to be a wingman.”

 

“Jinja? You have her number?” He asked, overly excited.

 

“Woah you really are interested. Do you know Suji well?”

 

Myungsoo was about to say something, but then stopped himself. “Ne, I’ve been on a couple variety shows with her, but I’ve never really had the chance to talk to her.”

 

Daeryong nodded, and then pulled out his phone, pulling up Suzy’s number.

 

“Don’t get caught by the paparazzi if you guys do hit it off. You’ll be mauled by the fanboys of Korea.”

 

Myungsoo smiled contently, hiding his excitement that was brewing on the inside.

 

“Thanks a lot man, this means more to be than you think.”

 

“Of course, I did just kinda set you up with the nation’s first love did I not?”

 

“More than you know.”

 

~

 

“Aissshhhh.” He moaned after 15 minutes of staring at the number so much that his eyes were watering.

 

He gave up, and decided to call her another time, saving the name under ‘My Old Friend.’

 

He went into his draw of the wooden nightstand, the top drawer being Sungyeol’s. and pulled out a tin box. It was an old box that was used to package Poporo cookies before they changed to paper boxes, and he opened the top, a feeling of nostalgia hitting him instantly.

 

In the box were four items, all simple, but with precious memories behind all of them.

 

Did she throw away her box, like she threw away our memories?

 

He pulled the Polaroid picture out first, the guitar pick that was resting on top of it, sliding onto his bed.

                                                 

The picture was taken on their first day od officially being ‘best friends.’ He smiled, looking at her ever so flawless face, with short hair that just barely passed her ears, and the fringe and baby hair that she would complain about to him everyday.

 

They looked so innocent, with passion in their eyes to achieve their dreams. After all, they did meet in a dance studio.

 

[ flashback, January, 2008. ]

 

 “Kim Myungsoo, no one can beat your mom’s kimchi.” She said, literally inhaling the homemade kimchi that his mom had packed them for lunch.

 

The two sat on the hardwood floors of the empty dance studio, staying after even though everyone else had left.

 

“Don’t speak and eat it then.”

 

Suji rolled her eyes, even at the age of 16, Myungsoo was cocky, even though on the inside, he had the maturity level of a 10 year old.

 

She snarled her lip angrily at him, and his laughed, putting more kimchi in her bowl with his chopsticks.

 

“Eat up, you worked really hard today.”

 

“Will I ever be good enough though? Even if I work this hard.” She questioned, feeling a bit down.

 

He nodded his head, while pushing her lips into a smile. “Eo, you’ll always be good enough.”

 

“You say that cause your suppose to. Gosh why can’t I just be like you? Good at dancing, and good looking in general.”

 

Myungsoo messed up Suji’s bangs with his hand. She was always putting herself down even though everyone around her knew she was gorgeous. She was one of the few who would never need a nosejob, or a double eyelid surgery.

 

“Probably already have labels asking for you to train don’t you.” She asked, wrapping her arms around her legs and resting her chin on her knees.

 

“If I did, do you really think I’d be sitting in this hot hell hole eating with Bae Suji?” he replied, with a mouth full of food.

 

“Your right, who would want someone that eats like you?” She laughed.

 

“YA-“

 

“Kidding, kidding. Myungsoo-ah, promise me one thing?”

 

“What is it earthworm?”

 

“That you won’t leave me and forget me.” She looked at him with glistening eyes, and at that moment, he could say that for the first time, he felt his heartstrings being pulled.

 

“How can I do that, when we’ll always be next to each other?”

 

[ end of flashback ]

 

His smile slowly faded as he put the photo down, and though about the last words Suji said to him. Suji, not Suzy.

 

“Kim Myungsoo, I guess your promises were meant to be broken. Good luck.”