Endings

For You

Kyuhyun was watching TV in his hospital ward to distract himself from the painful reality, when suddenly his ward door opened. He shifted his attention to the door and saw Ryeowook at the entrance with a bright smile holding a pizza box.

"Hey! I thought you would like some company, Cho Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun was surprised that Ryeowook knows his name but ignored it anyway. Ryeowook casually take a seat by Kyuhyun's bedside and opened up the pizza box revealing a few slices of peperoni pizza. He offered Kyuhyun to take some, Kyuhyun hesitate before finally taking a slice. Both of them ate in silent until Kyuhyun broke the silence.

"So tell me your story."

"What? What do you mean?" Ryeowook asked, confused.

"Well, I practically told you my tragic life story so you owe me your story. Like why are you in this hospital?"

"I'm in this hospital because I'm being treated for leukimia. I also don't have much time left." Kyuhyun was surprised at how calm Ryeowook was and he didn't know how to respond. He didn't know whether he should comfort the guy or just ignore him.

"Let's be friends! Since you are going to be in the hospital for quite sometime and I'm pretty sure you will be lonely without me." Ryeowook told Kyuhyun cheerfully with a bright smile. Kyuhyun then gave in and forced a smile.

Since that day Ryeowook hangs out in Kyuhyun's ward a lot and when he is too weak to go to Kyuhyun's ward Kyuhyun will wheel himself to Ryeowook's ward. Their friendship grew slowly without them knowing, they got closer together and Kyuhyun begins to open his heart more for Ryeowook. It's comforting to have Ryeowook around because he with Ryeowook, he knows that he is not the only one suffering.

One day when Kyuhyun was hanging out in Ryeowook's room, they were silently watching a show together when Kyuhyun broke the silence.

"Wookie, today will be the last day I'll be spending time with you. I will be discharged tomorrow and I'm moving to Busan with my aunt." Kyuhyun paused to look at Ryeowook's reaction but his reaction was empty. "I will miss you Wookie, I hope you will recover and maybe you can visit me in Busan when you are well."

Ryeowook was silent. Kyuhyun didn't know what to do, he just looked at Ryeowook silently hoping that Ryeowook would respond to him soon because the silent was getting awkward.

"You know... You know there is a way for you to see me more often." Ryeowook suddenly broke the silence and looked at Kyuhyun. "You know, you can still see me when you go for your therapy sessions and I can even visit you during your therapy." 

"But you know I don't want to carry on with therapy. I only have 15% chance of walking Wookie, it's useless."

"Please Kyu... If you don't even go for therapy then you won't even know. What if after you try with therapy and you will be able to regain your ability to walk. If you don't try then there will be no hope at all." Ryeowook tried to persuade Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was surprised to see Ryeowook's teary eyes. Who would be able to say no if someone beg you with those teary eyes.

Kyuhyun sigh, "Okay fine. I will try but if I still can't walk within one month I'm giving up." Ryeowook smiled at Kyuhyun's reply.

"I'm sure you will be abe to walk within weeks Kyu!"

******

It's been a 3 weeks since Kyuhyun got discharge, he had been attending threapy sessions regularly thrice a week also visiting Ryeowook whenever he was in the hospital. He noticed how Ryeowook lost weight and he is getting weaker day by day. Kyuhyun treasure each day with Ryeowook more and more, without realising he is beginning to develop feelings for Ryeowook. He wants more than just friendship with that guy, he wants to spend the rest of his life by Ryeowook's side. He wants to be there whenever Ryeowook is hurting from chemotherapies and when he is suffering from all the medicine. He wants Ryeowook to go through everything with him. Kyuhyun also starts to be more focus in therapy so that he wouldl be able to walk soon so that he could take care of Ryeowook.

Slowly Kyuhyun began to gain feelings on his toes, he was able to stand still although still unable to move. Ryeowook teared up as he watched his friend standing on his own for the first time since the accident. Day by day Kyuhyun's legs got stronger, he began to ragained feelings and he did his first step soon after.

The next week when Kyuhyun went for his therapy session, Ryeowook wasn't there waiting for him so maybe he thought he was just late. Kyuhyun was walking with crutches now, his legs were getting better quickly. As he went on with his therapy he began to walk slowly without crutches or any support, he lost his balance at first but soon he was able to walk normaly. Kyuhyun was so proud of himself and he wished Ryeowook was there to see him. As he got more confident on walking he began to walk out of the therapy room towards Ryeowook's room.

Kyuhyun stumbled a little at the beginning but soon he was able to walk normally. As he entered Ryeowook's room with a bright smile, he frowned to find the room was empty. He walked to nurses' station to ask for Ryeowook's whereabouts.

"I'm sorry sir, Mr Kim passed away this morning." Kyuhyun thought his blood became frozen and stopped flowing. The feeling was exactly just like when he found out that he dad passed away. He stared at the nurse in shock before breaking into tears. He squat down againts the counter and just sob uncontrollably.

"What is this? Why is everyone leaving me? Is this some kind of sick joke?" Kyuhyun thought.

"I'm sorry sir, are you by chance Mr Cho Kyuhyun? Mr Kim left a letter for you, he told me to pass it to Mr Cho." The nurse told Kyuhyun with concerned. Kyuhyun didn't say anything, he grabbed the letter from the nurse and went to the rooftop. The place where he first met Ryeowook. He opened up the folded paper and saw Ryeowook's handwritting on it.

Dear Kyuhyun,

If you are reading this that means, I'm gone. I'm sorry I left without saying goobye...

I didn't know my time would be up this fast. I thought I would still be able to see you walk again.

Kyu, don't give up with therapy alright? I know it has been almost a month and you told me you would give up if you don't start walking in a month.

Please don't give up Kyu, continue with therapy until you can walk again or even run. Fulfill your dream Kyu, fulfill your dream of running in the Olympics Kyu. I'm sure you can do it, I believe you can even be the fastest man in the world.

Thank you for always being by my side. Thank you for spending my last days with me. Now I can leave the world with happy memories with you.

Don't mourn over me for too long alright? Move on and chase for your dreams. I'll be up there watching you always.

Don't give up Kyu, work hard and achieve your dream. For me?

I love you Kyu... I'm sorry I didn't get to say in person. But I love you.

Love, Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun just cried his heart out, clutching Ryeowook's letter to his chest.

"I love you too Wookie, why did you leave me? I love you too..."

******

It's been 2 years since Ryeowook's death, Kyuhyun continued with his therapy diligently and after a year of intensive therapy he was able to go back on track. He started from the bottom to start running again, his relatives were always there to support him. Sometimes it hurts to run but he endure it, he trained hard with his coach to go back to running again. Kyuhyun obviously didn't get to compete in London Olympics, but his main goal now is the next Olympic. He promised himself that this time he will definitely run in the Olympics to make Ryeowook proud. That's his dream now.

"Don't worry Wookie, I will work hard to get back up and win competitions again until I reach the Olympics. I will achieve my dream for you." Kyuhyun tought while looking up at the sky with a smile on his face.

"I will do it Wookie. For you"