Sweets

The Red Door

 

Three days passed by and the  dullness once again came back completely. I haddn't seen Kibum since I helped him andI don't think He's left his apartment either, so I went back to my rut.

So far I had two lines to the song I'm suppost to have done two days from now.

"Nothing in your eyes say trust me, but give a chance to open that red door in your heart. Maybe there's still hope, even if this hope is blind"

This whole process was not easy. Having these lines made it harder to come up with anything as good as them. I was lost. I needed something to get me going again, and that something had to be Kibum.

Kibum... Kim Kibum...Ki-bum.. Ki? Key? A key. A key to what though? The wheel in my head was turning but only slowly.

 

I was on my way home as always from work. I was kind of hoping I would run into Kibum at the elevator, but no such luck. Finally I reach my door but something stopsme. I smelled something coming from next door 'I wonder...'

Taking a few steps to the left the door in front of me now was red. I took the chance and knocked.It didn't take long until someone answered. It was Kibum ofcorse. I just stood there not saying anything, which made Kibum call out.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" he seemed timid.

"Y-yeah. It's Jonghyung" I studdered. Nice Jonghyun, act all  weird in front of him, that's awesome.

" Oh, hey, um did you want something?"

"Yeah, could we talk alittle? I wanna get to know you."

He seemed hesitant, which I could understand. I'm a stranger he just meet that cruched his glasses and he's blind. he must not trust to many people.

"Okay, but only for a little while" I could tell he had his defences up.

I stepped into the apartment and it was everything my apartment wasn't. There was color and art and life in Kibum's home. It felt like a home

"So what did you want to talk about?" He easily moved threw the living room to the open kitchen. Something smelled really good so I followed.

"Nothing much. Just normal stuff and maybe be friends with you?" I look over on the counter and find what smelled so good. A spice cake and a big on at that.

" You're baking cakes? They look really good."

" I wouldn't know, I just do what the recipe says and put icing on..."

"sorry... What are you making?"

" Mm I think brownies or a chocolate cake" Kibum felt around to find a book which I could only guess was a cook book. " Yep, Brownies"

" Do you need any help, I'm not good at cooking but I could hand you stuff" He chuckled a little.

" If you can then yeah sure thanks"

We spent the rest of the time talking about baking and what tasted better. Kibum seemed to open up a bit which was nice. He was so refreshing. I was drawn to him, happy to be doing something different for once. We changed subjects from baking to my work. I simply told him I wrote some songs for a company, nothing special, be it that I was gonna be fired from it by the end of the week.

" What song are you working on now?" he asked. We finished baking and now were talking on his couch. he kept his eyes the whole time. I wanted to see them again, they were pretty along with the rest of him.

" Well I only have two lines and I need it done by the end of the week..."

"Tell me the lyrics" he smiled. I guess he liked music. he reminded me of myself...

"Okay but don't expect too much." I prepped my voice a little. Yes I can sing. " Nothing in your eyes say they trust me. But give a chance to open that red door in your heart. Maybe there's still hope, even if this hope is blind...."

I looked at him, he seemed to take it all in. And then he asked me a question I wanted to avoid

" Is this about me?"

" Well um, kinda. I'm not ssaying I like you in that way, I just found you interesting a-and I haven't had this feeling in-in a long time..." my voice grew quite but I knew he could still hear me.

"It's nice... I really like your voice... If you really did start liking me when we first meet, I won't mind. I can tell that you are a kind person, you just lost your way." there was a silence. A nice one.

"Well Jonghyun you have a lot of work to do. You better finish that song or else I'll never let in here again" he motioned tto his heart. He finally opened his eyes and looked towards my direction. " Lets be friends"

And that was when my life started to have meaning.