001

Wonderwall

“Wonshik, pass here!”

The said guy nodded in understanding. In one swift movement Wonshik kicked the ball he was dribbling towards his teammate. “Hakyeon-ie!”

The black-haired bounced the ball with his wide chest and soon carried the ball towards the goalpost.

“Shoot!”

“GOAL!!!!!”

Hakyeon widen his eyes at his own success. He drifted his gaze into his teammates, which were running crazily towards him and gave him infinite bear hugs.

“Good job, captain Cha!!!”

Hakyeon smiled sheepishly—more like grinning—and scratched the back of his neck.

 

The whistle was blown, the match will soon continue. As the keeper threw the ball—ridiculously far and high, Hakyeon ran with his eyes trailing the flying ball above him.

The captain soon realized that the ball was heading outside the court. He slowed down his pace and secretly rolled his eyes—yeah right. He took a glimpse at a tall girl walking with her arms folded in front of her chest and books between them.

Holy . The ball was heading towards the girl.

If only Hakyeon could run faster…

“W-watch out!”

The tall girl looked right to the source of the voice. Her eyes were widened and in a split second—and before Hakyeon can do anything, the ball had slapped her pretty face. She wobbled behind and gravity pulled her to the ground.

 

The crowd—the female ones—screamed in their rather annoying high-pitched voice in surprise. Hakyeon, being the nearest to the victim of all people, immediately ran towards her.

“H-hey, you okay?” Mentally slapping himself, she is obviously not okay.

The girl didn’t answer. Her back facing Hakyeon, and Hakyeon could notice that her shoulders were shuddering. Hakyeon walked to the other side and bent down, “Sorry, you okay?”

“Cha Hakyeon, is she okay?” That (bastard) keeper shouted from afar.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes again, “I don’t think so.”

Not giving up, Hakyeon slowly lifted his hand towards the girl’s. “Does that hurt so much? Hey?”

The girl’s hands were slowly uncovering her face. And for God's sake

“Y-y-you’re b-bleeding!” Hakyeon stammered as he saw an—obviously not small—amount of blood seeping from her nose.

The girl was also in shock as she saw her hands drenched in fresh blood of hers. Not knowing what to do, she burst in tears, a childish cry, to be exact.

“S-s-stop stop crying!” Hakyeon—mentally—ruined his hair. The crowds started to mutter something like how terrible he is. Feeling rather embarrassed, Hakyeon squatted down and took the girl’s hands, “Come on, I’ll take you to the infirmary.”

The girl weakly took Hakyeon’s hands and tried to stand up despite her aching face.

“It’s okay, it’ll stop,” Hakyeon reassured, “Just stop crying, I don’t like it.”

The strawberry-haired nodded weakly, while keeping her head hung low. “Look up, or the blood will flow down,” Hakyeon said—smirking in his own genius-ness after.

Seeing Wonshik running towards the two, Hakyeon gestured him to stop, “I’ll take her to the nurse, you guys go without me, and please ask someone to replace me for a moment.”

Wonshik stopped abruptly and said nothing in reply, he just nodded instead and ran back to the middle of the soccer field.

 

“There you go,” Ms.  Jung—the nurse—said as she put a wet piece of cloth on top of the girl’s forehead. “It stops the bleeding faster.” Ms. Jung then continued, “You’ll be okay in no time, and you’d better stay in bed for a couple of minutes before walking again, or your nose will start to bleed again.  Understand?”

The girl held the tissue under her nose and nodded, “I understand, Miss. Thank you.”

The eldest smiled, “I’ll be on my desk. Just tell me if you need something.”

Both Hakyeon and the girl nodded, “Yes, thank you Ms. Jung.”

Seconds after Ms. Jung left, Hakyeon glanced towards the girl (awkwardly). “…Feeling better now?”

The strawberry-haired nodded weakly, “Still a bit dizzy.”

Hakyeon shifted his gaze back to the floor and replied softly, “Oh.” Looking to his left and right, Hakyeon cleared his throat, “Will it be okay if I leave you now?”

The younger sat up straight, “Yes, it’s okay,” and smiled a bright one.

Hakyeon looked away and slightly nodded, “And about that… I’m really sorry for what has happened. I hope you’ll get better soon.”

“No, it’s not a problem, I’m all right!” She fisted her hand and grinned.

Hakyeon’s lips almost unconsciously formed a smile—almost. “I’ll be going now.”

She nodded, and she wasn’t even sure that the guy could see her nodding, he had his back facing her. Three steps were taken from the spot Hakyeon was standing on before.

“H-Hakyeon sunbae,” the girl exclaimed. Surprised, Hakyeon turned around. Before he could say one or two words, the girl rapidly spoke, “Thankyouforbringingmehere.”

Hakyeon had his eyes widened—not very effective though, his eyes were still small. The black-haired asked, “How did you know my name?”

The girl chuckled and answered, “It’s written on your shirt.”

Hakyeon unconsciously looked down to confirm the girl’s words. Right, he was still in his soccer jersey, his name was obviously written on his back, alongside with his team number. Mentally rolling his eyes and said how dumb, he grinned childishly.

Hearing no answer from the older, she continued on her words, “Besides, you’re the captain of this school’s soccer team. I mean, who doesn’t know your name?”

Hakyeon’s grin grew wider—and more childish, “I take that as a compliment.” He then continued, “And you are, may I ask?”

“Eunyoung, Joo Eunyoung,” she grinned, and a series of bright white teeth showed up.

Hakyeon tucked his hands inside his pocket and nodded, “I’ll remember that one. See you, Joo Eunyoung. My people needs me,” he slyly added and nudged the soccer field with his elbow.

Eunyoung smiled sheepishly, “Save your people, captain!"

 

 

Being the kind—and tall—senior as he was, Hakyeon effortlessly reached the top of the bookshelf inside the quiet library that noon. “Is this the book you were looking for?”

Turning her body a full circle, she widened her eyes at a sight of the tall man behind her (and he’s now in front of her). “Oh? Hakyeon sunbae! T-thank you.”

Hakyeon smiled, “And I thought you were tall.”

Feeling rather embarrassed, a slight tint of pink crept to her sharp cheeks, “B-but I really can’t reach that book. I wouldn’t even need your help if I can do it by myself.” Her eyes busily searched for other things—not his dark eyes.

Hakyeon could only smile at the younger's adorable-ness.

Well, that's the second encounter.

 

 

Several footsteps were faintly heard along the quiet corridor. Walking with his guitar slung behind his bag, Hakyeon hummed a random song. When he finally reached the door to the music room, he steadily opened it, not stopping the whistles and the hums he was singing.

And his eyes caught the strawberry-haired girl, sitting on the piano stool—with a guy.

Stopping his hums abruptly, he halted his steps. “Oh, I-I’m sorry to interrupt.” He bowed his head down for a couple of times before closing the door.

“Wait! We’re sorry for using the music room, I’m not a part of the club, neither she’s too. You can practice here,” the man—short-dirty blonde hair (Hakyeon was sure the man dyed it), smart-looking glasses, and very thin moustache, what Hakyeon had observed—stood up and with a polite manner bowed to the eldest.

“Eunyoung-ah, let’s go,” The man turned his head and gestured towards the girl to follow him.

Stunned, Hakyeon didn’t say anything. He could only smiled and pretty much not knowing what to do next.

“Wait, oppa,” Eunyoung exclaimed. Oppa?

Being pretty sensitive with the word oppa, Hakyeon mentally rolled his eyes, so he’s your oppa huh?

“You can go first,” Eunyoung continued. Not knowing anything Hakyeon stood still with his hand firmly gripped on the band of his guitar. The glasses boy hesitated at first but eventually nodded, “Okay.”

When he’s already gone, Hakyeon shifted his gaze towards the shorter, “It’s actually okay if you wanted to use the room though. I feel awkward now.”

Eunyoung answered, “No it’s not, well erm… I’m sorry, I-I was just trying to learn how to… Play the piano,” and blushed a bit.

“Oh so you were learning how to play the piano back then? I should’ve not come…” Hakyeon scratched the back of his neck. Eunyoung hastily shook her head, “I-it’s really okay, s-sunbae! Erm, I-I I’d better get going now.”

Hakyeon nodded stupidly, “Oh, yea, um, bye.”

Eunyoung bowed shortly before she left. Hakyeon then halted her steps—unknowingly—by pulling her wrist. The younger quickly turned her head and a tint of rose appeared on her thin cheeks. “N-next time, you can use this room and don’t feel bothered.”

Eunyoung was in awe, “I understand, thank you.” Hakyeon nodded and let her hand go—which a second later he realized that he had been holding the girl’s hand.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Hakyeon put his guitar on a chair nearby and wiped a tiny drop of sweat on his temple. “Darn, why is it getting hotter?”

 

To Be Continued.

 

 

 

***yay first update! sorry if it took so long ;A; and i'm really sorry, it's kinda boring tho, don't ya think? :<  anticipating for your thoughts, don't forget to comment and subscribe! pls wait for the next update, love ya.