final.

To The Moon And Back

“Jung.”

Jongin calls her name softly but the girl seems to not even care to listen.

“Babe.”

Jongin calls her again.

“Sweetheart.”

Soojung still didn’t flinch an inch.

“Honey.”

Jongin used the entire lovey dovey nicknames to call her but it’s no use, Soojung still completely ignored him. So he sighs and places a hand on her left shoulder and tries to call her again.

“Jung, listen to-“

“Gosh Jongin! Ssshhh!! Why are you so noisy? You’re ruining my concentration here! Gosh!”

Soojung jerked Jongin’s hand and ignore the latter once again, lips slightly pouting because of the annoyance that Jongin is giving her right now.

“Can you at least tell me what on earth are you concentrating about? What are you doing this time really?”

Soojung stops all her movements and bring her eyes to meet his. She then rolls her eyes before explaining the situation.

“Gosh Babe, are you blind? I’m making a teddy bear here! Look!”

Soojung excitedly shows the man her soon to be a teddy bear, a big ball of cottons that she’s making now.

“That’s a... teddy bear?”

Jongin knits his eyebrows together while Soojung could only nods hyperly. He’s not a perfectionist or pessimistic, a Simon Cowel sounded like person but to Jongin, Soojung’s teddy bear isn’t even worth considered as a stuffed animal. It looks like a giant ball of cottons and messy sewing of black and purple lines.

“Well I know it’s still far from perfect but just wait and see Kim Jongin! It’ll be the greatest teddy bear ever, and you should be honored because I’m giving this to you.” Soojung shows a cheeky grin and Jongin melts to that. He messes Soojung’s hair caringly as he stood up. “So would you like lemonade to company you finish that masterpiece?” Asked Jongin as he walks to the kitchen and Soojung answer it with excited hum.

Jung Soojung is a lovely and a lively girl. She finished her degree in business management on time and has body to die for. Don’t start with her face because her face is so freaking perfect and flawless, it’s not even believable. For all those good features, Jongin is really lucky to be able to call Soojung his girlfriend. There is one thing though that sometimes makes Jongin realized that no one is perfect, including his Soojung and that one thing always successfully hit lots of Jongin’s frustrated buttons. Soojung tends to get sick of the things she does and has very very quickly.

Like on the day before their first monthsary three years ago, Jongin remembered Soojung told him that she was really obsessed with web-toons those days so he bought her a set of drawing tools. Then she innocently asked him why you bought that and Jongin confusedly answered her because yesterday you told me that you- but then got cut off by her statement, saying but that was yesterday. and webtoons are hard, I don’t like it anymore leaved Jongin dumbfounded, but then  caught himself smiled to her and muttered okay then, my bad to her sincerely.

Jongin is somehow accepted her crazy labile hobbies but sometimes it can’t help it but to annoyed and frustrated him a lot too. Like last year, when she said that she liked to give fishing a try and it lighten Jongin’s eyes up because fishing was basically his all life before puberty got him hard and made him handsome and attractive like today. So he went to fishing shop and bought all the things that they needed, it was expensive of course but it was worth it because he love her and fishing that much.
It was until two days after that when Soojung said I watched national geographic this noon and it seemed that fishing isn’t that fun and fishing on lakes can be dangerous because sharks might eat us and- and lots of other things that Jongin wouldn’t even bothered to listened as he stomped his feet out of her flat and he realized that he was angry at her for the first time.

Soojung chased after him asked him if he was angry and why was he angry and Jongin scoffed a little, can’t believed her but the innocent eyes of her got the best of him and before he can muttered the reason why he was angry, Soojung hugged him tightly and said I’m sorry, I’m so sorry if I got you mad about something I did but please forgive me, I just can’t when you’re mad at me. Jongin sighed but then the vanilla scent of her tickled him and unknowingly he patted her head and said that it was okay, he forgave her and he wasn’t even that mad.

The most annoying thing that recently drove Jongin crazy though happened two months ago when Soojung surprised him at his office with a lunch box. Jongin asked her what are you doing here? And Soojung just pecked his lips cutely, said that she missed him and wished to have a lunch with him and to that Jongin smiled. She then dropped the bomb by saying Babe, camping is so in these days. Why don’t we go camping this weekend? We totally need to buy those cute camping tools and I bet it would be so romantic by just the two of us! Jongin wanted to said no because he knew it was all just Soojung’s temporary five minutes of obsession but when Soojung closed the gap between them and whispered please in a very cute way to Jongin, the latter could only muttered of course, that would be a great idea.

Jongin believed they spent almost 5000 won on their camping plan, because Soojung bought everything that looked cute and everything looked cute to Soojung. They actually went to Jeju and spent a night there but that was it. It was supposed to be a two nights camping but Soojung kept nagging on Jongin about mosquitoes, no tv, how she would like to eat pizzas there and how chilly the night might get so they went home early. Jongin swore to finally yelled at Soojung at how labile she was for everything if it wasn’t for their warm kisses and hugs that they shared that night. The magic of Soojung’s touches were unbelievable.

Yes, Soojung sounded as some crazy bish but Jongin love that crazy bish so much. What worries Jongin the most though is actually Soojung herself. She is so labile to the point where she’ll always changes her job every three months. It was tiring or The bosses are scary or I don’t like the building were always the same old excuses that came from Soojung’s mouth and to that Jongin could only shook his head. Soojung isn’t fifthly rich so does Jongin. She isn’t some kind of president’s daughter and he isn’t some kind of chaebol’s son like Goo Junpyo from Boys Before Flower, so if Soojung couldn’t keep a proper job and with his position in his office that doesn’t really that high, financial will be something to worry about on their marriage life. Yes. Jongin wants to spend his entire life with Soojung and he wants to make it official next year.

****************************

Jongin drove the sleeping Soojung back to her flat as she keeps hugging the teddy bear in the making on her hold tightly. Watching Soojung’s sleeping is one of Jongin’s new addictions these past three years of dating her. After somewhat five minutes staring her, he then unbuckles Soojung’s seat belt and make himself out from his car to carry Soojung, bride style way to her flat.

“Oh Jongin?”

Sooyeon, Soojung’s older sister greeted the sweaty-carrying-Soojung, Jongin at their doorstep.

“Hi Noona.” Jongin greets the older back barely, because he is clearly exhausted for holding Soojung the entire time. “Gosh Jongin, you really should just wake her up. Don’t spoil her too much; she is not some kind of princess!” Nags Sooyeon as she makes a way for Jongin to come in. “It’s okay noona,” Jongin goes to her bedroom place her carefully and then makes his way out from her room. “Besides, she seemed to be really exhausted earlier.” Adds Jongin as he received a glass of cold water from Sooyeon. “Exhausted? What did she do really? She’s still searching for a new job so I mean, she’s completely jobless now.” Sooyeon knits her eyebrows together, confused and waits for Jongin to finish his water to be able to answer her.

“She’s making a teddy bear.”

“Wait what? A teddy bear!?”

“Yes. A teddy bear.”

There is this silence between them when suddenly Sooyeon bursts out laughing and holds her stomach. “Gosh that girl… Like seriously Jongin please don’t ever leave her. She needs you.” Said Sooyeon in a laugh matter but Jongin catches the really slightly worry tone on her voice so he nods and smile. “Of course Noona, I promise.”

*********************

“Whose crap is this?”

Kim Jonghyun, Sooyeon’s fiancé asked the jobless girl as he stumbles upon a big ball of cottons and messy sewing of black and purple lines. He didn’t get any respond from the girl as she keeps busying herself with her Mockingjay novel and that makes the latter annoyed so he pokes her left cheek and earned a glare from her.

“What?”

“I asked whose crap is this?”

Jonghyun points the cottons with his chin and Soojung leaves out an audible sigh.

“It’s mine. It was supposed to be a teddy bear but heung I don’t know anymore.” Soojung close her novel and massages her stiff temple. “Teddy bear? Haha Soojung dear, you really need to start looking for a new job.” That was the last thing Jonghyun said before he stood up and helping Sooyeon with her stuffs. Mostly about wedding dresses and cakes, since they’re getting married next week. Soojung is alone again and her stare stops at her teddy bear (big ball of mess). She then remembers she promised Jongin a teddy bear and either she likes to finish it or not, he will still get his teddy bear.

**********************

Oh Sehun, one of Jongin co-workers is at Jongin’s flat because clumsy Jongin, he forgot their important documents, the material for today’s meeting. Jongin is busy looking for the documents in his bed room when Sehun spots something unusual on his apartment’s balcony. “Why do you have a tent so big like that? And why is that so fluffy?” Sehun’s eyebrows furrows in confusion. “You hate the smell of fresh grass and fluffy things.” Sehun points out Jongin’s dislikes prove him that he is not only Jongin’s co-workers but also his best friend.

“Remember when I missing like a day at work? I was out camping with Soojung in Jeju.” Explained Jongin as he carries all the documents by himself and Sehun doesn’t seemed to have any sympathy to even help him. “So… it was another crazy Soojung’s five minutes fun right? And tell me dude, how much you’ve spent on this again?” Jongin just sighs as Sehun finally had the heart to help him.

“It doesn’t cost me that much Sehun-“

“Liar. Liar. Liar. Really Jongin I- God, okay forget about the financial part but think about it. You tell me that she’s the one, you love her so much, and you’ll marry her but what about on your somehow five years of marriage and she say that she’s sick of you? The marriage is boring, the situation is boring, the atmosphere is boring, you are boring. I mean, you guys already on your three years of dating, right?”

Jongin swears his mind went blank that time and nervousness instantly kicks in. He hates Sehun for making him that way but he hates him more because what he said is actually kind of true to him. “Soojung is a super fine girl, she had one big flaw but seriously Jongin, man, think about it.” Said Sehun before gestures them to leave and Jongin still didn’t say a word.

**********************

Jongin is taping his fingers on his steering wheel, waiting for Soojung to come out from her newest job’s interview. It’s been three days since the talk with Sehun but the nervousness still hasn’t gone away. He is looking blankly to the long road, mind filled with thoughts until he heard a sound of high heels coming from the side and he smiles to that. “Ugh, I hope they will accept me, I think I totally nailed that interview.” Said Soojung immediately as she hops in the car. “You’ve worked hard Jung, I’m sure they will accept you.” Jongin ruffles her hair slowly and starts the engine. “Jung, where do you want to eat? Barney’s? That’s your favorite restaurant right?”

Soojung shook her head and slightly pouts. “Their cooking isn’t that special anymore. I’m bored. Let’s go somewhere else!” And to that Jongin smiles bitterly. Right. Jung Soojung would never have favored anything since she gets tired of everything so easily. “Ah, by the way we really need to look for what are we gonna wear to unnie’s pre wedding party, Jongin-ah!” Chirped Soojung out of nowhere and it confused Jongin.

“But aren’t we already agreeing on that last week’s outfits Jung? I think that would be good enough.”

“Yeah, that was last week but really I think we could’ve done better I mean-“

And to that Jongin stops the car too absurdly to Soojung’s liking.

“Jongin? Is there something wrong?”

He sighs and Soojung’s notice how he tightens up his grip on the steering wheel, it seems like he’s angry about something.

“Babe?”

Soojung reaches out for his hand but Jongin avoids it fast, too fast.

“Look Jung like… this is the very first time I’m asking you this, I- ugh- I mean… why are you get bored at so many things so easily when you’re not even reaching the finish point? Or why are you so quickly at changing your opinions? I mean-”

Jongin didn’t dare to make eye contact with her, scared of might what happened if he sees her state right now. It’s been mere two minutes since Jongin asked the question and finally Soojung clears her throats. “I- I’m that weird. I always imagined things to be so perfect and fluffy in my mind but when I actually try it, it wasn’t that fun or it’s too much or too overwhelming or too hard then other more fun stuffs start to shows up.” Soojung is still sounds so innocent for a twenty two years old girl but for somewhat reason it doesn’t melt his heart this time.

“So what about me?”

Jongin turns his head, finally making an eye contact to Soojung and Soojung flinch a bit because she sees how red and wet Jongin’s eyes are and she doesn’t know why.

“Jongin, are you cry-“

“Jung, what about me?”

Jongin asks her again, only this time with a higher tone.

“Wait Jongin, why are you cryi-“

“God Soojung! Just answer that damn question!”

And that was the very first time Jongin yelled to Soojung.

“What do you me-“

“What about me!? Will you get bored at me next year? Next moth? Hell tomorrow? Will you get sick of me when you find someone better and more fun!? Will you neglects me like your clay toys, teddy bears and paper doll collections!? Will you do that to me Soojung!?? Will you!?”

Soojung opens , trying to say something but nothing comes out from . She fought her tears real hard because she just can’t when Jongin is mad or angry about something, especially to her. So with that she opens the car’s door and muttered I’ll take taxi to home and how she actually hates that side of her, running away but she does it anyway. And Jongin was too confused, too hurt and too lost to even chased her. He knew, he is going to regret it later but he stays in the car, punching the steering wheel hard.

****************************

Tomorrow is Sooyeon’s wedding and all the families and close friends are invited to somehow a small party before the big day. Jongin checks himself out in the mirror and he’s not glowing, not attractive and just looks really sad. He’s a big mess. It’s been 24 hours since Jongin and Soojung talked to each other and how he missed her voice, face, touches… everything about her so damn much but for the first time ever Jongin doesn’t let himself to be the bigger person here.

The bells rang as Jongin lazily walks to his door and found Soojung with her flowery blue dressed, the dress that they agreed on last week. “Jung, what are you…” Jongin couldn’t finish his question as he automatically fixes his hair. “You look like a mess Jongin-ah.” Soojung’s stepping closer to Jongin and reties his blue neck tie carefully. Jongin stiffs at the movement but then immediately calms down as he breathes in the vanilla scent of her.

“I am truly, madly, deeply sorry.” Whispered Soojung to Jongin in the midst of tying his neck-tie. She releases the neck-tie and mouthed a viola then lifts her head to carefully examine Jongin’s face. He doesn’t fail to see how her cheeks got redden as she looks away. She then hold Jongin’s shoulders tightly and inhales deeply. The things that Soojung does are always unexpected.

“Jongin I-… you know, I-“

Soojung once again inhales deeply and tighten her grip on his shoulders.

“Really Jongin, here’s the thing. Yes, I get sick of things very easily. I don’t always watch movies until the ends, I don’t eat at the same restaurant over five times, and I don’t even have any favorite musicians. With that, it’s very hard for me to run a relationship. Most of the guys I dated earlier will always give up on me and I know I can’t blame them because well it is all because of me. But you Jongin, you’re different. You’re never gives up on me and accepted me as who I am, and made me fall in love with you more and more when I thought I couldn’t love someone as much as I love you right now.”

Soojung pauses as she takes a breath and Jongin just watched her very carefully.

“And don’t worry Jongin, I would never fall out love with you, I would never neglect you because I know so. Because… you’re not just some things or just some people for me Jongin. You are cooler than any web-toons that I made, fluffier than any teddy bears in the world, sweeter than any cupcakes that I made last year… You- You are my world and I would never get bored and sick of my world. You are my colors, my sun shines, my stars, my wish, my happiness, my-“

Jongin didn’t let Soojung to finishes her long speech about how she love Jongin because he just couldn’t wait any longer, he just couldn’t wait to taste her sweet lips again. He kisses her tenderly and then broke the kiss as he needs to tell her something. “I know Jung, and I’m sorry for doubted you. You’re my world too, I love you to the moon and back Jung, literally I do.” Soojung’s cheeks are never this red before and Jongin noticed that.

“So you’re not angry with me anymore right?”

Soojung lifts her head hesitantly only to found Jongin’s grin on his face. “Angry? That is so yesterday; I’m bored being mad at you.” Said Jongin in a playful matter and Soojung just roll her eyes and release herself out from his hug. “I really want to punch you right now but instead here.” She gave him big ugly shaped cottons that covered with black and purple thick strings. “I managed to somehow finish a teddy bear for you. You should be grateful Jongin, they don’t sell this kind of bear everywhere!” And to that Jongin only chuckles and nods because it’s true, they wouldn’t let this kind of teddy bear near display window’s stores because it would be illegal but Jongin still mutters a thank you and kiss the top of her head.

Jongin might get annoyed or even frustrated in the future but one thing for sure he love Soojung and Soojung love him too and that fact won’t get expired or changed or bored out because their love is infinite.

 

 


 

A/N : hands down, the longest one shot i've ever written and really not that happy with how it came out but still i found myself smiling when i edited it so here you go. and about the infinite thing is actually inspired by the movie the perks of being a wallflower which is awesome and highly recommended.

and if you already knew, i got this story from the newest epi of hello counselor and even though the cool girl is really frustrating i can't with her boyfriend and how actually she seemed to really love him and vice versa so yeah <3

and about my other stories, i know i haven't update since forever, i have reasons for it but please just wait, i'm currently woking on it :) bbye <333333