Chapter 8

Kidnap Me Hyung

"You wouldn't believe how talented these kids are. I have no idea how I'm supposed to pick just five."
Jonghyun was busy chatting away, lounging in the chair Taemin usually occupied, and Onew would be lying of he said it didn't bother him. The shop was empty, due to the fact that it didn't open for another hour, but it wasn't like something as simple as a close sign would stop the singer. 
"And damn, you should see Taemin. If those kids are dancing angels, he's god. Not only does he have control and precision, but the emotion in his dancing...it gives me chills. He's not just dancing  out of pure love for it, he's dancing for a reason. I've never met a kid with so much determination. He's trying to prove himself to someone. I can feel it."
"What makes you so sure?" Onew asked. It made him wonder what Taemin was to Jonghyun, for them to have such a close bond already. For some reason, the thought of Taemin sharing things with Jonghyun he didn't share with him bothered him. 
"It's obvious. No one is that hard working on self determination alone. There's someone that didn't want him to follow his dream. Just like me, like Bummie." Jonghyun sits upright suddenly, startling Onew.
"Taemin. Do you know if he gets along with his parents? Whether they support him? What about a job, what is he doing for money?"
Onew didn't, and it upset him more than it should. Again, he found himself questioning why he cared. 
"Don't you have a schedule to go to?" Onew said, irritated, although he wasn't sure if it was Jonghyun or his questions that caused it. 
"Today's my day off." Jonghyun replied happily."At least, it is until three."
Onew had to hold back the groan of frustration at those words. "Great." He mumbled to himself.
"Aww come on hyung. Don't you like hanging out with me?" Jonghyun threw him a hurt puppy look, but Onew knew better. The short idol wasn't one to be upset by something like that.
 "Fine. Be grumpy. So as I was saying, I have no idea how these auditions are going to turn out. The talent these kids have is just crazy. Of course, I guess not all of them are kids, some of them are older than me-"
Onew zoned out, thoughts drifting to what Jonghyun said about Taemin, making him question what he really knew about the younger.
He knew the younger was an aspiring dancer who practiced as often as he breathed. He knew he had a job as a delivery boy for some pizza restaurant, and that he liked to eat steak. He had heard countless stories of Taemin and Jongin. He knew- what did he know? That was it really. He knew nothing of the boy's family, where he lived, why he lived with Jongin instead of his parents. Heck, he didn't even know the kid's favorite color.
"Jonghyun, I'm not opening up shop today." Onew said suddenly, cutting Jonghyun off mid-sentence.
"What? Why? Is something wrong?" 
"I just realized there's something I need to do." 
"Since when do you have things to do?" Jonghyun replied, eyeing him strangely.
"I just do. I've got to go, see you later." With that he was out the door, leaving behind a very confused Jonghyun.
Walking purposefully down the street, Onew pulled out his phone, only to realize he didn't have Taemin's number. He'd never needed it before, but now, it seemed stupid to not have asked for it before. Onew leaned against a wall and sighed, wondering if he had to give up already. How was he supposed to find the younger? He didn't know where he lived, where he worked, anything. He had no way of contacting him. 
Wait. He did know something.
"Please be there." Onew said to himself, as he took off towards the dance studio. 

Loud music greeted him as he got closer and closer to the studio door. Peeking inside, Onew saw a skinny figure striking a final pose, as the song ended. Onew recognized it as Taemin and stepped inside. The sound of the door opening caught Taemin's attention, and the dancer spun around in shock.
"Onew? What are you doing here?" 
Onew could only stare at the boy, entranced by the quick rise and fall of his thin chest, of the shirt plastered to his skin by sweat, outlining his delicious looking curves-wait delicious?
Get ahold of yourself Onew. Stop acting like such a ert.
"I just... I wanted to hang out with you."
"We hang out everyday?" Taemin was staring at him, confused, but all Onew could focus on were his slightly parted soft pink lips. 
Dammit Onew what the hell is wrong with you?!
"No I mean, outside of work. I wanted to talk to you without being called away every two seconds." A radiant smile crossed Taemin's face. 
"Alright. Just let me get changed first. Why don't you go to the ice cream shop right around the corner from here? Jongin and I go there all the time."
Silently, Onew pouted. Jongin this , Jongin that. Does he ever do anything without that kid?
Aloud he said, "Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" 
"It's fine. Just order something delicious for us both." Onew nodded and the two parted ways, both trying to calm their over-excited hearts, wondering what was to come of this.

---------------

I'm so incredibly sorry for this short crappy chapter, but the next chapter will be up either later today or tomorrow, and I swear! It will make up for my recent iness!

also, for all you guys who may not have seen it, I made a huge (the paper is literally over half my size) Ontae fan art, if you're interested, check it out: https://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/756821