Beginnings

For You

His heart was beating so fast he thought he was going to collapse any second now. Kyuhyun, was ready in position waiting for the shooter to shoot the gun that indicates the race begins.

"BANG"

As soon as Kyuhyun heard the loud bang he looked up straight to the finish line 100m in front of him. This is the last competition before he could compete in the London Olympics next year. This is the qualifying round to decide whether he is going to represent South Korea in the Olympics or not. He ran as fast as he could, his eyes fixed to the finishing line. Before he knew it he passed the finishing line first, the stadium was then filled with cheers. Kyuhyun looked up to the grand stand and spot his beloved father waving at him proud. His cheek felt wet all of a sudden only to realise that a tear has escaped from his eye.

"I did it." He thought silently, he did it. He is going to represent South Korea in the London Olympics next year.

That night, Kyuhyun fell asleep on the passenger seat  due to exhaustion as his dad was driving home after a celebratory dinner for his win. Suddenly, Kyuhyun was awaken by loud noises. As he opened his eyes his vision was spinning fast, it was as if the world was spinning. The spinning then come to a stop and everything was blur, all he remembered was that he was upside down.

His head was throbbing, everything was pitch black. Kyuhyun gather up all his strength to force open his eyes. His eyelids begin to open, his vision was blurry but slowly it became clearly. Kyuhyun woke up in an unfamiliar room, the room was silent except for the beeping sounds. His body was aching so badly, he tried to move his hands but it felt so heavy, he then tried to move his legs.

"My legs! I can't feel my legs!" Kyuhyun realised as he tried to move them. His eyes widened, he panicked.

"Mr Cho, you are in the hospital now. I'm Dr Park, you've been in a coma for 2 days." The doctor informed Kyuhyun to calm him down.

"My legs! Why can't I feel my legs? What happened? The car.... the car was spinning and and..." Kyuhyun paused to take a breath. "Where is my dad? Is he okay?" Kyuhyun asked frantically.

"I'm sorry Mr Cho, your dad did not survive the crash. He passed away on the scene due to major brain bleed."

At that moment, Kyuhyun just froze. He did not know how to react to the news that the doctor just told him, it was as if his brain became frozen and he was unable to register the news. He did not even remember the fact that he couldn't feel his legs anymore.

"Mr Cho, I also have to inform you that your spine was badly damaged in the accident and you may lose the ability to walk. However, there is still 15% chance that you will be able to walk again if you go through therapy. We have also called your uncle and aunt from Busan and informed them about the accident, they are outside waiting for you right now."

Kyuhyun just lay there not saying a word. He was not able to register anything the doctor just told him. Everything was just too much and to sudden for him to accept. The doctor then just left the room and soon Kyuhyun's aunt and uncle came into the room. His aunt's eyes were puffy probably from crying over his dead brother. She quickly went to Kyuhyun's bedside and hugged him, while his hair.

"Hyunnie don't worry, you can live with auntie and uncle in Busan from now on. You can go to the same school as your cousins. Don't worry Hyunnie we will take care of you like our own son." Kyuhyun's aunt informed Kyuhyun while sobbing and . Kyuhyun however was silent the whole time.

The next day, Kyuhyun's uncle wheeled him to his dad's funeral at the hospital. Everyone looked at him with sympathy. He was i front of his father's coffin, paying his last respect to his beloved father, the only person that has been by his side for the past 10 years since his mother passed away when he was 9 years old. At this moment, he cant hold it in any longer. Tears flowing out of his eyes, Kyuhyun was sobbing hard in front of his father. Everyone at the funeral stared at Kyuhyun pitifully and some of them started sobbing harder watching Kyuhyun.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun stopped crying. He wheeled himself out of the funeral, he can't stay in there any longer. He entered the lift and pressed the highest button leading to the rooftop of the hospital. When he arrived at the rooftop, he wheeled himself out toward the railings. He observed the beautiful view, he was able to see sunset from the rooftop.

"Why the hell did I survive? Is God trying to play with me? He made me survive the crash so that I could become a crippled orphan." Kyuhyun let out a sigh at his thought. "I rather die then live like this. I can't even run anymore. There is nothing to live for. Maybe if I die, I will be able to be reunited with appa. I can even be reunited with eomma in heaven." Kyuhyun smiled at the thought, it wasn't such a bad idea after all he tought.

With that, he pushed his hands on the wheelchair so that he could stand up. He leaned closer to the railings so that he could fall over and dall off the building to die.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Suddenly someone shouted at Kyuhyun and ran towards him to pull him up from the raillings.

"What the...Let me go! I said let me go! I just want to die!!" Kyuhyun shouted at the staranger who was trying to stop him from killing himself. But the stranger won't let go of Kyuhyun.

"No! You don't get to die like that!You should be thankful for your life! You don't get to kill yourself when some people in this hospital are fighting for their lives!" Kyuhyun stopped struggling as soon as he heard that statement. He turned his head to see the guy who was holding his upper hands so tightly.

As soon as the stranger realised Kyuhyun had stopped strggling he loosen his grip and gave Kyuhyun a smile.

"Who the hell are you?" Kyuhyun rudely asked the stanger.

"Well, hello to you too friend. My name is Kim Ryeowook. What's your name?" The stranger, Ryeowook told Kyuhyun with a bright smile while helping him to get back up to his wheelchair. Kyuhyun just ignored Ryeowook's question and wheeled himself back to the rooftop entrance as soon as he was seated back on the wheelchair.

"No. You don't get to go back yet. I think you owe your life savior an explaination." Ryeowook told Kyuhyun as he pulled Kyuhyun's wheelchair handle to stop him.

"Ugh, just leave me alone you are annoying!"

"Nope, I won't leave you alone if you don't tell me what the hell just happened."

"Fine I tried to kill myself because I got into a car accident. My dad passed away and my mom passed away long ago, so I'm now an orphan. Also I'm paralysed. Happy?!"

"That's all?" Ryeowook asked with disbelief and he started laughing at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was surprised at his reaction but just rolled his eyes before wheeling himself toward the entrance.

"Wait! You haven't told me your name!" Ryeowook shouted at Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun just ignored him.