1.

Why Are You So Mother-like?

“Why are you so mother-like?”

This is the almost 100th time Yongguk asked him that question in the past 2 weeks. Himchan groans internally and rolls his eyes as he hold Yonghee--Yongguk's daughter--in his arm, slowly fondle her back and forth, trying to make her sleep.

No, this isn't what you think. Yes, there is a baby. Yes there is her father. And yes there is another father (or maybe you can say mother since Himchan is too pretty to be a father and too motherly also) who dilligently took care of the baby as if she's his own daughter. But no.

In fact, Himchan is a nanny. Yes, NANNY.

This all started in one fine evening, the usual day of college for Kim Himchan, the teacher assistant but a not-so usual day for Bang Yongguk, his teacher.

“Yongguk-ssi, why do you look so troubled?” Himchan asked the older man cautiously. He didn't bother to call Yongguk 'seongsaenim' because Yongguk told him not to. Therefore, Yongguk isn't the usual grey-haired teacher they have around this college. He's quite young, too young to actually teach in the most credible college of South Korea.

“I...” Yongguk sounds like he's about to speak train-length words but he shut his mouth back. “Nevermind” he said instead, twirling his pen around his slim fingers.

Himchan who had finished correcting all the other student's work didn't look so convinced. “Come on. You can tell me if there's anything wrong, Yongguk-ssi. Is it about my work?”

Yongguk looks up and spare Himchan a meaningful looks before shooks his head lightly. “No... this got nothing to do about your work, Himchannie. Don't worry”

“Then what?” The younger man demanded.

Yongguk bite his lower lips in anxiety. Himchan has always been a straight-forward person which is quite good in some aspects actually (and that's why he choose him as his teaching assistant) but that could be bad in anothers. Like this for example...

“This actually... about my family” Yongguk finally spoke.

Himchan didn't reply, instead he raised his eyebrow and looks at Yongguk, gesturing him to continue. Yongguk let out a deep sigh.

“Me and my wife... we divorced...”

This time, Himchan's eyes widened in shock. How could that be? Yongguk and his wife--okay, ex wife--was a really romantic couple. Like, there's this young handsome teacher marrying a very pretty cafe singer having a peaceful life in their little love house, having a cute baby girl... How could they divorced?

“Wait. You... and Jieun... divorced?” He asked carefully, trying not to hurt Yongguk's feeling.

The older man nodded. “Yes but that's not the problem. We actually have been living separated for this past 6 month and... She left Yonghee with me” he exhaled deeply. “Well, that's not really a problem for me if her nanny didn't hand me her resignation this morning”

Himchan nodded understandingly. “So you said, you're in need of a nanny?”

Yongguk flicked his finger. “Exactly”

"Well, I can try and help you look for her if you let me. There's a few friends of mine who can take a good care of babies... hmmm let me see... Sunhwa... Hyeri... Luna... Hyosung noona..." Himchan's finger counted as he said those girls' name.

"What about you?"

Himchan turns his head to face Yongguk with a slight shock on his face. "Me? But I thought you're looking for a woman..."

Yongguk shrugged. "Well, if there's one requirement for being my baby's nanny is that she or he must be the person I trust" he looks at Himchan with a wide gummy grin on his face. "And I trust you, Himchan-ssi"

And just like that, Himchan agreed to work at Yongguk's house as Yonghee's nanny. Well, of course it's not a pice of cake since he still have school in the morning and have to go to Yongguk's house in evening and weekend but he does it anyway. Maybe because the pay is good, maybe because he naturally loves babies... or maybe it's simply because of Yongguk. Eventhough he hates to admit it but Yongguk triggered up something inside him ever since they first met. Himchan is not gay, of course heck he had a string of beautiful exes, any man would be dying to have. But there's just something about Yongguk that makes Himchan's heart tingle everytime he looks at the older man's gummy smile.

"I'm not going to answer that question for god-knows-how-much time, Yongguk-ssi" Himchan said, half whispered.

Yongguk doesn't respond. Instead he leans casually on the doorstep, watching his little angel sleep soundly in Himchan's embrace. A warm smile slowly grow on his face as he watches Himchan serenading his baby girl like an umma he is. He remembers he used to love watching Jieun serenading Yonghee to sleep, held his little angel on her arm as she sang her a lullaby, he loved that. Yes, loved. Until he found out about Jieun's affair with his best mate, and it's all over.

"You know what? You remind me of..." Yongguk's word got stuck on the tip of his tounge as Himchan suussh-ed him away, putting his forefinger on his lips.

"Yonghee is sleeping, lower down your volume" Himchan whispered. He then carefully put the sleeping angel in her bed and tucked her nicely before tiptoeing his way out of her room, pushing Yongguk out with him and closed the door behind them.

"Ah... what a day..." Himchan mumbled as he stretched his body like a cat and yawned. It's almost midnight and he's still and Yongguk's place.

Something inside Yongguk tingled as he watch the younger man yawned ever so cutely, makes him want to hug that slim body and embrace him with his strong arms. Yongguk then shooks his head. Heck, why did he even think of that? Himchan is a guy and so does him. And they both are straight.... arent they?

"Yongguk-ssi, you okay?" Himchan said with a slight of worry in his tone.

Yongguk blinks and focused his sight to the beautiful man in front of him. "What? Oh yea. I'm fine. You should go home, it's almost midnight. Want me to drive you?"

This time it's Himchan's turn to blink and look at Yongguk weirdly. "But Yongguk-ssi, I... drive my own car. Remember?"

 

***

 

It's sunday, which means Himchan has to go to Yongguk's house early in the morning. It's not a part of the contracts actually, but since he knows Yongguk is a heavy sleeper and Yonghee lives with no other adult except her sleepyhead dad... so yeah.

As soon as he opened the door of Yongguk's house he was greeted by the ever so innocently annoyed face of Yonghee standing on the door way. Himchan chuckles picking the little girl up to his embrace.

"Has your dad woke up yet?" Himchan asked, and Yonghee shooks her head violently.

"Daddy won't wake up. He doesn't even move from his bed. Yonghee is bored, Yonghee wants to play with daddy" the 3-years old girl said with a cute pouts.

"Good thing I'm here. How about we wake your daddy up together?" Himchan grins.

Yonghee nodded enthusiastically, making her messy hair bounced up and down. Himchan laughs at the sight, he then put Yonghee down and tiptoed his way to Yongguk's room followed by the little girl. Yonghee put her little finger on her lips, gesturig for Himchan to not make any sound as they opened the door to Yongguk's room.

"Hime, what if daddy won't wake up?" Yonghee whispered.

Himchan chuckles and ruffled the little girl's hair. "He will. Now follow me, and in the count of three I want you to tickle-attack him until he wakes up, arra?"

Yonghee grins and nodded. Himchan counts quietly with his hand, followed by Yonghee's slow nods for each count.

"One... two... THREE! Tickle attack!" The duo starts to violently tickle the sleeping Yongguk. Himchan tickles his neck while Yonghee climbed up to his daddy's bed and tickles his tummy.

"Daddy wake up wake up!" Yonghee laughs as she keeps tickling Yongguk.

Yongguk stirs slowly from the ticklish sensation and groaned. This must be Himchan's idea, he thought. He tried to pull his duvet up to his head to cover his body from those fingers but Yonghee gripped on that thing tight.

"Daddy~~~" Yonghee whines.

"Come on daddy, Bbang. Wake up wake up!" It's Himchan's voice.

Yongguk slowly opened his eyes and immediately greeted by the grinning Yonghee and Himchan. What a sight, he thought.

"Look Hime, he woke up!" Yonghee giggles, followed by Himchan.

"See, your daddy is indeed a sleepy head"

Yongguk rubs his eyes to get a clearer vision of two giggling cutes in front of him before fully awaken and surprises the duo by suddenly tickling them back.

"Now it's time for revenge~" Yongguk laughs as he tickles his daughter, earning a beautiful laugh from the little girl.

"Daddy stop! It's Hime's idea" Yonghee said in between her laugh.

Yongguk fake a shocked face before he turns to face Himchan. "Oh is that so, Himchan-ssi?" He smirks.

"No... no... don't... hahahah" that's all he managed to say before two sets of slim fingers attacked him with a tickle.

Way to start a morning.

 

***

 

Yongguk always wonder what makes Himchan so attractive everytime he watched him with Yonghee. Playing with her, serenading her, feeding her, even piggyback-ing his little angel on his shoulder. It's like, the sight knocked something inside his heart. He wants to have a family again. Just a peaceful little family consisting him, Yonghee and...

"Yongguk-ssi, you spaced out again" Himchan said behind a pot full of boiling ramyun. Another reason for Yongguk to admire this pretty guy in front of him. He always love to see someone he admires cooks him meal.

"Daddy, why are you looking at Hime like that?" Yonghee who sat beside him on the dining table asked.

"Looking at him like-wait. What did you just call him, sweetheart?"

"Hime. Means princess, because Himchan looks like princess" Yonghee giggles, earning a blush from Himchan which fortunately well-covered behind the ramyun pot.

Yongguk grins apologetically to Himchan before ruffling his daughter's head. "But Himchan-ssi is a man, Yongie~ah"

"But he's pretty! Look daddy, he even can cook. Man doesn't cook" Yonghee pouted and put her barbie doll down.

Himchan smiles and put the ramyun pot in the middle of the table. "They do, sweety. Just not as good as women"

"But Hime is pretty... like a princess" Yonghee mumbles.

Yongguk ruffles his baby girl's hair and chuckled. "Alright alright. Hime is pretty, now if you don't mind you can put barbie back to her place. We're about to have lunch, okay?"

Yonghee nodded and run back to her room to put her barbie doll back, leaving Himchan and Yongguk alone in an awkward silent.

"So... Hime eh?" Yongguk starts.

"Oh come on. I'm not that pretty am I?" Himchan chuckles as he take one mini bowl and place a spoonful of ramyun in it before giving it back to Yongguk.

"Truth to be told, yes you are" Yongguk smiles, making red crept on Himchan's face.

"Oh shut up" he laughs and take another bowl of ramyun for himself. "Yesterday you said I'm so motherly and today you said I'm pretty? You have to be missing Jieun that much" Himchan grins and shooks his head.

To his surprise, Yongguk doesn't reply with his usual cynics words everytime he brought Jieun up, instead he feels a pair of lips covered his ever so suddenly. Need a few second for Himchan to realized, that lips is yongguk's. His eyes widened.

"Y-yah!" He push Yongguk away and looks down to hide his blushing face.

"I've always wanted to do that since... forever"

Himchan mutters something under his breath before the same pair of lips crashes his lips again, with more force. This time he can feel Yongguk's big hands cupped his face, Himchan instinctively closes his eyes. Simply enjoying the kiss, because to be very honest he also wants to do this since... forever.

"Daddy... Hime... why are you eating each other's face?"

 

THE END