The Prophecy Day

Seventeen

 

Days passed and tomorrow’s gonna be the day that Mingyu felt scared yet excited about. He’s turning 16 which means he’ll be an official Prince, claiming himself as one of the most important person in the Haven. Though, it wasn’t the one he was looking for. It wasn’t about the special power either. What he wanted to know was who would his soulmate be and he hoped to see no one in the candle since Hwajae’s still a Half-Blood.

He rolled around his bed and tried to get some rest, but it was no avail. It was no use. The only thing he got was an even wider eyes as he begin to think of the bad possibilities for his future. What if he has no special ability? What if he wouldn’t even make a century to live at? What if he failed doing his duty as one of the Prince in the Haven? What if he wasn’t destined to be one of the Prince? Or worse, what if his soulmate wasn’t Hwajae?

Mingyu messed his hair and figured that he needed a late night walk to calm himself down. He need to breath in some fresh air and tried to forget about his big day tomorrow.

So he take his jacket and stepped out of the house from his room window. It wasn’t like he’s scared of the cold wind, no. Vampires could bear any kind of temperature, trust me. But it wouldn’t hurt to think about your fashion even when you’re walking at 3:45 A.M in the morning, right?

As Mingyu walks around the houses, memories of him with Hwajae when they were little then suddenly run across his mind. From the first day when she moved to the house in front of his, the first day they talked, the first time they played on the playground, everything.

Of course, every good memories would always be followed by the bad ones. The day they first had their real fight, the day Hwajae cried when a full-blood bullied her on the playground and Mingyu had to stand up for her, the day he tried to ‘indirectly’ confessed to her and got rejected, everything.

Mingyu sighed as the small flashbacks run across his mind.The cold breeze doesn’t seem to bother him at all since he was too caught up in his mind.

Feeling like he need to see her before the big day tomorrow, Mingyu then quitely walk to Hwajae’s house. Walking to the backyard, he could see her lights still on with the window opened. He chuckled a little. It was Hwajae’s habit to just get to the bed and sleep before even bothering to close the window. She’s very careless to herself when she’s actually very fussy when it gets to anyone else.

Mingyu then quietly climb up to her room and as he entered it, he smiled, looking at the soundly asleep Hwajae neatly tucked under her blanket. He takes some steps closer before finally sitting on the edge of her bed, trying to be as gentle as he can so that he won’t wake her up.

Gently her cheek, Mingyu sighed. He could really feel the blood running down her cheek. In one point, he’s happy that she’s a half-blood so that she wouldn’t be having too many responsibilities as a real vampire, but on the other said, he hates to see her in weak condition. All his life he has been with her all along and he knows how hard it is for her to blend in with the Haven when the kids are 99.9% full-blood.

“Hwajae-ah, if I’m actually a Sire and I’d need to take responsibility of the people, and if.. If you’re not my soulmate.. Will I still have the chance to protect you like now?”

Being asleep, Hwajae didn’t reply Mingyu’s sad question. She was oblivious. She doesn’t know that he’s asking her something important. She doesn’t know that there’s actually someone who really care about her like this. Heck, she doesn’t even know that there’s actually someone in her bedroom when she’s asleep!

“Maybe.. Just maybe.. Maybe I should just do what you told me this afternoon.. You know, to play with your destiny and not let it play with you..” he said with small smile. He stared at her angelic sleeping figure before finally kissed her forehead and whispered, “You know what. What ever the prophecy would show me tomorrow, I’ll accept it. Even when it’ll show that you’re not my soulmate, I’ll respect it. I’ll show you that I can and I will, make my own destiny. Just like you said”

***

Today is the day.

His Birthday.

His Prophecy day.

Everyone was really busy as they do the last minute check on the ceremony. They’re really trying to make this ceremony to be the biggest one of the century because Mingyu’s the next Sire and obviously he’s one of the Prince family, plus, he’s the new bloodie pie so pretty much all girls would want to come and tried to impress their ‘future-mother-in-law’ by trying to help with things here and there.

They are fully aware that all they needed is the sacred candle and an empty room, but then again, we’re talking about the Kim Mingyu here. Everything has to be perfect for the perfect boy. Everything.

While the guests being really busy with their business, the birthday boy can only bite his lower lip in nervousness. Everyone was there already, especially the girls. He couldn’t get any more careless about them to be honest, but knowing the fact on why they’re there makes him nervous to death. One of them is his one and only soulmate for life.

“Will you look at that, my baby is turning 17 already” his Mom said as she came to him. Her eyes were getting teary as she hugged the boy in black suit. Mingyu is her only son and she can’t help but to be a little bit too emotional on this historical day.

“I’m a bit nervous” he said.

“Aw, don’t be! I was nervous on my 17 ceremony too, but it ended up well that I met your father and have you now, right?” she said and kiss his cheek “You just go there, sit down and relax. Let the candle show you everything. Let’s just say.. It’s like watching a movie but it’s about your future answers”

Mingyu nodded to his Mom, “Okay”

“You can do this, honey. Just remember, whatever your prophecy would say, I’m here for you, okay? Mom’s here, your Dad’s here, everyone’s here. You have your support, okay?”

“Okay, Mom”

She smiled and messed his bangs, “Good boy”

Mingyu only smiled at how over-acting his Mom could get some times, but remembering that he’s extremely nervous right now, he can’t help but to just accept his Mom’s kisses and hugs.

With one last kiss on the cheek, Mrs. Kim then left the spot to check around the place, seeing if everything is already placed in the right spots. Now she wouldn’t be called the Mrs. Kim if she doesn’t organize things in the best way it’s suppose to be. She’s the wife of the Sire, so she must have the ability to organize things better than any vampire there.

Now Mingyu isn’t as nervous as he was (thanks to the small kisses and big hugs), but something was bothering him for sure, where’s Hwajae?

He tried looked around the place but the only people he could see are the guests (which obviously tried to flirt at him by simply winking or waving at him) and his parents’s colleagues.

Where’s she? Why’s she not here yet? She remembers my birthday, right?

Before he could think of any other things or tried to look up for her in other spots, his father already came and patted his shoulder with a big proud smile, “It’s time, son”

***

Mingyu slowly walks in to the empty room where he could see the faint light from the candle and as he look at it more, he could feel that the candle radiates a very powerful magic and as if he was hypnotize, he walks himself closer to it and take a seat in front of it. Staring at it like it was the most interesting thing in his life.

Well for now, it is.

Taking a closer look to it by every second he stared, Mingyu begin to has this things going on his head like he was hallucinating or watching a movie, just like his Mom said. Feeling anxious yet excited at the same time, Mingyu tried to find the best sitting position before focusing on the candle in front of him.

First of all with his special ability.

Out of no where, he suddenly feels like there was an electric flow coming down to every fiber of his body and recharged him like a brand new battery. He could feel his unbeating heart jumps in an uneven pace and his chest to suddenly felt like bursting from the sudden strange feeling. It’s strange but he loves it.

He loves how the strong magical power comes down to his body like an energy flow. He loves how his mind turned all dizzy from the powerful energy. He loves how his new special ability takes control of his mind. He loves it.

And as he begin to love it even more, it become clear on what his special power is

He has an explosive strength.

He could picture himself breaking a metal table with no brushes. He could see himself run in a very fast speed without feeling tired. He could imagine himself going to the forest and hunt a very large animals in instant because of his power.

His powerful strength.

Feeling satisfied with his ability, the image in his mind then change into something else. He could now see that he was sitting with the other Prince leaders on the Sire meeting. He could see himself ruling the Haven. He’s the leader. He’s the Sire of the vampires.

But what shocked him is, he looked really young,  probably still in his teens era. That means he’s going to be a Sire anytime soon. No question in that.

And then the real question comes in. What would happen to the previous Sire? What would happen to his dad?

Minute by minute his destiny was rolled in his mind. Every question he ever asked for then appeared with satisfying answers. He could never remember any more satisfying day than that day, but there’s still one question running on the back of his mind, who’s his soulmate?

As time goes by, the time finally comes when his candle’s about to blew off and his prophecy’s about to come to an end. Mingyu was happy that he saw no one’s face as his soulmate which means, his soulmate is a half-blood and that increases the chance of Hwajae to be his soulmate.

 But before the candle finally turns off, he saw someone’s face from the candle. She was smiling at him and her hair was tied with a chopstick, just like how she usually do. She was dressed in a very beautiful floral dress and she was telling him to follow her.

Where? No one knows because the candle turns off before he could fully see what it was about.

Mingyu then gulped at the last figure he saw. His heart was thumping hard like he had just fall in love. He went really pale and he was sweating. Was that his soulmate? Was that her? Was it really her? But.. How?

“H-Hwajae appeared in my prophecy?”

***

Coming out of the room with a blank face and lost mind, Mingyu didn’t even realize the loud explosion fo confetti and cheers from the other vampires. His mind was still caught on the last person’s face in his prophecy. What’s Hwajae doing in his prophecy? Is she really his soulmate?

“Mingyu-ah!” His Mom called and quickly pulled him into a hug “How’s the prophecy, honey? What did you see?”

“I-I.. I saw a lot.. A lot of things..” he said with blank tone.

“Aw, my poor baby” Mrs Kim said and lead him to sit “What did you see, honey? Do you have any special powers?”

He nodded weakly, “I have explosive power..” he said  “A-And I see that I’ll become the next Sire after Dad”

“That’s good, son! Congratulation!” his father said as he patted his back proudly. Mingyu could only smiled at his Dad as he knew that his father was aware of the fact that he’ll be dead soon in order for Mingyu to take over his position.

 “Another Sire from the family! Ah, I’m so proud of you!” his Mom said and hugged him.

Mingyu smiled weakly at his happy family and finally asked, “Mom.. What do you see on the end of your prophecy?”

“The end? You mean the very last one?” she asked with a raised eyebrow “You see your soulmate, of course! That’s one of the most important part of the prophecy and-.. Oh! Mingyu-ah, did you see your soulmate? Did you see her? Who is she? Is she a full vampire too? Is she from the Prince family too?”

Mingyu gulped. So Hwajae is his soulmate? Is it true? He’s not hallucinating, right? He really did saw her in the end, didn’t he?

“Mom, where’s Hwajae?”

“Hwajae? Choi Hwajae?” his Mom asked back “Honey, you know that Hwajae’s still a half-..

“Where is she, Mom?”

“I-I don’t know, I haven’t seen her..” she said “Why, did you see her in your prophecy? Did you see her back then? When Mingyu-ah, when? What did she do in your prophecy?”

Mingyu stared blankly at his Mom, trying to process everything down. So it was true, then? She is his soulmate. She really is! So everyhting he was fearing about these past weeks were nothing! He really is meant to be with her.

Being too caught up in his own conclusion that Hwajae really is his soulmate, Mingyu was forgetting is that Hwajae’s still a half-blood. She’s not suppose to be seen in anyone’s prophecy because she’s still not a full vampire, yet. She’s not suppose to be claimed as anyone’s soulmate because her soulmate would be the person who’ll bite her neck and make her a full vampire. That’s who her soulmate really is.

But Mingyu was too happy about it. He doesn’t even realize that she’s still in the term of ‘might’ be his soulmate, not a really certain one. He’s really happy about it that he was jumping up and down inside and didn’t even bother to hear his Mom’s gentle reminder of who Hwajae actualy is.

“Happy birthday!” someone said from behind and Mingyu clearly know who’s voice is that “I’m sorry I’m late.. I met a friend and he was lost in our Haven and-..”

When Mingyu turned around, the moment he locked eyes with Hwajae, somehow, their eyes turn golden, just like what the Book of Nod stated for ‘normal vampires’ when they meet their soulmates.

The whole vampires who saw that just gasped in shock. This is not suppose to happen. This is not what the Book of Nod said about the prophecy when it gets to half-blood like Hwajae. This is wrong.

Hwajae was no better shock than the others. She could see that Mingyu’s eyes are now golden and she knew that her eyes too, but she can’t figure out why is this happening. She’s still a half-blood so she shouldn’t be able to be claimed as anyone’s soulmate, but she just did.

By Mingyu.

Mingyu on the other hand, was smiling happily and his heart burst in happiness as his eyes turn even more golden as they stared at each other longer. He could feel his unbeating heart starts to beat in a different strange way and he loves it. It’s like Hwajae had finally made his unbeating heart beats again after a very long time and he can’t help but to feel like in cloud of 9 from it.

He then take big steps closer to her, ready to pulled her into his embrace and officially claimed her his, but before he could laid a finger on her, someone appeared behind her and Mingyu could finally see that the two of them were holding hands, “Um, can anyone explain me what’s happening here?”

Mingyu stared at Hwajae with a really shocked yet hurt expression. What’s this?

The look on Hwajae’s eyes were no far different, only that she was surprised on how her eyes turned golden as he met eyes with Mingyu.

The boy that was holding hand with Hwajae was confused too as he felt lost in the two’s stern stare. It’s like he’s being the third wheel on the two’s love life or something.

Mingyu then stared at the boy and eyed him head to toe. He wasn’t from the Haven, he knows that . He’s knew. Mingyu knows everyone from the Haven because of his popularity and his well known family background, but why can’t he recognize this boy?

Who’s this boy?

 


 

 

[ Hey guys! I'm very very sorry about this late update!

You see, I really felt like I've posted a chapter yesterday as I updated my other story, Delinquenteens, but it turns out that the chapter wasn't posted so I need to re-post it now for you ><

I hope this chapter could pay it up for you guys, and I just want you to know that I really really am sorry about this story!

 

Can you guess who's the boy that's holding hand with Hwajae?

*wink wink]