Chapter 2 : Ddukbokki and The Stranger Man

South Korea: My Black and White Story

I don’t have class for today, and my laboratory project's report also done by last night. I want to impress professor Kwoon by done every task he given to me before the deadline. Is not easy to impress a senior proffesor like him.

It’s been a month and I still don’t have a chance to walking around seoul. I think today It’s time getting know the city, and the weather also not so cold. it's perfect for walking around.

I should have breakfast first. Hyorin said there is an old man sell ddukbokki near the Marronnier park. And after that, I think I will stop by at Dongdaemun market. Hopefully I could find a cheap dress to wear at Hyorin party. She is my best friend after all, And it really cruel if I don’t go to her party.

It’s 7am now. The park still quite empty, and today is Friday, working day. The park not so large but it’s popular because it’s near to Daehangno; Seoul's major theater districts, and also popular among university student.

Is not difficult to find the the old man that hyorin mentioned it before. He’s the only one who sell ddukbokki this early morning and i’m his only one customer.

“annyeonghaseyo, igeo hana juseyo..!” i pointer at one of hot spicy ddukbokki picture. I’m still not familiar with Korean language, but I have to practice everyday. That’s the things you must do if you want to fluent in other languages. Always practice!!

The old man busy preparing my ultra hot spicy ddukbokki. I still looking around, amazed by how clean this park. Simple and clean.

There is a man getting near and sitting beside me. He also order the same thing with me, ultra spicy ddukbokki. I bet he also like spicy food. He wearing black jacket with hoodie cover his head, and a black large glasses covering almost half of his face. What a weird style for early morning. The sun even don't come out yet. Whatever, different country with different culture.

He turn his head toward me, and i smile at him. I’m not sure if he looking at me because of his black giant glasses hiding his eyes perfectly.

Ddukbokki ready!. Hot and spicy!. This is the good way to enjoy eating ddukbokki; at park on the morning time.

That guy beside me eat so fast. It seems he is in hurry. Sometimes he's busy typing massages with his cellphone. What a busy man!. Maybe he already late for work. It takes only 3 minute for him to finish the ultra hot and spicy ddukbokki, I just watch him eat, forgot to eat mine, and amazed by how fast he finish eating ddukbokki. He standing immediately and walking away.

“Hey..you're not paid yet…!!!” I spontaneous scream at him.

I just wanna help the ahjussi because he buzy cleaning and didn't recognize one of his customer left.

The guy turning back, smile and said “ I don’t need to pay”.

“Yaaaa…!!!!” i screaming again.

He run and suddenly fell down !!!.

“Hahahaha.. that’s what you get if you not pay for what you ate!!!”. I laugh at him. i know it's cruel, but whose care?.

I don’t know if he angry or embarrassed, those black giant glasses once again hidden and save his face from my eyes. What a poor man.

The old man finish cleaning. I just tell him what happened.

He just smile and said, ” That guy don’t need to pay, he gave me a lot of money before”.

"Oowww… who is he ahjussi?", i'm so curious.

"A special customer". The old man just give me short answer and i'm still curious.

"What make him special for you, ahjussi? he looks strange, and i don't like the way he clothes". i just tell what's on my mind.

“I can’t tell you why..” He continue, "There is a lot of stranger guy in this city, just take care of your self “ .

"Ne, arasso ahjussi....i will.." i'm looking the old man, feel so touched that far away from my country and family there is still a good person who warn me to always take care !!!!