Spark

The Red Door

The day ended at the same time as always. I get on the bus, go to my apartment building and I would get on the elevator and head up to the 6th floor. Well that was the plan until someone bumped into me in front of the elevator. I take a glance at the person who had a black stick in one hand and two boxes in the other. Why did he have a stick, I'm not sure.

 

"Watch it, will ya?" I said not really caring.

" I'm sorry, I didn't  'see' you" the boy said back. His voice was rich and smooth and for some reason streesed 'see'.

"But can you help me to the elevator?'" he asked causiously.

'We're right in front of it' I thought to my self. I finally turned to the boy and looked at him, but I didn't expect myself to be puzzled. He wore a bright red top with black and white pattern pants and rd shoes. But that wasn't what got my attention. It was his eyes. They were pale and cloudy.

"You- your eyes are-" I didnt finish because he gasped.

"My glasses! Where are they?" He touched his face in search for them but they weren't there, then he dropped to the floor, patting the ground. He dropped his stick and boxes during his search.

"Where are they, damn it..." he said to himself

I stared at the boy, still dazed a bit. He was really pretty. I stepped closer to him,not paying attention, and heard a crunching sound under my shoe.

"...no.." the boy whispered

" I- I'm sorry"

"seriously, oh man you broke them! How did you not see thwem right in front of you?!" He looked so sad and upset. His eyes wondered , looking around over my head like he knew I was in front of him but didn't know where.

"Do you even know how hard it is to get those glasses?" he asked. I couldn't stop staring at him

"You're blind?" that was a stupid question.

"...Great, I 'm talking to someone who states the obvious"

"I'm sorry, it's just-"

"You've never seen a blind person before?"

" No- I just haven't seen someone who isn't dull in a long time. It's just a bonus that you're blind." I whispered the last part to myself.

"Even if you whisper I can still hear you" he stated simply. I crouch dowm in front of him, removing my foot off the now cruched glasses.

"again, I'm sorry about that. I'll payfor you glasses". I guess he wasn't expecting my voice to be so close to him, so he jumped and moved away. He touched his walking stick -now I knew what it was- and picked it up and pointed at my chest, poking me too.

" Who are youanyway?" he poked me while asking, which I found funny.

"I'm Kim Jonghyun. I live on the 6th floor, apartment 628"

" Mmm. Okay I'm Kim Kibum. I just moved into 626 next door to you..." the boy, I mean, Kibum, lowered his stick from my chest.

"Well I guess we're neighbors then" I stick out my hand forgetting 'oh yeah he can't see anything' so I quickly put it back down.

" Okay neighbor could you help me with my boxes then?"

"Sure"

This person wasn't dull. He was the very opposite. I haven't seen someone like him since I moved here.

'Maybe there's still hope, even if this hope is blind'