{ oo1 } нarmʟess ғʟiʀтing

{ message in a bottle } ❀ story shop [apply]

Credits::
main image edit credit to xxkittyoo [link]
actual image credit to its rightful owner [link]
background image credits to Zashleyfan79101 [link]

"welcome to my store!
ahh, I see you’ve chosen a specific type of bottle -  a heart-shaped;
of course it represents love. You must be one lucky girl -
but what’s this?
i see, then wouldn’t it be fitting to use green sand?
green – envy, jealousy.
but it all turned out well, no?"

- - -

“Are you sure you should be doing this?”An anxious girl looked over her friend’s shoulder, “You’re boyfriend would kill you if he found out.”

It was Friday night and what better way to celebrate the end of a week’s work and school and the beginning of a great weekend then to go and party. 19 year old Mizouchi Uru and her friends were sitting around a table in the middle of the club. Music was playing and people were dancing all around.

“Well, he’s not here.” Mizouchi, better known as Adel, said confidently. “I’m getting rusty just waiting for him. Besides, it’s all fun; nothing serious.” She put her arms over her worried friend’s shoulder who in return gave her a doubtful look. “Trust me.”

“We’ll see…” Her friend sighed as she was dragged onto the dance floor. It wasn’t long until the first guy of the night danced their way beside Adel. She noticed him getting closer and closer. She glanced at him and smirked. This guy wasn’t as good-looking as Joon, but he was better looking than half the guys in the club. Not to mention, Joon, the Lee Joon from MBLAQ, never went out to club with her.

“Whew! I’m tired!” She said fanning herself as she walked out of the dancing crowd. As usual, the guy followed her out. She sat down at a table and gave the guy a little smile. “Would you mine getting me a drink?”

The guy rested a hand on her shoulders. “Sure thing.”

Adel spotted one of her friend, Suhwa, who happened to see the two of them sit down at a booth. Adel gave her a little wave. Her friend chuckled and shook her head in disbelief. It happened all the time; she scored free drinks with just a little flirting and smile. Adel couldn’’t help but smile, remembering how Lee Joon and her met. Funny, but it happened to be at a club some time before his debut. Just like the guy that was flirting with her, Joon was doing the exact same thing. He ended up buying a drink for Adel, and had a very nice conversation together. She was so impressed by him so much that she gave him her number, probably the only guy she ever met a club to give a number to. Her train of thoughts were interrupted by the return of the man.

“Here you are.” He smiled and sat down beside Adel. “What’s your name?”

"Adel.” She answered, taking a sip of her drink. Judging by his looks in this dark light, he seemed to be in his late 20s.

“Simon.” He introduced himself. “You and your girlfriends come here often?”

“Kind of. We come here when we can.” She replied.

“I see. I was quite impressed by your dancing just then. Really y. You know, I’d quite a dancer myself...”

‘Oh my gosh, please no…’ Adel smiled and pretended to look interested. She could tell when she going to be in for a super long and boring life story conversation.

“Back in high school, I was on a dance team and I would….” He began. Adel knew what to do; act as if you was paying attention and then excuse herself to join her friends. If that didn’t work, fake to answer a phone call from her boyfriend. They always backed off after that.

“Um, yeah. That’s great.” Adel stood up and smooth down her dress. “It was really nice meeting you.” She smiled and walked towards her friends.

“He’s an 8.” Suhwa said when she saw Adel.

“More like a 6-7” She grabbed a seat. “He went on and on talking about his high school days.”

Just then her phone rang. It was a text from someone called Dongmin.

“Oh dear. He was the guy that you skilfully charmed to get you into that Star King Anniversary event, right?” Suhwa grabbed her phone.

“Yeah,” She took her phone back.

“Tell him to come on down then.” She patted the table. “The night’s young.”

Adel made a face. “No thanks; definitely not when there are a couple of good looking guys here.” She pointed to a couple tables down. It’s not like she really wanted to meet new guys anyways. Truth was, she suddenly felt really bored. Not bored of flirting, she’s not that ty, but she missed having Joon around. Other than the breaks between promotions and when she visited Joon and his group during music shows, they never really went out.

That’s what I get for dating an idol.’ She thought as she finished her drink.

- - - 

“I swear I’m not lying! I recognized her the moment she walked into the club.” 

“I’m not saying you’re.” Joon ran his hand through his hair. “Well, thanks for telling me. I’ll…talk to her about it.” He ended the phone call and sighed. Just a while ago, he was expecting a phone call from one of his hyungs not a call from his bartender friend seeing his girlfriend flirt with other guys.

“What happened?” Mir, sitting on the other end of the sofa asked.

“It’s Adel.” Joon stared up at the ceiling.

“Again?” Mir was now focused on the game he was playing on his phone.

Joon shot up straight, which startled Mir, losing his game. “What do you mean again?”

Mir mouth hung open and meekly said. “Errrr, I wasn’t…suppose to tell you that?”

“We thought you saw,” Thunder walked into the room. “You know, that Star King event we went, we saw Adel there.”

Joon shook his head. “She told me she was at a friend’s party that night…”

“Yup. Right. She was there.” Thunder replied bluntly. Frustrated, Joon turned around and threw a punch at the wall.

“I wouldn’t be surprised.” Mir said quietly. “I mean, the fact that you guys hardly see each other and you know idols and relationships.”

- - -

The group sans Joon (without him) sat around their kitchen table.

“He’s a big softie.” G.O. declared after Mir and Thunder laid out the problem. “The fact that they are still together, shows how serious Joon is. He’s probably jealous.”

Seungho nodded. “Here’s how I see it.” He began drawing a diagram in the air. “They met each other at a bar.
He debuts, she’s left at school. They can’t see each other like normal couples.”
He paused for the others to respond.

“And I think we have all met her.” G.O. added. They all nodded. Adel wasn’t someone that was easily forgettable. She was pretty, smart, and every move she made was full of confidence. “I don’t think she’s the type to two time…or three time….or any number of time someone.” There was a silence.
“If the netizens don’t mind a really pretty and somewhat in the industry girl to be with an idol, then I think I know a way to help them.” Mir flashed a big grin.
The others turned to look at the maknae. “They just need a chance to confront each other.”

- - -

“Welcome to another episode of Star King!”Kang Ho-Dong flashed his signature smile and stared into the camera. “As usual we have a special quests with us. Let’s give them a round of applauses! 2PM! T-ara! Infinite! Girl’s Day! MBLAQ!"

-halfway into filiming-

“Okay! MBLAQ!” Kang Ho-Dong motioned to the group sitting at the back. “Now I knows you guys are about to start your promotions for your mini album, Mona Lisa, right? Tell us about it.”

“Our title song is called Mona Lisa and in this album, there is 5? No, 6 songs.” Joon started to explain.

“Mona Lisa is an electronic dance track with a Spanish flavor. We hope our fans enjoy it.” G.O. continued.

“Ahhhh,” Kand Ho-Dong nodded his head. “So this Mona Lisa. Is it….based off a girl one of you might like?”

“No. We’re not allowed dating re – “ Joon laughed at Kang Ho-Dong’s little joke.

“I have something to say.”  Mir stood up, cutting Joon from his sentence.

Kang Ho-Dong looked up at him and asked jokingly “Ah Mir-shi, are you going to confess that you have a girlfriend?”

“Ah no. Not me.” Mir waved his hand. “But, I want to take this time on Star King to help two people solve their problems.” He turned and waited for Kang Ho-Dong’s approval.

“Sure, why not.”

“Wait here.” Mir ran out the set. “Adel! Where are you?” From behind, he could hear Joon standing up and a muffled cry for him to stop. ‘Someone’s probably covering his mouth.’  “Adel!”

She was in the middle of drying her hands when she heard someone call her. Poking her head out of the washroom door, she looked for the person. “Who is wahhh – !“ Mir was dragging her away. “Heyy! Mir! Where are you taking me!” He hauled her towards the set. “Wait! Mir, why are you – no, I’m not supposed to be on set!”

He plopped Adel next to Kang Ho-Dong and guided Lee Joon over. In a state of shock, Adel looked back and forth from Mir to Joon to Kan Ho-Dong to the camera and back to Mir. The entire time, Joon was staring at the ground, fists clenched.

“Mir-shi, I don’t really understand.” Kang Ho-Dong was puzzled.

“Adel here,” Mir paused for an affect.“Is Joon’s Mona Lisa.” Mir tried to make it a sweet sounding as possible. There was a round of gasp and woos. “They have been having problems lately.”

“What problems? I think there’s a misunderstanding…” Adel looked stunned. She wasn’t planning on something like this happening any time soon.

“So you don’t count flirting with other men a problem?”Seungho butted in.

“What in the world are you talking about?” Adel asked, pretending she didn’t know.

Joon sighed.“Stop pretending.” He looked up at Adel. Well, the cat was out of the bag and Joon might as well confront her here. “My friend saw you at the club with another guy last week.”

Adel gritted her teeth and tried to look confident. “So what if I was? It’s called flirting. It doesn’t mean I like the guy. Harmless!  HaI was just having fun! What? Are you jealous?” She let out a little laugh. “THE Lee Joon is jealous.”

Joon stared at Adel in disbelief. He almost wanted to hit her, but good thing he had good control. It was to be on television and it was ruin is image. All he didn’t know what to do, just stood there and looked at her. Even when she is wrong, Adel can still stand so confidently and fight back.

“Yah!” Mir walked between the two. “How dare y –“

“So what if I’m jealous?”  Joon interrupted. “So what if I don’t like you flirting with other men? “

Adel blinked a couple of times. “W-well. I-I..I didn’t mean to hurt you.” She pushed past Mir and slowly walked up to Lee Joon. “I’m sorry.” She took his hands and swung it back and forth. On the side, Kang Ho-Dong was motioning to cut the filming.

“Maybe to want to solve things off the side?” Kang Ho-Don asked. “Less trouble for all of us?” He gave them a wink. An assistant guided them into a green room, Joon took a seat on the sofa while Adel stood near the door staring at Joon.

“Well? Say something.” She said.

“What do you want me to say.” Joon replied blankly.

She grabbed the seat next to him.  “Were you really…you know.”

“What?” Joon glanced at her.

“You know…” She swung her legs back and forth. “Jealous?”

“Me? Jealous?” Joon laughed and smooth his jacket. “I don’t ever get jealous.”

Adel eyed him curiously for a moment. “I can tell when you are lying.” She pointed a finger at him.

“Yah!” Joon waved it away. “How about you? Did you actually mean it? That apology.”

She turned away hiding her smile. “I don’t remember apologizing.”

“You sure?” Joon wrapped his arms around and pulled her close causing Adel to squeal and protest. “Say it! Or I’ll tickle you to death.”

“Okay! Okay!” She laughed as she pushed away from him. She was glad that this was over with and quite glad that Joon was jealous. ‘Just shows how much he cares.’  

 


First bottled letter, made and gifted to the customer <3

Hope you guys liked it. I thought this was really challenging, cause I had to sooooo many ideas swimming in my head. @ -@ I was trying hard not to jump around too much but also keep the story short. But as you can see, I like adding a lot of detail. (NTS: stop writing so much) Oh darn, I just thought of a really good idea to make MBLEAST_Kissme the girl in the “Mona Lisa” MV n – n 
Anyways, I hope you like it! My first ever short story, 2000 words LOL. And sorry for spelling errors, grammar, only writing in the middle of the night does not allow me to catch all my errors!!

>>So if some are still confused =). The first girl that talks in the story is not Adel, its one of her friend. Adel works behind the scenes at Star King. She was not in a high enough position to be invited to the Star King event hence she ‘seduced’ a higher position good looking staff member to take her.

Check out one of my friend's ff!! [ l i n k ]

So yes! Comment, suggestions, advice!!! Tell other people!!
And if you guys hadn’t notice, I put a somewhat teaser in the beginning, the light grey part. The bottles and the sand represent the story c: Just something I thought up <3