003

Wonderwall

Was I too harsh on her? Shoot… Hakyeon ruined his already ruined hair. Sitting on the bus seat uncomfortably, he stared at his phone blankly.

Eunyoung.

He stared at her number along his way home. He nearly missed the bus stop but Thank God he made it.

He quickly stormed to the bathroom and washed his face. Hitting the cold surface beneath him, he gritted his teeth hard.

How can I be so stupid?

Don’t give too many hopes on me, Eunyoung. And when I thought you’re ready to catch me when I fall for you, you actually did not and let me fall for you each day. Why’d you do that?

It actually hurts to see you with those tears. Those tears don’t suit you at all. Smiles suit you a lot better.

And I hope Seyong can make you smile.

 

 

“Eunyoung-ah, what are you doing?” The said girl turned around only to see Seyong in front of her. “Oh, Seyong oppa. Nothing, just wanting to see them. It looks like our soccer team has been practicing really hard. Aren’t you one of the student councils, oppa?”

The older nodded, “Yeah, why?” Eunyoung replied, “What are they preparing for?”

“The Friendship Competition. Schools around the district will compete in various sport, art, literature, and many other competitions. Our school has been winning the soccer competition 4 times in a row, that’s why they’ve been practicing hard, to keep our school’s pride, I say.”

Eunyoung nodded slowly, not really paying attention to Seyong’s words, “Oh.”

Seyong bent to her eye-level, “Hm? What happened to Miss Eunyoung?” Eunyoung snapped out from her stupid world, “Nothing.” Seyong smiled, “I kinda feel that something’s bothering you.”

Eunyoung shook her head hastily, “Nothing, really.” The taller of the two sighed and patted Eunyoung’s head, “It’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me now. I’ll always be there to listen to your words.”

Giving Seyong a knowing look, Eunyoung smiled, “I know you’ll be. Thank you.”

 

 

“Hakyeon sunbae,” A feminine voice called. Knowing whose voice it was perfectly, Hakyeon heaved a sigh and turned around. “Oh, it’s you. What?”

Eunyoung haven’t spoken any words yet but suddenly the man beside Hakyeon whistled in a flirty way. “Who’s this, Hakyeon-ie? I thought you’re hitting on Ellin?”

Eunyoung’s eyes widened. And a slight—not a slight, but a huge—bump on her heart.

“What’re you talking about, Wonshik. Anyway, what do you want, Eunyoung?” Hakyeon replied sternly. Eunyoung soon found herself somehow trapped in this stupid world. She tried to squeeze out her voice but nothing came out. She was trying to move her feet to either run away or just hug her favorite sunbae on the spot but she did neither. Even moving her hand to slap Hakyeon on his face needs more energy than she expected.

Or maybe to slap Wonshik she didn’t know either.

Eunyoung eventually took control of herself back. She looked up and smiled a little fragile one. “I-I was going to ask—tell you something, b-but I suddenly forgot. Maybe next time will do. S-sorry to disturb you, s-sunbae, see you.” And it was final. Eunyoung turned around and walked away from the two.

Please, if you tell me to stop, I’ll freakin stop and we can talk. Please, just tell me to stop. Or please held my hand. Anything, please make me stop.

Eunyoung bit her lip hard—that it bled. Her vision became more blurry on each step and her eye sockets became heavier with the tears that she held for the last minutes.

Still pissed with Seyong oppa, Hakyeon decided to just click his tongue and turn his head, “Weird.” Wonshik smirked, “Hey I kinda know her, somehow. Isn’t she the one whose face was slapped by the ball?”

Hakyeon chose not to answer the rather stupid question and left Wonshik behind. Wonshik caught up Hakyeon’s steps, “Ya, answer me, isn’t she? And by the way, I’ve seen you waving towards her one day. Since when did you guys know each other? And why does she look quite sad?”

The shorter sighed, “Ya, ya, ya! One question’s enough, anyway it’s all none of your business. Stop bothering.”

“Oh, and you look pretty stressed out these 2 days too, Hakyeon-ie.”

“No, I don’t.”

“Admit it, you do. Just tell me if you’ve problems pal. I’d be sure to listen to every words you say.”

“Really?”

“Not quite really…”

“You piece of .”

 

 

I’m just a lost ugly duckling. Look at Ellin sunbae. The prettiest girl in this school. Her smile blinds any guy, and her battled eyelashes send guys to heaven immediately. Her perfect curve of body would make any guy go insane effortlessly.

Me? Too tall for girls around my age but yet too short for—at least Hakyeon sunbae. My eyes are small and I have big teeth. Of course a guy like Hakyeon sunbae won’t see me more than just a hoobae.

Yes, I’m just a hoobae. Or even worse, I’m just nothing for Hakyeon sunbae.

Eunyoung slept with that negative train of thoughts inside her head. Her pillow was soaked in tears, and she missed dinner—rare occasion.

Love is stupid. Yes it does. Love makes people go frantic. Love makes people go mad.

Love makes people hate.

I hate Cha Hakyeon.

 

 

Both Hakyeon and Eunyoung were pissed with each other. There’s no other way to make them up. Hakyeon won’t go to her and simply said, “I’m sorry” because heck, Hakyeon didn’t even know what has he done. He didn’t even feel guilty. Same goes to Eunyoung. She did want to tell Hakyeon something, but his acts are such a jerk. Actually hitting on another girl and yet he still manages to be stupidly kind towards her is such a jerk.

Both of them gave each other too many high hopes. Both of them couldn’t understand what they’re actually mean to each other.

They just couldn’t, somehow.

With the situation like this, no one would want to apologize first. Neither of the two felt like they have any mistakes to each other. It’s an “I didn’t do anything wrong” and “me either” kind of argument.

Both of them are headstrong. Both of them have strong determination. And somehow, both of them have such pride.

You’re the one who gave me those strings of hope first.

No, you did. You didn’t even have to show up and help me from the first time.

So, what? Is it gonna end just like this?

 

 

Hakyeon was walking casually with his guitar slung on his back and hands pocketed. When he made a turn at the corner of the hallway, his eyes caught an unusual view. Unusual, it is. Because,

“What the heck are you doing, Wonshik?” Hakyeon asked in disbelief.

“Oh, Hakyeon-ie, hi?” Wonshik turned around and grinned—usually Hakyeon couldn’t stand it and laughed his off when this friend of his grins like this because damn he looks exactly like that Larva thing on TV—but this time, he kept on wearing his stupid poker-face mask and just blinked as an answer. Not receiving any words from the latter, Wonshik turned around again. “So, be seeing you!” He waved and smiled to the other person, he was talking to.

The youngest of the three—the one who was talking with Wonshik—nodded and smiled, “Yes, see you.” After bidding her goodbye, she turned her back and decided to walk to the other way, without taking any last glimpse or saying any last words towards her—used to be—favorite sunbae in front of her. Yep, Wonshik turned out to be talking with Eunyoung.

Filled with rage, and yes, impatient Hakyeon, he cleared his throat and folded his arms above his chest. “What were you talking about with him?” Eunyoung halted her steps. Disbelieving the words that came out from the guy, Eunyoung let out an inaudible sigh. She then carefully turned around and said sternly, “Nothing.”

Eunyoung was about to continue her walk before Hakyeon asked another question, “What were you going to tell me about, last day? Have you remembered it?” With the tone like this, Eunyoung could feel that there were no feelings and emotions that linger between those words. As if asking something not important casually like that.

She could turn around and punch him on his face.

Or she could turn around and laugh at him.

Or maybe she could turn around and broke in front of him.

Or probably she could just ignore the question and keep walking.

She decided not to do any of the above.

“Oh, just forget it. It was nothing, and it was unimportant. Let’s just forget that I’ve ever walked to you that day,” with strong determination, Eunyoung said, mentally pinching her own flesh to restrain the tears that started to seep out from her beautiful eyes.

The eyes that used to shine brightly just the way a child in a candy store were starting to lose their colors, the lips that used to form the most beautiful smile were starting to get numb. And the Eunyoung that used to be Hakyeon’s favorite hoobae, was starting to slip off from Hakyeon’s reach.

Hakyeon was dumbfounded. His eyes emitted no more charismatic charm, he just stood there, immobilized by how the girl whose smile he’s addicted to acts.

Eunyoung continued her walk one more time, and halted her steps one more time. “Oh and,” she gulped.

 

Please just don’t go away from my embrace.

 

“You can use the practice room all by yourself now.”

 

Why?

 

“I no longer play.”

 

Don’t go.

 

 

To Be Continued.

 

 

 

***ah finally got to update this one too. now who wants to slap hakyeon in da face raise your hand? /raises hand/ pls im so weird. why dont you guys comment? btw this story is nearing the end i guess. love ya! :-)