Lessons

Princess? - Myungsoo

The softness of his hand with yours, the way his fingers fit between yours and the strong yet subtle cues that he gave you as both of you walked up from the dungeon to the throne room. 

Myungsoo pulled on your hand to stop you just before the towering double doors. Nervousness pulsating through his veins as the future was more unsure at that moment than ever before.

"Don’t worry, just let me do all of the talking." You softly said as he nodded and stepped forward as the guards opened the large doors for the two of you as your father and mother, the King and Queen, sat on their thrones discussing something quietly.

"Mother, Father." You spoke as your voice bounced off the walls as your father’s face beamed as your mother smiled as well.

"It is good to see you again, my dear." Your father chuckled as he was happy to see a smile on your face.

"Who is this?" Your mother pointed to Myungsoo as he bowed to your parents respectfully.

"This is Kim Myungsoo, a villager. He took care of me until the guards and Dongsoon found me." You said as you emphasized the last part with a sad tone. Standing up, your father moved from his throne as he walked down the few steps to stand in front of Myungsoo.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter." He said taking Myungsoo’s hand in his as Myungsoo bowed to him.

"Daddy, I would like to ask you a favor." You interrupted as your father turned to you, your arm s around Myungsoo’s as you smiled at him.

"Anything." He smiled as he tucked some fallen hair behind your ear.

"May I marry Myungsoo instead of Dongsoon?" You batted your eyes as your father’s smile faded quickly from his face as he looked over at Myungsoo who’s face stood steady with a small smile.

"He isn’t a prince, honey." Your father moved closer to Myungsoo.

"Ah, I am sure he can learn." Your mother chimed in as she smiled at Myungsoo.

"Let’s see how he looks cleaned up, before we go making any life changing decisions for our daughter." The Queen said to the King. Sighing, the King nodded at his Queen as she called over some maids.

"Please get him cleaned up and presentable for dinner tonight, and make sure that he finds a comfortable room to stay in, he will be with us for a while." The Queen instructs as the maids bow as Myungsoo follows them as you reassure him it is ok.

"I will only say this one thing on the matter of your marriage with him." Your father spoke in hushed tones against your ear. "He will have to show me that he is worthy of my daughter and he will have to prove that he is the intelligent choice to be my heir."

Taking the challenge to turn Myungsoo into a Prince was no easy feat but you knew that you could do it if you both worked hard.

Going up to your room to change into something a little more suitable for dinner, you changed into a fluffy black robe as you heard some singing through the quiet corridors. Peeking your head out of your room you saw one of the twenty bedroom doors opened as you knocked on the door, with no response, you tied your robe tightly around you as you opened the door and felt the heat of a fresh bath as you took in the humid air and knocked on the door as he continued to sing. Walking through that door, you saw him in a bubble bath as you smiled and called his name sweetly as he turned around in the tub to look at you with wide eyes.

"What are you doing in here?" He shot at you as you just covered your smile with your hand.

"I wanted to tell you that we don’t sing while we take baths." You said with a laugh.

"Well you should, it is relaxing." He says settling back into the tub as you walked in a little more, pulling up a chair.

"I talked to my dad and he says the only way that we can get married is if you can learn how to act like a prince." You said almost sadly as you folded your hands in your lap.

"Don’t worry, I will do anything you tell me to." His eyes twinkled as he leaned on the edge of the tub your fingers with his bubbly covered hands.

"Ok, well lesson one, don’t be late for dinner." You smiled as you ruffled his damp hair as he watched you leave. Passing his closet, you picked out an appropriate outfit for him and put them on his bed as you headed over to your room to get ready as well.

The echo of your heels worried you as you pushed open the door to the dinning hall as your father sat at the head of the table and your mother on his right. Bowing to both of them, you sat on his left.

"Where is Myungsoo?" Your mother asked you across the table as you looked over at the door as he pushed it open, he wore a perfectly fitting tux as he bowed and moved to the seat next to you.

Patting his leg under the table, you gave him a smile as the servants brought out the food as they served dinner. Friendly conversation was exchanged as the six course meal came to an end.

Bidding your parents goodnight, you headed up to your room. The song that you heard Myungsoo sing was now in your head as you combed your hair in your short nightgown that barely touched your knees.

Myungsoo walked past your room as he saw you sitting on your bed, humming his song as he smiled to himself before heading to his room across from yours.

The next morning, you were training Myungsoo in the ballroom with several different stations set up to help him pass his final exam, the Dinner and Ball the night before the wedding.

"We have one week to train to to become a prince." You said as you moved around him with a smile on your face. "You will learn Manners, Protocol, Dancing, Fencing and how to run a kingdom."

Myungsoo nodded as you got to work. Every day, from dawn to the middle of the night, you worked on everything to make him into a Prince that your father would approve of.

He worked hard to please you as he didn’t want to hand you off to the Dongsoon. Working as hard as you were, he wanted to please your father and call you his wife.

"What are we learning today, Princess?" Myungsoo asked with a smile on his face as you were in a semi fancy dress.

"I am going to show you how to dance formally." You smiled as he smirked and walked towards you.

"Bow then offer your hand and ask me to dance." You said as he followed your instructions.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked shyly as you nodded and curtseyed to him.

Resting your left hand on his shoulder then your right hand in his left, he hung his right hand to his side as you giggled. Gently grabbing it, you put it on your side as you looked up at him.

"What next?" He asked as both of you stood there in the middle of the floor as the band started to play something to dance to.

"You lead me." You told him as he gave you a confused look, "Dance with me." You smiled up at him as he chuckled and smiled at you.

Moving slowly at first he kept his head down trying not to step on your feet as you lifted his chin as his foot stepped on yours and you bit your lip softly.

"Sorry" He whispered as you moved closer to him. Leading you around the dance floor he was getting the hang of it as he started to sing some lyrics to the voiceless song as you smiled. Twirling you around then bringing you back into his arms he smiled as he sweetly sang to you.

Song after song, he sang, mumbling lyrics or singing la’s in some parts as he just smiled as both of your enjoyed dancing together more than you ever thought you would.

The big Dinner and Ball came as you were in a beautiful dress, with gold accents as your hair was up in a tight bun. Being the woman that was going to marry the next day, you had to be on the top of your game.

"Let me introduce, Princess ______ ______." The guard called as the double doors opened and you walked and stood on the balcony as all of your guests looked up at you, turning you walked down the stairway as your eyes searched the crowd. Finding Dongsoon, your parents and Myungsoo with your eyes, you just smiled as you took your fathers’ hand.

Leading you to the middle of the dance floor, the band began to play something slow. Your father held you in his arms showing you off to your prospective husbands as they waited nervously on the sidelines. Time seemed to fly as the dance with your father was over.

"Sir, may I have the next dance with your daughter?" Dongsoon asked as the King nodded and handed you off as you found Myungsoo in the sea of faces as your eyes pleaded him to help you. The slow music began to play again as the single girls sighed as they watched him dance as all you could do was watch Myungsoo’s face as he communicated through his eyes to you.

Everyone found a partner and began to dance as Dongsoon finished the dance with you as Myungsoo cleared his throat.

"May I have the pleasure of the next dance with you?" Myungsoo asked holding out his hand as you smiled.

"I thought you would never ask." You smiled as Dongsoon stormed off. Myungsoo placed his arms on you like you had taught him as you smiled and moved along the dance floor happily.

The song was beautiful as he gently sung in your ear, a smile strung across your face as you moved your arms around his neck as his hand gently pressed against your back as he swayed with you, in the middle of the dance floor as the lights began to dim as light bounced off a disco ball, creating a romantic atmosphere. Myungsoo’s grip tightened on your back as you rubbed the back of his neck softly.

"It is jut my mom." You whisper into his ear as he looks up to where your parents were sitting as your mom gave him a thumbs up as he just smiled and held you closer to him.

Interrupting the ending of the song, the King stood up as everyone stopped and looked at him. Knowing that this was your queue, you carefully moved up and stood by your father as you looked down at all of the faces.

"I would like to now announce who my daughter will by marrying." The King looked over at you as you kept your eyes on Myungsoo as you held your breath. "Kim Myungsoo, will you marry my daughter?"

The crowd moved away from him as he looked up and bowed at your father.

"It would be my pleasure, your highness." Myungsoo smiled up at you as he blew a kiss to you with his white gloves as you looked at your father as everyone cheered and went back to dancing.

"Thank you Dad." You looked up into his eyes with happiness overflowing from your heart.

"Just go and be happy with him." He smiled as you hugged him tightly, "Wonderful job training him." Nodding, you turned and hugged your mom as you thanked her for everything as she cried and nodded.

Going back down the stairs you joined the dance floor with your fiance, Myungsoo, as you two went to the middle of the dance floor and happily slow danced with your arms wrapped around his shoulder and his around your waist as both of you couldn’t be happier.