Princess?

Princess? - Myungsoo

The salty air combed through your hair as the wet sand squished through your toes as you walked alone on the beach. One of the only times that you were alone, since you were a princess. Just wanting to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of planning your arranged marriage, you left a note as you ran away.

Myungsoo walked out onto the beach taking pictures of the overcast day. Capturing the sea foam and the white caps on the waves, with the tanned sand, it was all so artistic, all so magical and surreal. Climbing onto some rocks he pulled the viewfinder up to his eye as your flowing white gown caught in the wind. Your hair flew into the wind as you watched the distance longing to escape. Finding it odd that someone was on this rocky beach, Myungsoo carefully approached you.

"Excuse me~" He asked as he knelt next to you. turning your head you hid your face as you looked at the man. "I was just wondering what you are doing out here?" He sat next to you as you let your guard down peering into his calm and deep brown eyes.

"Ah, I just walked out here to escape." You said as you turned into the salty breeze.

"What were you escaping from?" Myungsoo asked as he snapped a few more pictures then looked at you.

"Well… an arranged marriage mostly, family pressure, society pressure, and I just wanted to find myself. You know?" You looked at him as he nodded with his famous smile.

"That is why I moved out of the town and out here, all by myself. Just me, nothing to bother me, no politics, just me and my photographs." Myungsoo said as he climbed down from the rocks. The wind began to whip around as Myungsoo looked around, "We better go inside. It seems it is going to rain today."

Nodding gently you took his outreached hand as you slid down the rock. He pulled you gently, by the hand, as you reached his little beach house.  Leading you inside, you sat on one of his chairs as he locked the windows and doors so that they didn’t flap open during the storm. Moving across from you, he leaned his elbows on his knees as he stared at you.

"Yes?" You asked moving from discomfort.

"Ah… I don’t mean to stare, I just feel like I have seen you before." Myungsoo said as he let his mouth fall agape as you looked around. Crossing your arms, trying to cover up yourself you let your hair fall around your face. Myungsoo bowed at you as he got up and made you both a warm beverage. Bringing back over a warm cup, you happily accepted as you sipped it with pleasure.

"Thank you." You squeaked out

"No problem." Myungsoo sat next to you as you both watched the storm come and go as the sweet smell of the rain.

"What’s your name?" He broke the silence.

”_______” Revealing just your first name he smiled.

"I’m Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo." He said with a smile, bowing at you. "Now who is this guy that you are going to marry?" He asked as you generalized everything about your personal life.

Taking for a while, the sun began to set as you both talked and laughed, feeling more like yourself than ever before.

"She just left a note?!" Your fiance, Dongsoon tromped around your room.

"Yes sir, she just said that she needed some time to think and that she will be back when she can." Your maid, Mary read your note. Dongsoon placed his hands on his hip as he thought about your places where you could think.

"I will be back." Dongsoon said as he ran out of the room and down the hall to the head of security. "I want her found and if she is with someone I want him dead, but bring him here first." He ordered as the men left with a small group of men.

Searching over the countryside, stopping by each house and making sure that you weren’t hiding. The night soon fell upon them as they continued their search.

Myungsoo worked on his pictures as you read some of his books. Laying down on his couch you felt yourself get tired as you drifted off to sleep. Myungsoo came into the room, as he saw you sleeping and pushed the hair out of your face, admiring how beautiful you are, just sleeping and trying to place you to where he had seen you before.

A knock came on the door as Myungsoo rose and walked to the door, opening it up, being weary of the person behind the door, since he was so off the beaten path.

"May I help you?" Myungsoo asked as he saw the Royal Guard at his door.

"Have you seen the missing princess _______?" The head of the Royal Guard asked. Myungsoo looked back at you on the couch before the men busted in.

"Here she is boss!" One of the men called as Myungsoo looked into the eyes of the commanding officer.

"You can’t take her." Myungsoo demanded as the men lifted you into their arms and walked out the door.

"Would you like to go with her?" The commanding officer asked as another one of his men hit Myungsoo over the head and knocked him out cold.

Myungsoo woke up into a dark and cold prison cell. Shadows talked in the hallway as they soon approached.

"Thank you kind sir."  Your voice was heard as one of the guards unlocked the cell.

"Here he is princess." The deep voice called as you walked in with your big dress that you hated to wear. Myungsoo backed up against the wall as you walked towards him.

"Myungsoo~" You said gently as your kind voice bounced off against the cold walls.

”_______?” Myungsoo sat down as you knelt before him.

"I am so sorry, I tried to have them take you back but they just wouldn’t." You pleaded filling him in.

"Don’t worry about me." Myungsoo said as he took your hand into his, rubbing your cheek gently. As he looked into your eyes he found the real you, the you that he saw at his placed before the clanking of metal tore him away from your eyes.

"Princess ________." Dongsoon asked as he stood outside of the locked cell. You peered over your shoulder at him as you nodded. "I have to know something." His finger gestured for you to come closer to the bars. Standing up you walked over as Myungsoo watched you with curiosity.

"Yes Prince Dongsoon." You stood against the bars as you didn’t make eye contact.

"I have to know if you want me or your kidnapper." He asked as he took your hand through the cool bars.

"The kidnapper is Myungsoo. I would choose him over you any day." You bravely said stripping your hand away from his.

"You know he is sentenced to death for kidnapping a princess." Dongsoon informed you.

"I ran away and he doesn’t know that I am the princess." You said as you looked at Myungsoo, who was wide eyed and gripping the bench that he was sitting on.

"Who do you want to marry? Me or him?" Dongsoon asked as he entered the cell to take you away from the ‘criminal’. Myungsoo stood up and walked up to him and punched him in the face. The guards held off as you gave the order and you looked into Myungsoo’s eyes.

"I know we haven’t known each other for very long, but I would love it if you would be my husband." You proposed as he held your hand and looked at your surprised.

"I would love to." Kissing your cheek he walked you out of the cell and up to tell your family what your next move was going to be, for you and for your happiness.