Slipped Away

Seventeen

 

“Do you think this piece fits here?”

“Naah, I don’t think so.. How about here?”

“Oh, yeah! Why didn’t I think of that” Hwajae said as she chuckled to herself. Never in her entire vampire life that she had ever feel so free in her laughter like this. In fact, it was actually very rare of sight to see her laughing. The most she usually do is only a 3 seconds chuckle. All her smiles and laughter she does now is all because of the new kid. All thanks to him.

“I think you’re just taking it all to serious. I mean, it’s a really easy one, nuna” Hansol said with a big smile, showing his pearly teeth “You should start thinking in a more simple way than to make things more complicated than it looks”

“Hm, yeah.. Maybe I do” she frowned “Hey, and what did I say about calling me nuna?!”

“Alright, alright, sorry” Hansol chuckled.

Hwajae only smiled and the two of them then continue to play on the iPad. I know what you guys are thinking, and yes. Vampires do follow the new trends of human. Including iPad and other new gadgets.

Play with gadgets, walk around together, share lunch together, you name it. All happy things had been done by these two kids. From only showing how friendship actually works up until the point that you can’t actually distinguish if they’re actually friends or a couple, these two young people had done it. Not that they intended to make people think of scandalous things, but their close relationship just somehow shows it.

Hansol in a way is one of the hottest topic the Haven is talking about. This kid is a very warm-hearted and friendly person that it would make vampires whom hearts are not beating anymore, flustered in his friendliness. I mean, have you seen this kid smiling like he can beat the warmth of sunshine?

Although, the only hot topic about this kid doesn’t only come from the good side. Vampires are starting to question who he really is. How can they don’t know a thing about him if he’s a vampire? Okay, maybe Hwajae excused him that she had just changed him back on the forest but even so, the Book of Nod should’ve recorded about him or at least, there should be some bite mark on wherever Hwajae bit him at.

Also, how he seems to be really oblivious about the Vampire world is really something to be suspicious about. When a vampire bit you and turn you into a vampire, their knowledge about vampire world should be transfered to you by the bite but Hansol seemed to not receive any of those information from Hwajae.

But then again, this kid’s friendliness seems to cover all the bad gossips about him.

Even when Hansol is on the hot topic list, he still can’t shine brighter than the real Bloodie Pie, Mingyu. No matter how cute and kind Hansol gets, Mingyu would always be the star of the Haven. There’s no way Hansol can replace his spot on the most talked kid in the history of vampires.

Well it’s not like Hansol has any intention to do so, anyway..

“This game is boring. Let’s try another game” Hansol said and picked another app. This time he choose the Asphalt Racing game “Oh, I forgot we can’t play this game with two players..”

“It’s okay, you can play. We’ll play in turn” Hwajae said and smiled.

“Okay”

Now as Hansol start to play with the game, his face crunches once in a while and quietly shrieked as the car drifted. Hwajae can’t help but to smile about this. This kid is just too adorable to be stared about on lunch time.

“Damn, this is super hard” Hansol cursed as his car got wrecked. His determination can be shown clearly on his face and it just make him look more adorable.

Tell me exactly how to not fall for this kid.. Hwajae thought. In one way she feels really guilty and sinful if whatever the prophecy said to Mingyu on his birthday is really what her future shall be, but she can’t help the fact that she actually start to grow some feelings to Hansol.

Another news spreading on the Haven now is that the official words from the Ministry of Vampire about Hwajae and Mingyu’s status. The golden eyes event happened on Mingyu’s birthday seemed to be an enough evidence for them to make an official words that the two of them are soulmates. Even when they don’t have the couple tattoo yet, the turning eyes of them that had been witnessed by more than 13 pairs of eyes is already a strong evidence to make the two a real soulmate even when Hwajae is still a half-blood.

Now if other soulmates live in their own houses as soon as they got verified by the minister, Hwajae and Mingyu choose to not live under the same roof yet because for Hwajae, this is a real life surprise. She didn’t expect that she would be claimed as someone’s soulmate in the age of sixteen and remembering that her soulmate is a seventeen years old kid which is actually her own bestfriend, this would really need some time to be understood about.

It’s not like Hwajae hates it to be claimed as Mingyu’s soulmate, but the fact that their relationship is more of a love-hate one rather than a fluffy friendship and remembering the fact that Hwajae actually finds a new doll, Hansol, is really something to be think about.

“Okay, I’m done with this game” Hansol said with a frown and put the iPad down “That game is just too hard for me to race with”

“Aw, come on. It can’t be that bad” Hwajae chuckled and began a new race. Maybe the lady luck is having the feel to hang on her shoulders, but as Hwajae hold the iPad, the car suddenly drove in it’s best performance. It can wreck the other contestants, drift swiftly, and got to the first place in no time “Huh, I thought you said this was hard”

“Psh, show off” Hansol said and rolled his eyes.

Hwajae chuckled, “Come on, let’s just play another game. How about.. Oh! Dumb Ways to Die!”

The two then started to play the game. It’s such a silly game to be honest, but it would be the biggest lie in your life if you say you don’t find it fun and interesting. I mean, how many games actually shows monsters selling their kidneys on the internet?

“Hurry! Stop the blood cloth!” Hwajae said as her fingers tried to cover all the ‘blood’ coming out.

“I’m trying!” Hansol said. The iPad suddenly feels so small since their hands are now on top of it, trying to stop the bleeding of the monster. The fact that they’re already on a high level actually makes the game harder with more blood coming out and all.

Feeling more caught up to the game, these two kids didn’t realize that they’re actually getting closer to each other as they try to win the level. They’re fine with how their hands are on top of each other’s now, but after a few mere seconds, Hwajae can already feel Hansol hot breath getting closer to her face.

His perfect nose, twinkling eyes, and bright smile suddenly sent shivers to her spine. He just looked so perfect this way. Even more perfect than how she used to think of him. How can this kind of person ever exist?

Too busy admiring the younger boy’s face, Hwajae didn’t realize that the game had finally over. The only thing snapping her back to reality is when Hansol take his hands off the iPad with a big grin, “Aha! Take that you stupid monster!”

Oh my sweet Lord Vlad, what have I thought?!

***

Not far from Hwajae and Hansol’s table, there were actually some pairs of eyes that had been scanning the two for quite some times. It’s not like they have hatred on their eyes or anything, but it would also be a lie if they say that they’re enjoying the scene they’re watching right now. This shouldn’t have happened. This is wrong.

One guy nudge the older boy’s shoulder, showing that he doesn’t approve the scene at all but the older boy did nothing. He just stared at the two kids and know that he has no rights to give any comment about it. He doesn’t like what he’s seeing and he’s upset about it, but his feelings must be far lighter than what the real Bloodie Pie feels right now.

Feeling ignored by the older vampire, the kid then walks to the table and elbowed the real Bloodie Pie, “Mingyu are you going to let them go just like that?!”

“Let them go with what?” Mingyu said as he played with his food lazily “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Seokmin”

“Oh hell you know what I’m talking about, Mingyu” he said “Your Hwajae is spending more time with that new kid more than how she spends with you! Heck, I don’t think you two actually spends some time together”

“I think what Seokmin said is right, Mingyu oppa.. I mean, I’m even younger than the two of you and the Ministry of Vampire got some problem with verifying me with Mingming gege, but in the end, they officially declared that we’re soulmates. And you know what soulmates are suppose to do, right?” Junghyeon said.

Seungkwan nodded, “Yeah, I think you should approach her slowly again, hyung. You guys have known each other for Vlad knows how long so I bet deep down there she would value your friendship better than him. I mean, as a starter, you can get her by using friendship as an excuse”

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea” Wonwoo agreed.

 “I don’t know what you guys are talking about” Mingyu said “If Hwajae wants to be friend with Hansol, then let her be. I got no rights to forbid her to do so”

“Heck, you know you do! Mingyu we all know that you like her, even when you guys are not soulmate yet” Seokmin said “You’ve been liking her for so long and I know you still do”

“That doesn’t give me any permission to tell her what to do and what’s not”

“But at least you have something that can be the base of why you’re trying to steal her back, right?” Mingming said “I might not be good with this kind of soulmate thing and I know I’m still new with all of these, but you need to fight for it, bro. You can’t just hang on the fact that she’s your soulmate and feel all free to let her go cause there’s still a chance that she might be stolen away”

Mingyu looked up. Now out of all these kids on their table, Mingming is actually the only one that can feel what Mingyu is facing because he himself just got his soulmate, Junghyeon. They might face a different problem toward their soulmate partner but in a way, they’re the same seventeen years old vampires who are really oblivious about all of these things and how to deal with it.

Seokmin had turned seventeen too but since he’s still a half-blood, he can’t see his soulmate yet. He’s just the same as what Hwajae should’ve been. He needs someone to claim him as her soulmate.

Mingyu sighed, “It’s just that.. I don’t know. I don’t know what to do and how to respond to all of these things. It’s just too much information for a seventeen years old boy like me to handle”

“But Mingyu, Hwajae and Hansol’s close relationship is starting to spread out gossips!” Seokmin said.

“I don’t care about gossips. If people want to speak, then let them”

“Then what if that kid steals Hwajae away from you?! What if she actually slips away from your hands, Mingyu?!”

“She had never been in my hands from the first place, okay!” Mingyu said and slammed the table down. The whole cafeteria went quiet and stared at them, including Hwajae and Hansol.

The two who were busy playing with their gadgets can only stare blankly at the group who’re now staring back at them. Hansol feels oblivious but Hwajae was sweating hard because she knows that those kids don’t approve this close relationship she has with Hansol. She’s not the kind of person who cares about what others say, but she’s still conscious about the fact that what she’s doing right now is somehow a ‘crime’.

Looking up to see Hwajae’s terrified eyes, Mingyu then low his voice down and talk to group, “If she really is my soulmate, if she really is the one, then we would find some way to figure things out. Maybe not as soon as what you guys expected but if we’re really meant for each other, we will find a way out”

“But Mingyu-..”

“The thing is, I honestly not sure about her being my soulmate. I mean, look at the fact, she’s a half-blood! She’s not meant to be claimed by anyone as their soulmate until she’s a real vampire. Don’t you think that these are all might be just a little misunderstanding?”

The others gasped as how Mingyu thought about it that way. How can he doubt his ownself like this?! The prophecy is crystal clear and the Ministry of Magic had officially declared them. Then what’s left for him to feel doubtful about?

“Mingyu oppa, you shouldn’t have any doubt in your heart about Hwajae eonni” Junghyeon said “You guys are really meant for each other, I’m sure of that”

Mingyu smiled, “Thanks for the trust, but the thing is, I don’t thing it’s her that’s been bothering my mind. It’s myself”

“Meaning?”

“I don’t know.. I’m just not sure about this soulmate thing” he said “I suddenly feel all doubtful about my own feeling and I don’t want to give her so many promises when in the end I wouldn’t have the right feelings for her”

“Oh come on, hyung! You’ve liked her for such a long time and there’s no way you can change your feelings just like that” Seungkwan said.

“I don’t know, but I think I just did, Seungkwan” he said and look at the younger boy “I don’t think it’s her that’s being the problem here. I think it’s my ownself that should be blamed in all of these problems”

The other remind quiet. They just don’t understand which way does Mingyu’s mind goes to right now. He’s making a fuss over something that’s already clear! Hwajae is his soulmate and all he needs to do is to take her back and don’t ever let her slipped away from his hands again. That’s it. Then why should he thinks of these things too complicated than how it should’ve been?

“Mingyu, I-..”

“I need some air” Mingyu cuts Mingming and stood up “I thank you guys for giving me support and advices like this, but I think I need to figure things out by myself. But still, I thank you guys for all of these. You guys are the best”

With one last smile to the group, Mingyu left the table. He did a one last glance to Hwajae who’s still looking blankly at their table when Hansol is already busy with his iPad again. He wanted to run there and grabbed her away, but he just can’t. Too many scenarios running in his mind that he can’t even figure out what to do when he’s actually a very clever boy.

Hwajae-ah, you really is driving me crazy..

 


 

[ So I bailed on my promise to give you more update last week and I also promised eundere to update last night but I was sick so I didn't got time to do so ><

I'm really sorry about this and I would try to give more updates ASAP, okay?

 

Please don't be bored about this story and keep on supporting SEVENTEEN, okay?

xoxo]