Final

We got distant

Kyuhyun was sitting beside Sungmin who was listening to songs on his mp3 player. Kyuhyun looked out the window as he recalled their recording.

It was the day for recording the Radio Star and Sungmin was one of the guests. The recording dragged for few hours. But everybody enjoyed the recording as they laughed over snarky comments and hilarious stories. Kyuhyun especially enjoyed today’s recording since Sungmin was there. He wanted to do better than any other day as his hyung was there. Sungmin was silent during most of recording. As usual he was enjoying others’ stories rather than interrupting with his own stories. Even when talking about Sungmin Kyuhyun tried to be milder with his sharp comments as he knew Sungmin is sensitive and would take the sharp comments to the heart. Especially comments saying he is not funny. So Kyuhyun even joke about the other MCs with Sungmin. Overall the whole recording was fun and Sungmin seemed he had fun. Kyuhyun was especially happy when Sungmin said that he felt relaxed since Kyuhyun was there with him

However one sentence they discussed kept bugging him. After a mental battle he finally decided to talk with his hyung.

“Hyung” Kyuhyun slowly called for Sungmin who had his earphones on.

“Hyung, do you really feel like that?”

Sungmin paused the song on his player looked at the younger with a puzzled look on his face.

“Feel like what?”

“That we were close but not anymore.” Kyuhyun said slowly.

Sungmin took off his earphones and put away the mp3 player completely and looked at Kyuhyun.

He let out a sigh before he replied. “I don’t know Kyuhyun-ah, I feel like we became distant after we got separate rooms.”

“Hyung, is it because I didn’t want to give you the bigger room.” Kyuhyun asked regretting how he demanded the bigger room.

“Not entirely,” said Sungmin, but with a small smile. “I know you better than anyone. So I knew you would want to fight for the room. It’s just we haven’t talked about our silly fight like normally. So it feels like we have an unresolved problem.”

“Oh hyung, please don’t think like that.”

“It’s just we didn’t get to talk, I mean, have a decent conversation after the incident. So I felt we got distant.” Sungmin replied. Then he looked at Kyuhyun smiling widely and he put his arm over Kyuhyun shoulder. “May be it’s because I missed my roommate of six years. But after today’s recording and after spending some time with you it feels like we’re back to normal.”

“I missed you too hyung.” Replied Kyuhyun leaning on to the familiar arm around him. He felt relieved as the emotional burden got off his shoulder. “Continue the conversation in my room?” He added, hopefully to have some alone time with his favourite hyung.

“I agree if wine involves.” Sungmin replied playfully.

 

 

 


 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/702217/kyumin-writing-contest-kyumin-writingcontest

vi. I encourage the readers to comment in participant's entry. (You Guys will play the big part. Please.)