The Birthday

Be My Light

Back before time had been invented, there was a war between the spirits as to whom they should follow.. Some decided to follow God, for the reason to keep good beings like themselves pure; and some followed Satan, for the powers that could be given. Many had died for their Masters...The war ended with evil losing... However, the special powers of those who followed Satan were sealed in markings that were scattered all over the supernatural world. If one were to find such markings, they were given a power, which corresponded with the image. In this world, few individuals bear that special design that enables them to release these powers...

 

"Lee! You awake yet?"[Henry]

 . . . . .

"Yah!!!!"  A pillow slams my face.

"Stop yelling already, Henry... I'm up."[me]

"Hmph.. If you slept any longer you're gonna get fat.. -_-"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?!?" xD I come out of my room to playfully punch him.

Hi! I'm Lee Hi. I turn 16-years old today. I currently live with my childhood friend, Henry's house due to family problems.. You'd expect a girl like me, cute and timid, to have a boyfriend... But I'm somewhat picky... I'm not lesbian or anything...I mean, I'd like to start my lovelife now; however it's hard to find my type of guy... I just want someone who is: strong, kind, handsome, and most importantly someone who can protect me with everything's he's got....

"I made your favorite Lee-chan... Happy birthday." A milk crepe sits on a plate with chocolate syrup and... STRAWBERRIES!!!

"WAH!! It tastes so good... Thanks Henry! ^-^" After a few minutes of eating a melt-in-your-mouth crepe...

"It suits you so well.. The gentle, straight-forward taste of the milk crepe defines your overall personality; the fraise de boises symbolizes your girliness and shyness."

"What about the chocolate syrup?" :0

"That's how your relationship of your dream boyfriend should be... Sweet and complimenting with your personality."

"AWW..... You really are my friend Henry!!! xD" *hugs*

"Of course.. I am.." If you only knew... "Well, it's time to go to school..."

[At the school]

"Lee!! I haven't seen you since last Friday!! :3 How are you?"[G.Na]

"You haven't seen me because you had work to do over the weekend.. -o- And I'm fine... Have you forgotten what day it is today?"

"I don't think so!.." She brings out a present. "Here.. Open it!" :D

"OH!!!" It's the set of tattoos I wanted.

"I knew you'd like it!!!"

"I'll put it on as soon as I get home! xD"

"Oi!! Can't you girls go make a ruckus somewhere else?!"

"Sorry!!" After getting my present, I gleefully rush to class. But what I get is:

What's the answer to this?? BLAH BLAH BLAH... I can't wait to get outta here...  HMM??? Across the room, a pair of eyes watch me as I daydream... GAH!! It's that scary boy, Huang Zi Tao!! I hoped I didn't do anything wrong that would make him angry..OxO I try to ignore the fact that he's watching during the rest of class...

[After School]

"Let's go celebrate your birthday!!" Henry reaches out his hand, and grabs my wrist.

"Don't forget me!!" ;P G.Na grabs my other wrist. "Move it you guys!! It's this girl's birthday!"

We hustle through the clamoring high school crowd, and through the glass double doors to...

Lotte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.Na and Henry are all bringing me clothes that they are begging me to try... We all find some outfits that we thought looked "heavenly" as Henry would put it. It was all fun playing around like we hadn't a care in the world, however during the dress fest... I thought I saw a face in the mirror that somewhat resembled Tao's.. I looked out from behind the dressing room's curtain, but all I found was a little dog, staring at me with its scary eyes. A hot guy intervened the staring contest:"Oh, I'm sorry if my dog scared you.. He does that sometimes." Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Continuing on, we went to BeansBin Coffee Garosugil to eat dinner..

"Hey, you guys I'm going to head to the bathroom to wash my hands.. You guys go ahead and chat."

"Ok.": we simultaneously say.

"So... you're 16 now. Is there anything that this oppa can do for you?"

"You're not my oppa!! *blushes*" Although, you are older than me by 2 years.

"I know...Well??"

"Just having you guys with me on my birthday is enough..." He spent so much on me already. I'm thankful for what he's done for me.. After all I'm..

"If your not going to be honest, I'm going to have to tickle you!!!" He aims for my stomach, the most known ticklish spot for any girl.

"NOOOOOO!!! Stop Henry!!" Laughs and cries leap out of my mouth, as we play in our little world. "Stoppppp!!!.."

A person hovers over to our table.. "I do believe this girl had said stop. Yes?" That voice...

"Tao? Why are you HERE?!?"

Tao?!? So maybe, it was him I saw earlier! But how'd that dog appear in his place then??

"I work here.. Now will you get your hands off her?" Henry's hands quickly get off of my stomach. "That's better. Now back to business.. It's your birthday today right, Hi?.."

". . . How did you know?!?" Since we're in high school, no one announces birthdays anymore. Plus, Henry and G.Na are in different classes then us, so there's no way he'd know!!

"You sure are forgetful aren't you? *sigh* I'm part of the student body, the timekeeper."  That's not really a position, you just keep in check with the meeting minutes, I thought to myself.

"Oh..How interesting. I didn't know.."

"Well, it's not really a position anyways. I need to go work now. You have a good night now. Happy birthday and watch yourself..." He leaves the table. G.Na comes back to table after washing her hands. "Hey. Watch it chic."

"Not exactly a warm welcome." With that note in mind, we try our best to eat the warm, delicious food we ordered, but my mind kept wandering..Maybe, Tao was stalking me..What did he mean, watch yourself?? The hot steam from my bulgogi probably was getting to me.

[11 PM]

WAHH...I got so many clothes!! xD And that restaurant Henry took me to go to... They had so many good pastries!!! I still want to put on a tattoo from the set; so I decided to hurry on home.

"Wait up Lee! I know you want to get home quickly, but you're gonna have to have the keys if you want to get in!"

"Oh yeah.. Hee. Thanks for reminding me..."

"What would you do without me? *Sigh* There." He holds open the door for me.

I go in the sweet-smelling, extravagant French-style house. Henry sure is well-off by himself, he doesn't even have a family..and I never seen him go out for a job... I rush into the bathroom, and try to decide on what tattoo to put on.. HMM.."I like this one!" *points at ROSE-shaped tattoo* I wish someone would bring me flowers...   I go on and put on the "sacred" water, as Henry calls it. I mean he is a chef; water is pretty sacred in cooking. Going on, with business... There. The rose fits on my hand as if it's supposed to be there... Perfect!

Flash!!!! The tattoo glows a vibrant red... What's happening??  I reread the instructions to see if it says anything about glowing lights.. Nope. I watch all the shades of red fly in every direction of the room.. What am I supposed to do???

Crash!!! Something landed on my window.... I walk towards the glass, and looked down. AHH!!! It's Tao and that hot guy from earlier...Why the hell is he at my place at this time? I opened the window to hear what they were mumbling about..

"Excuse me, miss... Is this your house?"[?]

"Umm... yes?" I mean it's technically mine, since Henry and me share the house.."

"Good. We're spending the night at your place."[Tao]

WHAT?!? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???