Onyeon Side Story

I Choose You


Seungyeon’s POV:

I was astonished at my sister’s behavior these days. At times she would look day dreamy but when she got home just now, she looked like she was going to bite my head off.

Ahh, young love, how impulsive and heartbreaking it is. I tried helping her and giving her my wise advice but I guess it isn’t working from what I see.

She told me she was going to go out with Nicole and her friends. Aww, I’m going to be all alone! I feel like such a loser.

“Oh come on! Just invite Onew over, pop in a chick flick and start making out,” She distractedly said.

My mouth opened in surprise as she went to her room.

I recovered and smiled. Even when Jiyoung’s mad, she still thinks of the best ideas.

I don’t want Onew to think I have nothing to do though. I puffed up my cheeks as I thought about my mini dilemma. I watched some TV while I contemplated weather to phone him or not. After twenty minutes, I decided to call him. I found it silly; I still had trouble calling my boyfriend.

I picked up my phone and smiled at the screen of the two of us smiling. I pressed speed dial 1 and waited.

His smooth velvety voice picked up right away.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jinki-ah!”

“Noona, I told you to call me Onew!” he whined.

I smiled.

“Then don’t call me noona! It makes me feel old,” I pouted even though he couldn’t see me.

He laughed and my heartbeat quickened just hearing it.

“Fine Seungyeonnie,” he called me a pet name and my smile reached my ears.

“So what’s up?” he asked when I didn’t reply.

“Well, I was wondering if you were doing anything tonight,” I hopefully asked.

He paused to think.

“The guys asked me to go somewhere,” my face fell “but of course I’ll ditch them if I could be with you, Hammie,” he called me my other nick name.

I was jumping up and down quietly as I blushed.

“You’re so sweet, Onew,” I said and he laughed embarrassingly. “So would you want to come over and watch a movie?”

Please say yes, I chanted in my mind.

“I’d love to! I’ll be there in a few minutes,” he sweetly said.

“Okay, see you then!” I tried to hide my excitement.

Just as I was about to hang up, he said something that shocked me.

“I love you, Seungyeon,”

I think my soul just floated up to Cloud 9 right now.

I whispered because I know Jiyoung is around eavesdropping, she’s such a ninja.

“I love you too, oppa,” I called him the honorific he always wanted me address him. I quickly hung up before he could reply. I was going to start squealing in victory when I heard Jiyoung calling to me.

“Unnie, I’m going out with the girls! I’ll be back before twelve. Tell umma and appa!”

“Okay, bye!” I yelled back then I heard the door slam shut.

I plopped onto the coach. I screamed into the pillow I was hugging and started to get giddy. I realized my childishness and stopped.

I sighed and blew a strand of hair out of my face. I wonder if he’ll like my new short hair cut.

It still surprised me how hung up I was on this younger boyfriend of mine. It started so innocently. He was my school hoobae and we accidentally met at a café. I recognized him first and approached him. He looked up from the book he was reading so intently when I sat across from him.

We had a pretty simple relationship: a noona and a dongsaeng, just being friendly and caring.

Then I noticed I was always being different when he was around. I got excited when he called. I felt giddy when we talked. My heartbeat faster when I saw him. I was experienced and mature enough to understand what I was feeling, the first time I noticed it.

I was falling for Lee Jinki, fast.

I tried to extinguish my growing love for him and tried to convince myself he was just a cute hoobae when he asked me out.

I was utterly surprised. I was so caught up in trying not to like him that I didn’t notice he reciprocated my feelings as well.

We’ve been going out ever since and my life has been full of bliss. I hope my sister can find happiness (and a guy) like mine soon.

Nowadays though, I’ve been a little conscious of our relationship. Here in Korea, it’s really unlikely that an older girl will be dating a younger guy. I know we’re only two years apart but it still made me a bit mindful.

I sighed. If only I was born two years later.

The door bell rang, making me jump and snapping me out of my thoughts. There goes my heart again.

I walked to the door and happily opened it. I was so excited to see…nothing? I took a step out and looked to the left then to the right. Where was he?

“Jerk Jinki,” I muttered as I closed the door. Just as I was about to shut the door, a figure flung the door open and gave me a huge hug.

“Seungyeonnie!”

I laughed and hugged him back. Then we let go since the door was left open and the cold was seeping in.

I walked to t living room and he followed me.

“You said you love me and you called me oppa! Ahh, what more can I ask for?” Onew cheerfully said. He spun around once then landed on the sofa.
I sat beside him.

“What do you want to watch?” I asked as I turned the TV on.

“Whatever’s on, I guess,” he replied indifferently.

I surfed for a few seconds and suddenly stopped when I saw Lee Seung Gi’s face pop up.

“My girlfriend is a gumiho! I love this drama!! Ahh, I’m behind, like, 2 episodes,” I excitedly told him.

Onew just softly laughed and shook his head at me.

We watched for another few minutes until Onew started to get bored.

“Seungyeon, this drama is so predictable! Of course they’re going to end up together,” he said.

I shushed him. It was the part when Dong Joo was telling Mi Ho to drink his blood. I was so absorbed in it that I didn’t notice Onew coming closer to my face.

“Jink-Onew, I’m trying to watch a drama here! And my parents or sister could come here any minute and you don’t want that to happen a second time,” I warned him but he still kept coming closer.

“Noona, are you worried about something?”

I frowned at him, partly because he called me noona and also because he knew something was up with me.

“No, why?” I answered back with a question

“You look like there’s something bothering you. Is it about our relationship?”

How could this boy be so good at reading people’s minds! We’ve only known each other for almost a year and he can already understand me so well. I thought about whether to tell him or not.

“Actually, it is,” I finally answered and regretted it right away. He was frowning and it looked like it didn’t belong on his always smiling face.

“Would you like to tell me?”

“I know this is going to sound really stupid,” I started.

“Nothing you say is stupid…okay maybe sometimes,” I smiled at his feeble joke.

“But I’m worried about our ,” I continued.

He sighed and leaned back.

“I don’t believe you. I thought we went over this already when we first started dating. Our age doesn’t me anything. It’s only a number,” he comforted me.

I nodded as if I believed him but it still didn’t change my mind.

“Forget what I said. Let’s go back to Lee Seung Gi,” I dismissed the topic.

“No, we actually need to settle this,” he took my hands and held him in his.

“I know I seem really childish and immature right now,” he smiled “but think about how weird it’ll be in the future if I say I’m 30 and you’re 28,” I expressed my worries and he played with my fingers.

“That means you’re saying you intend to stay with me that long,” he cheerfully joked.

I narrowed my eyes.

“Well if you’re just going to keep joking about this,” I stood up.

He had a look of surprise before pulling me back down.

“I’m sorry, I’ll be completely serious.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Look, we’re not the only couple with a situation like this. Some people are ten years or more apart but they don’t let age keep them apart,” he reasoned.

Why does Onew have to put up a good comeback so quickly? No wonder I always lose the fights against him.

“Do you personally know anybody like that? And you don’t if any of them have divorced,” I countered.

“I don’t know anybody but I don’t have to to prove my point.”

I almost ripped my hair out. Lee Seung Gi was completely forgotten. Why was this becoming like some kind of debate?

“Never mind then. You just keep arguing with all my reasons,” I said grouchily.

He gave me a why-are-you-so-PMS-ey-today? look.

I sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time and looked down.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that there’s something that’s been on my mind that I’m worried about,” I apologized.

He lifted my chain with his hand so I would look at him.

“And what is that?”

I crossed my legs on the coach and hesitated to tell him. Onew looked forward expectantly.

“I-I’m afraid you won’t like me anymore when you see a younger, prettier, cuter girl,” I quickly blurted and regretted it.

His face formed a O.O before it burst into a huge grin.

“What’s so funny?” I demanded.

Onew slid closer to me and I instinctively leaned back until I hit the sofa.

“Seungyeon,” he said lovingly.

I pushed his chest back a bit before replying.

“Yes?”

“Does it make sense for me to love a girl who’s prettier, cuter and sweeter than you when she doesn’t exist? I don’t care if they’re younger, you’re the most beautiful and loveable girl I know. I’m so happy to be your boyfriend.”

My smile reached me ears at Onew’s princely (but albeit cheesy) speech.

“Thank you, oppa. I’m proud to be your girlfriend.”

He smiled then lowered his head. I closed my eyes when his lips met mine. They were sweet and soft like always. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he smiled into the kiss.

We kept making out for how long then broke off for air. He lay beside me and draped his arms around my waist. He brushed some hair ff of my face and I laughed at his ticklish fingers. We stayed that way until I noticed his eyes started to droop.

“Are you tired?” I asked.

He nodded and snuggled his head into the crook of my neck. I giggled when I heard a faint, muffled “Eat that, Lee Seung Gi.”

 

-

 

2 new subscribers! haha, thanks guys. XD hope you liked this chapter! I thought you'd like some Onyeon. anyway, all of the action is coming soon so be patient!!~