Chapter 1: Job

10 Days With You [HIATUS]

 

Eunji was very happy because she finally got a job, in a small restaurant as a waitress. She was applying in many different jobs like, as a sales lady, librarian, store vendor, and any other jobs that only a high school graduate could get but none of that jobs accept her. It's because, no vacant left for her. She was only a high school graduate because her mother died before her graduation. She didn't go in college because of financial crisis, she worked at any low kinds of jobs but the money she earned was not enough. She tried to apply so many jobs, and luckily, she got hired in three different low jobs for 2 months, 3 jobs in one day!
She was very hard working. When her job was done after 2 months, she counted her money that she earned and she smiled because she can finally study in college!
But, it was changed. She couldn't go in college.
 
One day, she came back to her home after she enrolled in college. When she reached her bedroom, her eyes widened. Her room was messed up specially her drawer. What happened? She ran to the drawer and she saw her case where she placed her earned money, it was opened and none of her money left. She got robbed. Her tears started to fall and kneeled down on the floor suddenly. She lost hope. So, she decided not to study in college anymore. She stopped studying but she didn't stop finding a job.
 
 
 
 
   [Eunji's POV]
 
 
Yes!! Finally I got a job! Thanks to Daehyun.
He is my best friend since we were in high school. We didn't see each other again after the graduation. We met again after few years.
 
We met at the mall. I was applying a job but they didn't accept me. When I was about to exit the mall, suddenly someone tapped me at my back behind me. I turned around and saw my high school best friend, it was Jung Daehyun. He asked me what course I had finished, and I said that I didn't study in college. And then I explained everything to him. He said that their small restaurant needs a waitress, I can apply and they will hire me instantly. So, I took the opportunity.
 
 
I was standing in front of the restaurant that Daehyun told me. It was just a simple restaurant but I don't know why I feel nervous.
 
Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exha--
 
 
"Eunji-ah! Why are you still there?! Come here already!" Daehyun shouted from the restaurant while he was talking to the manager, I think.
 
I opened the entrance door.
 
"Annyeong hasaeyo." I said as I bow.
 
I approached them where they are.
 
"So, you're Jung Eunji that Daehyun told me. Your first shift will start on Monday." the manager said. I smiled widely.
 
"Kamsahamnida! sonsaengnim!" I thanked the manager.
 
"Ok. So, you may excuse now. I'll get back to my work." then the manager got away.
 
I was still smiling widely.
 
"Waah! Thank you Daehyun!" I bursted out and hugged him.
 
"Hehe! Its nothing." he said and broke the hug.
 
"Daehyun-ah! Get your coffees here you requested lately!" an ahjumma suddenly shouted from the kitchen.
 
"Ne!" he shouted back and looked at me.
 
"Find a seat there, I'll just go get the coffees." he said and went to the kitchen.
 
I just nodded happily and find a vacant table.
When I found a vacant table, I immediately sat on the chair.
Daehyun came to where I am and holding two cups of coffee.
 
"Here." he gave me the coffee.
 
"Thanks!" I said and took a sip.
 
"So, Daehyun, you work here?" I asked.
 
"Yeah. Actually, my father owns this restaurant. I work here as a chef." he said.
 
Whoa! Really?! He's a chef?!
 
"Chincha?!"
 
"Ne. I wanted to be a chef because, I love to eat. Especially, cheese cakes!" he said and I chuckled.
 
He really likes cheese cakes. Ha-ha!
When we were in high school, he always eats cheese cakes a lot every break time.
 
He looked at his wrist watch and looked at me.
 
"Uh, Eunji-ah, I should go back to my work now." he said and stood up.
 
I stood up as well.
 
"Ok. Thank you for giving me this opportunity."
 
"No probs. You're my best friend so I should help you." he said and smiled.
 
"Bye Daehyun-ah! See you on Monday!" I said and stepped out at the restaurant.
 
Yes! I finally got a job!
I look at my watch; it's still 10 in the morning. It's still early; I eat lunch at 12 noon.
Where should I go?
Hmm... aha!
To the library!
Uwaah! How I miss reading so much! I really like reading books, am I a bookworm? Not really. I only read novels. Kekeke!
 
 
I stepped inside the library when I arrived. There are a lot of people here.
 
"Annyeong hasaeyo!" I greeted the librarian.
 
She looked at me and smiled.
 
"Eunji? Long time no see! How are you? It's been a while since you came here!"
 
"Hehe! I'm fine. I was really busy finding a job lately."
 
"Oh. So, you got one now?"
 
"Yeah. I need to read books now, I really missed reading books."
 
"Ok. Have fun reading!" she said.
 
I went to the bookshelves to find a novel book. When I found the book I want to read, I looked at the tables.
 
Err, where should I sit? There's too many crowd here, others are students.
 
Finally, I found a small table at a corner. That table is for 2 persons, the other chair on that table was occupied. I went there and sat down in front of a guy wearing eyeglasses reading a book. He is not an old man, I think we're same age or maybe he's older. He looked at me when I sat down.
 
"Annyeong hasaeyo." I greeted.
 
He didn't respond, he just looked at me and back to reading.
 
Isshh! =_=
 
I open the book and started reading.
 
I'm in the middle of reading when I heard a laugh, it’s like, someone was trying to stop laughing.
I looked at the guy who's reading a book while trying to stop his laugh.
 
"Yah! Can you keep quiet? You see, I am reading here." I whispered.
 
He looked at me and raised his left eyebrow.
 
"Am I disturbing you? If I do, go find another table." he said and looked at the book.
 
Aishh!
 
I stand up and looking for a vacant table or seat.
But, the tables are still fully occupied.
 
Arrgghh! I'll continue reading it next time.
 
I went to the bookshelves and brought the book back on its shelf. I went to the librarian to write my name on the list before leaving the library.
 
"Done reading?" the librarian asked.
 
"Not yet, I'll continue reading later. There's a guy annoys me!"
 
"Oh. Who?"
 
I pointed the guy wearing eyeglasses at the corner.
 
"Oh. It's Sunggyu."
 
"Huh?"
 
"His name is Sunggyu, he often goes here to read books. So, what did he do to you?"
 
"He's annoying me, he was laughing and I couldn't read properly." I complained.
 
"Oh. Maybe he's reading funny story. Just forgive him, he's not that bad." she said and took the notebook where I just finished signing my name on the list.
 
"Err, whatever. Goodbye, I'll be back next time." I headed out at the library and went home.
 
When I got home, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a pack noodle in the cabinet. I cooked the noodle and after that, I grabbed the bowl and chopstick. I filled the empty bowl with noodles then I put the bowl of noodles in the table and I sat down.
 
I can finally earn much money! I will build a store for a business. And then, maybe I will audition at a company to be a singer. Yeah, I want to be a singer ever since I was a kid. Singing is my ambition.
 
 
-----
 
 
I went at the park. I was bored in my house and I can't go to work today, it's still Friday, duh!
 
I saw a guy walking and dropped a wallet from his pocket. I stood up and ran quickly and immediately picked up the wallet. I quickly followed the guy who dropped the wallet.
 
"Wait! You dropped your wallet!" I shouted.
 
He stopped and looked behind. I stopped as well. My eyes widened a little.
 
Wait, he's the guy who annoyed me!
 
"You?!" we said in chorus.
 
"Err.. Here's your wallet." I gave him the wallet and walked away.
 
"Hey! Wait." I stopped and faced him.
 
"Uh, thanks. Sorry if I didn't show you some manner at the library yesterday." he said.
 
I smiled.
I thought he don't know how to say thank you. XP
 
"It's ok." I said.
 
 
We just stared at each other as I scanning his face. I don't know why I stared at him.
Look at his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, and his lips...
 
Arrggh! What was I'm thinking?!
I shook my head while my eyes were closed. I looked at him again, still staring at me.
Ok, this is getting awkward.
 
"Uhm, I should go now, bye." I said awkwardly and walked away.
 
 
 
 
  [Sunggyu's POV]
 
 
"Uhm, I should go now, bye." she said and walked away.
 
 
I came back to reality and realized that she was gone already.
 
 
Aissh! I forgot to ask her name!
 
I don't know why I'm interested to her now. I just realized that she is beautiful, I didn't realized it yesterday at the library because I was busy reading a book.
Her eyes, her nose, her lips, her smile, I like that. How about her voice?
She's really interesting.
 
I will find that girl.
 
 
***************************************
 
 
updated! ^.^
 
happy all saint's day!
 
christmas is coming!! :D
 
 
janehong