Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm springtime comes
Smiling as bright as the sun
I think of you

“Kyuhyun-ah, it’s going to be spring tomorrow. Aren’t you excited that the cold and harsh winter is finally over?” Sungmin grins widely, and Kyuhyun nods eagerly. Sungmin laughs, and Kyuhyun thinks that his laughter sounds like the winds of spring, and compares his smile to the brightness of the sun. It just reminds him of how dear Sungmin is to him, and how he just can’t let go.

You wake me up from my cosy sleep

Because the weather outside is good,

Saying we should go out

“Kyuhyun-ah, it’s the first day of spring, surely you won’t want to miss it?” Sungmin whines and pouts as Kyuhyun slams the pillow over his head, growling a “Leave me alone, I want to sleep.” But no, Sungmin doesn’t give up, and insists on waking him up, giving various reasons. “It’s nice and windy, and all the flowers have bloomed, and it’s truly a sight to wonder at! Come on Kyu baby, let’s go out and have fun!” Kyuhyun laughs at all the reasons he gives, and at times like this, Kyuhyun really has no choice but to give in, because Sungmin’s just too adorable to resist. At times like this, too, Kyuhyun realises that he can never stop loving Sungmin.

Even during those long hot summer days,

You stuck by my side

When beads of sweat formed on my forehead

I remember how you wiped it all off for me

I’ll wait for you

“I was never made for summer,” Kyuhyun grumbles, after a quick walk in the woods. Sungmin, who’s been walking with him all this while, and observing him, chuckles, and takes out his towel, gently wiping the sweat off Kyuhyun’s forehead. Kyuhyun smiles, glad for such a caring boyfriend, glad that he has Sungmin. No matter what happens, Kyuhyun will wait for him, no matter how long.

I’ll wait for you (until the end)

I’ll remember your image hid away in all four seasons

If I close my eyes, it’s like you’re suddenly by my side

This spring and summer though, Kyuhyun’s alone. But Kyuhyun’s been keeping his promise, and he’s been waiting, waiting for a chance to perhaps meet Sungmin again, although he knows it’s impossible. Somehow, somehow, in the four seasons that have passed though, he can still remember Sungmin, in one way or another, hidden away, such that no one except him can see it. Sometimes, he closes his eyes, and he feels Sungmin’s faint presence, but when he opens them again, it’s gone.

I’ll wait for you (without changing, I’ll wait)

I’ll remember your image hid away in all four seasons

If I close my eyes, it’s like you’re suddenly by my side

Kyuhyun feels sorry for Ryeowook, because the man simply can’t get over him, and yet he still loves Sungmin. But no, his love still won’t change just because of this pity, and with a heavy heart, he rejects Ryeowook. He sees Ryeowook try and hold back his tears, telling him that it’s okay, but inwardly, he knows the truth, and it’s at times like this that he looks for Sungmin all the more. He needs Sungmin, and he can’t help but wonder who he should pity more, himself, or Ryeowook.

And so, he remembers those sweet and wonderful times, and closing his eyes, he asks aloud, what he should do. There isn’t any reply, of course, and people think he’s weird, but he doesn’t care, as long as he can still feel that Sungmin is still there.

Again I remember that one autumn

We strolled down on the path while holding hands

I remember dividing that one gold leaf

I remember

It’s their anniversary, and so they decide to walk down the path and talk about their best memories with each other. Sungmin cheekily grabs Kyuhyun’s hand, as Kyuhyun flushes, but is secretly glad that Sungmin isn’t afraid of other people calling them gay, and is willing to openly express his love towards Kyuhyun. As they chat, a golden leaf falls on Sungmin’s head, and gently, Kyuhyun retrieves it and as a special memory of their anniversary, he divides it into half, one for Sungmin, and one for him.

It’s something that Kyuhyun can never forget, although he can only celebrate their anniversary by himself now. He still carries his half of the leaf, as it’s one of the very few things that connects him to Sungmin, the very few things that was buried with Sungmin.

I go through all four seasons

Yet you’re still inside me

Every winter when the cold winter wind blows,

I think of you

Kyuhyun knows that it’s time to let go after four long seasons, but somehow, Sungmin still lingers inside him, and Kyuhyun just can’t do it. Season after season, he goes through life, without a hint of emotion, doing everything robotically. In the winter, the cold wind blows as he shovels the snow in front of his doorstep, and he wonders if it’s Sungmin watching o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter